Author Topic: Announce: Desktop Version Of The Iqnotes  (Read 20248 times)

kyboo

• View Profile
Announce: Desktop Version Of The Iqnotes
« on: December 14, 2004, 06:41:10 am »
I definitely managed myself to port IQNotes for Linux desktop. You can grab sources here: http://iqnotes.kybu.org/iqnotes-src-2.0.4.tar.bz2 Before compiling, see files BUGS, TODO, README.DESKTOP

BEWARE, this is alpha release, please backup all your IQNotes data files, do not use it for anything else then testing.

I will appreciate any feedback regarding this release, and I hope we will manage stable release soon. Also package maintainers for various Linux distributions are welcome.

P.S.: Data files are created/read from ~/.iqnotes

Stubear

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 07:25:51 pm »
Hmm, doesn't like gcc-3.4, or gcc-3.3.4 with qt-3.3.3.
gcc-2.9.5 bombs out late in the piece with an error
Code: [Select]
iqnotes-2.0.4/iqnotes/desktop/ui/writeNoteBase.h: undefined reference to `QDialog type_info function'but that may be something missing at my end. I'll double check and get back to you.

What version of gcc and qt are you compiling against?

Also it no longer compiles for qtopia with either 3.x or 2.9.5 - the versino of tmake from sharp doesn't understand the new iqnotes.pro syntax and uic for qpe doesn't understand the 3.3 ui format either making empty header files for things like aboutBase.ui

See from the ChangeLog that you have fixed the problem with UTF8 files not saving properly without a password (this was the main thing stopping me from buying iqnotes) but the version available from your site is still 2.02, any plans to update?

Stu
SL-C1000, Hand converted to English with Japanese Input
Running X apps via X/Qt
iRiver USB host cable; Diatec P-Cord usb power cable (extendable); Acro's Reel Cable USB (A to A, B, Mini-B,  & Mini-B 8pin); GreenHouse 1Gb PicoDrive+; 2x256Mb Hagiwara SD cards; 128Mb Transcend CF card; 512Mb PQI CF card; AmbiCom WL1100C-CF 11B WLAN card

kyboo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 03:44:23 am »
What version of gcc and qt are you compiling against?

I am using debian testing, so there is g++ 3.3.4 and Qt 3.3.3. If you can't solve that, please send me a whole output from compiling to kybu@kybu.org.

Also it no longer compiles for qtopia with either 3.x or 2.9.5 - the versino of tmake from sharp doesn't understand the new iqnotes.pro syntax and uic for qpe doesn't understand the 3.3 ui format either making empty header files for things like aboutBase.ui

I focused on the desktop version, and it seems that I created some incompatibilities, i will check it out.  

See from the ChangeLog that you have fixed the problem with UTF8 files not saving properly without a password (this was the main thing stopping me from buying iqnotes) but the version available from your site is still 2.02, any plans to update?

Yes, i plan to update as soon as I will release stable desktop version.

Thanks for report.

Stubear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 09:34:03 am »
Got it too work

Had to reinstall qt-3.3.3, must have done something to break it.

Works well, when do you plan to release stable version?

Stu

P.S. you site is down, so I can't check if you have already updated or not.
Running X apps via X/Qt
iRiver USB host cable; Diatec P-Cord usb power cable (extendable); Acro's Reel Cable USB (A to A, B, Mini-B,  & Mini-B 8pin); GreenHouse 1Gb PicoDrive+; 2x256Mb Hagiwara SD cards; 128Mb Transcend CF card; 512Mb PQI CF card; AmbiCom WL1100C-CF 11B WLAN card

kyboo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 04:06:38 am »
Got it too work

Had to reinstall qt-3.3.3, must have done something to break it.

Works well, when do you plan to release stable version?

Stu

P.S. you site is down, so I can't check if you have already updated or not.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=62317\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I got problem with domain, current link is www.uid0.sk/~kybu/kybu.sk/iqnotes

Stubear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 07:22:57 am »
Any news on a stable releas of iqnotes for the desktop and a version for the zaurus that handles utf text properly in non-enrypted notes?

I'm interested in buying iqnotes (if utf works properly) but I'd prefer to deal direct with you rather than handango. Do you take paypal?

Stu
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 07:27:28 am by Stubear »
Running X apps via X/Qt

Teletubbie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 03:56:40 pm »
Hi,
i cant get iqnotes sources from kybu.org
Has the url changed?
Cheers,
Sam
SL-5500G
OZ 3.3.6-pre1
Opie 1.1.4

chayimkirshen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 07:42:33 am »
I downloaded the bzipped tarball, but it doesn't have README.DESKTOP or a TODO file with any text in it.  Is this the right version?

Stubear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 09:32:37 am »
Did you get version 2.02 or 2.04? Only 2.04 has the desktop stuff in it.

If you can't get it from the site PM me with your email and I'll send it to you

Stu
Running X apps via X/Qt

kyboo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 11:13:38 am »
The web of the domain kybu.org is not currently working. But you can download desktop alpha version from this url http://www.uid0.sk/~kybu/kybu.sk/iqnotes/i...c-2.0.4.tar.bz2

I am sorry guys, but the major problem is, that i had no spare time to devote to iqnotes now, let's hope, it will change soon.

chayimkirshen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 01:59:33 pm »
Excellent!

I got the file from the new link, and will compile and go.

chayimkirshen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2005, 03:19:53 pm »
Truly excellent to have it running!  Can I make a few suggestions/comments?

- it would be nice to be able to export a specific note (the selected one) from onside the gui
- drawing doesn't work
- too many windows pop up.  An all in one interface would be great

Fantastic step forward!

MaBo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 11:08:02 am »
As a note to self, and as a possible help for others that like to use iqnotes on their desktop as well but have some issues in understanding the things that are written above, a few notes on how to compile the program. I did it on an (old) machine running Ubuntu 9.04. As I'm relatively new to linux on the desktop, I may be too detailed for the real cracks.
Steps are:
-download the sources from berlios.de, to a directory say Documents/Downloads/IqNotes
-extract the sources "to here" (right mouse click)
-open a terminal window.
-I directly cd-ed into the folder Documents/Downloads/IqNotes/iqnotes-2.1.0rc1/iqnotes
-install g++:
sudo apt-get install g++-install qt3 development tools:
sudo apt-get install qt3-dev-tools-run qmake:
qmake -o Makefile iqnotes.pro-run make:
make---wait---
done.

The executable iqnotes is in the bin subfolder.

There is one issue left: where to put the pictures of all menu's and buttons? The README.DESKTOP file is not clear about that. It says to create a folder according to the IQNOTES_PICDIR macro. I seem to not get that... If there is anyone with more info on that, please complete.

But now I have a working iqnotes on desktop. If only I could have it on a windowz-box...

See you,
MaBo

koan

• View Profile
    • http://www.lyndonhill.com
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 02:20:48 pm »
Quote from: MaBo
There is one issue left: where to put the pictures of all menu's and buttons? The README.DESKTOP file is not clear about that. It says to create a folder according to the IQNOTES_PICDIR macro. I seem to not get that... If there is anyone with more info on that, please complete.

From the code it looks like you need to add /iqnotes/items/ onto the directory defined by IQNOTES_PICDIR which is /usr/share/iqnotes by default, so the directory you need is /usr/share/iqnotes/iqnotes/items/

For Zaurus it looks like /opt/QtPalmtop/pics/iqnotes/items/

See choosePic.cpp

HTH
Zocalo Feed Reader : Thai on Zaurus : Dictionaries for zbedic : Sharp ROM package feed
HELUX Handheld Embedded Linux Blog
SL-C3200 Multiboot : SL-C750  Sharp ROM

MaBo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 03:24:25 pm »
Thanks Koan,
That didn't really work. The following does:
if no modifications are made to the source code whatsoever, you have to create a folder /usr/share/iqnotes and then simply copy (drag and drop) the contents of the pics folder. It actually is exactly as is written in the README.DESKTOP file. The pictuers are then in /usr/share/iqnotes/iqnotes. That folder also has a (empty) subfolder items. What that is for, I don't know...

So now it works completely.

Let's try the next thing: compile it on a windows box with some flavor of g++ and qt3...

I will report if that works.

MaBo