Author Topic: Qtopia Rom 2.1.1  (Read 25192 times)

caunt

• View Profile
Qtopia Rom 2.1.1
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2005, 12:25:21 pm »
I flashed this ROM to my 5000d (I was testing backup/restore which incidently, wasn't working - at least the restore part wasn't)

It really looks great, and has a lot of neat new additions.

I am back to cacko for now though, 1)because it IS a 5000d, and I really need all the memory it has as memory. (If it were a simple matter of pasting in something to the work done on cacko, I'd try it, but that's unlikely)  and 2), as others have noted, it doesn't suspend on mine either.

lpotter

• View Profile
    • http://qtopia.net
Qtopia Rom 2.1.1
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2005, 05:01:27 pm »
2), as others have noted, it doesn't suspend on mine either.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=75179\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

whoops. forgot to upload the new image.
Software Engineer, Systems Group, MES, Trolltech
irc.freenode.net #qtopia
http://qtopia.net

lpotter

• View Profile
Qtopia Rom 2.1.1
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2005, 05:12:37 pm »
Uhm... it is a major misconception to use the term 'stable' for 'no one does any more work on it'.

Just because you do not work on it doesn't mean no one is...

Stable:
   1. Resistant to change of position or condition; not easily moved or disturbed: a house built on stable ground; a stable platform.
   2. Not subject to sudden or extreme change or fluctuation: a stable economy; a stable currency.
   3. Maintaining equilibrium; self-restoring: a stable aircraft.

irc.freenode.net #qtopia

nilch

• View Profile
    • http://
Qtopia Rom 2.1.1
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2005, 05:15:33 pm »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=75229\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Any changelogs ... ? I mean anything new apart from the Suspend function working ?

Oh how I would love this ROM [underline] all finished [underline end] for the new devices.
New no more-C1000 / 5000D (sold my 6000 and 750) | Cacko ROM 1.23 on C1000 | 256 MB CF | 2GB PNY SD card | Socket Networker WiFi CF Card | USB Host cable from StreamlineCPUS | Mini Microphone (for voice recording) |

adf

• View Profile
Qtopia Rom 2.1.1
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2005, 06:24:05 pm »
does 2.1 zoom on vga screens? i didn't see it....
**3100 Zubuntu Jaunty,(working on Cacko dualboot), 16G A-Data internal CF, 4G SD, Ambicom WL-1100C Cf, linksys usb ethernet,  BelkinF8T020 BT card, Belkin F8U1500-E Ir kbd, mini targus usb mouse, rechargeble AC/DC powered USB hub, psp cables and battery extenders.

**6000l  Tetsuized Sharprom, installed on internal flash only 1G sd, 2G cf

caunt

• View Profile
Qtopia Rom 2.1.1
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2005, 11:56:18 pm »
2), as others have noted, it doesn't suspend on mine either.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=75179\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=75229\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Hi LPotter!
Does this mean there's a new image with the suspend working?

I'm sorry if this is a terribly ignorant question, but:
Is it a lot of work to change the rom so it installs to SD? Alas, I've tried (and failed) to get a second partion working and available on my SD card, so playing with the ROM seems to be asking for trouble for me, for now.

Edit:
Hybrid ROM has Qtopia installed as an ipk.  Is the source available from 2.1 that I might try some cut+paste - to try and make a Qtopia 2.1 ipk?

I'd like to give it a shot.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 04:41:47 pm by caunt »

ev1l

• View Profile
    • http://bbshuffle.blogspot.com/
Qtopia Rom 2.1.1
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2005, 07:11:06 pm »
So when are the OZ and QT people planning on shaking hands again?
In the meantime, lpotter, is the 860 ROM ready? I'd be happy to try it out this weekend.

lpotter

• View Profile
Qtopia Rom 2.1.1
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2005, 02:21:37 am »
Yes. I had forgotten to install apm on the 5000d/5500 image.

Is it a lot of work to change the rom so it installs to SD? Alas, I've tried (and failed) to get a second partion working and available on my SD card, so playing with the ROM seems to be asking for trouble for me, for now.

Edit:
Hybrid ROM has Qtopia installed as an ipk.  Is the source available from 2.1 that I might try some cut+paste - to try and make a Qtopia 2.1 ipk?

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=75294\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Shouldn't be too difficult. At some point, I will have a download to other kernel memory configs.

Everything on the rom is installed via ipkg. Most of what is on the roms are available in the Qtopia 2.1.1 sources at trolltech.com.
Qtopia is entirely installed to /opt/Qtopia, so you could simply move it where you want and supply a symlink, or change the /etc/init.d/qpe script.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 02:23:12 am by lpotter »
irc.freenode.net #qtopia

caunt

• View Profile
Qtopia Rom 2.1.1
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2005, 02:27:35 pm »
>Yes. I had forgotten to install apm on the 5000d/5500 image.
Thank You!

>>Edit:
>>Hybrid ROM has Qtopia installed as an ipk.  Is the source available from 2.1 >>that I might try some cut+paste - to try and make a Qtopia 2.1 ipk?
>>I'd like to give it a shot.

>Shouldn't be too difficult. At some point, I will have a download to other kernel >memory configs.

>Everything on the rom is installed via ipkg. Most of what is on the roms are >available in the Qtopia 2.1.1 sources at trolltech.com.
>Qtopia is entirely installed to /opt/Qtopia, so you could simply move it where you >want and supply a symlink, or change the /etc/init.d/qpe script.

GREAT,  Thank you LPotter.  I'm not sure when I'll have a free moment, but I'm definitely going to give this a try!  I did find the source files.  I tried installing several just "out of the box", but it isn't quite that simple.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 02:29:57 pm by caunt »

caunt

• View Profile
Qtopia Rom 2.1.1
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2005, 05:30:51 pm »
Hey everyone, Cancel works fine now!

LPotter,

The more I play with this ROM, the more I appreciate it.  THANK YOU

I like:
  - the way the icons bob when activated
  - the nice clear hourglass when waiting (like 1.6, but unlike 1.5)
  - not to mention how nice and clear and neat everything looks (I notice this particularly as my eyes are having more trouble these days...)
  - The fact that you can show details on packages in the package manager  (like 1.6)
  -  The fact that everything is installed by ipk and thus, can easily be uninstalled (by those of us who are not that familiar with unix - for others, it's always easy I gather) if there is something with similar capability that we like better. (again, like 1.6 but unlike 1.5)
  - The choice in how icons are displayed in the launcher (like 1.6)
  - the plugin manager is nice
  - The today view is quite fetching.  (though in the world of comprimise, I don't know that I'd give up the extra functions of ko/pi for it.  It is pretty enough to make me think about it anyway)
  - The video player is nice to have.  I haven't tried to play videos much, but have been jealous nevertheless, that kino doesn't work on the 5000d.
  - I like the music player having check boxes beside all the titles.
  - I like being able to adjust volume (with large buttons) from the player
  -  I like the built-in style adjustments ( 'cuz I always add that anyway   )
  -

Some things would be nice if different:
  - The music player would be so much better with a (large) button for turning off the screen (and have it all turn back on when the cancel button was hit).  The older media player had a (small) button for this, and it made playing mp3's in the car SO much better.
  - I find the documents tab rather useless as it is.  I liked the one in 1.5 a lot better.  Is there a way to add categories?  If there were, that would change things, as it would then be the means of categorizing mp3s for playlists.  (and other documents, but music benefits the most)  As is is,  "business personal unfiled" just doesn't do much for me, and the tab takes a long time to load (I have large CF cards   ).  For file browsing itself, your advanced FM and treeview have things covered nicely.
Actually, could there be a way to enable/disable the documents tab regardless?  That would be very helpful.
  - Umm,  whatever happened to that great little "Tab Settings" program in 1.5 that dissappeared in 1.6 (and 2.1 beta)?  Could we have that  back again?  Tab manager works, but to be honest, I really like the origional Tab Settings a lot better.

Are you looking for bugs?
System info just refused to load on my just now (but gave a very nice error message instead of just hanging).  Said it was due to application error 11.
I also am getting "critical low memory" messages, which just reinforces the fact that I can't use this without the 0 - 32 configuration.   32 mgs of ram is really skimping, and 15 is really pretty unusable.

The QT logo on the startbutton is too big on my machine.  It only shows the bottom right quarter of the Q.

Woops, software packages was just terminated due to app error 11 (trying to install the memory applet which lets me add swap files easily).  and then hung.  somthing tells me "error 11" is related to lack of memory.
After reboot, I have the memory applet installed, but it apparently fails to activate the swapfile on either SD or CF.
 (update, swap file works fine on a reinstall - probrably leftover "stuff" on the SD last time)
Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 11:20:53 am by caunt »

ev1l

• View Profile
    • http://bbshuffle.blogspot.com/
Qtopia Rom 2.1.1
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2005, 08:12:16 pm »
Lpotter still need a clamshell tester?

_Psycho

• View Profile
    • http://zports.sf.net
Qtopia Rom 2.1.1
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2005, 01:19:33 pm »
Thats remember me, lpotter know it, but if someone wanted to know:
(of course i used a rom he changed but i mention it here)

The USB bug i had on the ping, is kernel related. You have to use another kernel.
The Fn work now but put a <enter> first. So doesnt really work.
Still need to fix the USB detection on unsuspend (the PC doesnt detect the device after a suspend unsuspend).

Except that the rom has been working pretty good. I have small sync problem, but
I never had time to test in the last week and half

Thats for the c700.

I should try to find a "known issues" for the buildroot version ljp used
Zaurus Porting Project :
http://zports.sf.net
Conics:
http://www.conics.net

Cyril92

• View Profile
Qtopia Rom 2.1.1
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2005, 01:00:37 pm »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76034\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I would like so much to be a clamshell tester, but it seems that the c3000 is not considered as a clamshell.

When I see the amount of rom for the c3000, I wonder if it is really a Zaurus.

Question : Is the c3000 a Zaurus ? (New poll)
SL-C760 (Cacko ROM), 256Mb CF,512Mb SD
Pentopia stylus 3in1,CF wifi , CE-RH1
looking for : SL5500
Previous : C3000,C860 & 6000L.

adf

• View Profile
Qtopia Rom 2.1.1
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2005, 04:47:58 pm »
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76034\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I would like so much to be a clamshell tester, but it seems that the c3000 is not considered as a clamshell.

When I see the amount of rom for the c3000, I wonder if it is really a Zaurus.

Question : Is the c3000 a Zaurus ? (New poll)
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=76294\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Not too much different for the 6k a few months ago, and the 6 is just starting to gain momentum a year after its release.  I think if sharp were more cooperative you'd see stuff faster- but it takes time to develop stuff for an undocumented unsupported platform. I think all the developers have plans for the pxa 270 clamshells
**3100 Zubuntu Jaunty,(working on Cacko dualboot), 16G A-Data internal CF, 4G SD, Ambicom WL-1100C Cf, linksys usb ethernet,  BelkinF8T020 BT card, Belkin F8U1500-E Ir kbd, mini targus usb mouse, rechargeble AC/DC powered USB hub, psp cables and battery extenders.

**6000l  Tetsuized Sharprom, installed on internal flash only 1G sd, 2G cf

CGM

• View Profile
Qtopia Rom 2.1.1
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2005, 03:42:05 am »
Yes. I had forgotten to install apm on the 5000d/5500 image.

Edit:
Hybrid ROM has Qtopia installed as an ipk.  Is the source available from 2.1 that I might try some cut+paste - to try and make a Qtopia 2.1 ipk?

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=75294\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Shouldn't be too difficult. At some point, I will have a download to other kernel memory configs.

Everything on the rom is installed via ipkg. Most of what is on the roms are available in the Qtopia 2.1.1 sources at trolltech.com.
Qtopia is entirely installed to /opt/Qtopia, so you could simply move it where you want and supply a symlink, or change the /etc/init.d/qpe script.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=75482\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I have a problem installing stock ipk's on the new ROM, every-time, they fail during installation with an error message about the root (/) filesystem.  I suspect that something is trying to install to the full / system rather then the amost empty /usr file system.  Unfortunately, I don't know what I need to be fixing!

One a different note, great ROM, and the apm fix in the new image for the 5500 is great. Does irda work yet, I'd like to get my ir-keyboard up and running with irk (assuming I can get passed the ipk installation problems)