Author Topic: Sl-c3100 Don't Power On, Please Help!  (Read 3338 times)

Leinadmx

• View Profile
Sl-c3100 Don't Power On, Please Help!
« on: June 09, 2006, 12:42:26 pm »
Hi friends.

I am sorry, but I really need your help, yesterday I got my Zaurus SL-C3100, it worked fine, at night I install pdaXrom and it start fine, today morning I was thinking about install it other programas, so I connect the Zaurus to the AC and pdaXrom started fine, suddenly when the system stay at loadding modules, the screen becomes white and nothing respond, so I decided turn off the power to restart again.

But when I connect the AC again it does not work, it seems to be die!!!
I try to control me and read as much I could about it, I try all the key combitations to start the emergy system and the diagnostics menu, but it does not work yet!

When I installed pdaXrom I use all the key combitations and works fine, even I install the TRIsoft Sharp ROM, but I think that pdaXrom could be better for me. The point is that now the Zaurus seems to be die, nothing respond

Please could you help?? any advice? I do not understand what happend.
I do not what to do, I expend all my money on this and I cannot send it to japan.

Thanks in advanced and Best Regards,

daniel3000

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 12:58:40 pm »
Don't panic, it is probably not dead.

Take out the battery and disconnect any power.

Switch the battery switch back to the right (towards the battery compartment), leaving the battery compartment open.

Wait a few minutes.

Press the B and D keys firmly and take care you KEEP THEM PRESSED during...

Inserting the battery

If nothing happens, press OnOff

Now the Z should come back to life and you can release the B and D keys.

Please report if this brings it to life again. If so, you can go on diagnosing. if not, your battery may be defective and you may need another one.

daniel
SL-C3200 with weeXpc, based on pdaXrom 1.1.0beta3
HP 200LX with MS-DOS 5.0

Leinadmx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 01:20:56 pm »
Hi,
Thanks for the advice but it does not work
I tried with the battery and te with the AC, but nothing happend.

another idea please??

tapjpa

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 01:34:43 pm »
Leinadmx-

Please quit posting your problem in numerous forums, please be patient you should receive a suitable response posting this in one forum only.

Leinadmx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 01:57:13 pm »
Leinadmx-

Please quit posting your problem in numerous forums, please be patient you should receive a suitable response posting this in one forum only.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130568\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Ok, I am sorry, it just that I feel really nervous.
By the way I check the DC current with a multimeter and it is 5.18 volts and the battery is 3.8 volts.

Best Regards

bluedevils

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 01:57:47 pm »
Hi Leinadmx,

It's pretty frustrating to have troubles when you just received the new zaurus.  Try doing a search of trisoft's posts as he has often given good advice when most people have "dead" Zs.
I'm now an iphone user and use my zaurii as serial terminals, perl and shell scripting and when I need 640x480 screens

sl-c3100/pda cacko 1.23 | sl-6000l/needs battery | sl-c760/server pdaxrom rc12 | Former sl-5500/tkcrom owner (sister's birthday gift)

adf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 02:43:08 pm »
did you hit and hold reset with no battery, insert and lock battery (while holding d+m) then plug in ac adapter...a few times??  that sort of thing pulled mine out of a similar post rc4 funk
**3100 Zubuntu Jaunty,(working on Cacko dualboot), 16G A-Data internal CF, 4G SD, Ambicom WL-1100C Cf, linksys usb ethernet,  BelkinF8T020 BT card, Belkin F8U1500-E Ir kbd, mini targus usb mouse, rechargeble AC/DC powered USB hub, psp cables and battery extenders.

**6000l  Tetsuized Sharprom, installed on internal flash only 1G sd, 2G cf

Leinadmx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 03:27:47 pm »
Hi,
Thanks for the advices, but I have tried the different combinations and it still do not turn on.
I do not understand Why, pdaXrom looks fine, and now eith nothing turn on, even the lights do not work.
There is not reaction on the Zaurus.

But please if you know other way, let me know. I will try to leave it without energy all afternoon and at night try again.

Best regards.

adf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 07:35:08 pm »
Hi,
Thanks for the advices, but I have tried the different combinations and it still do not turn on.
I do not understand Why, pdaXrom looks fine, and now eith nothing turn on, even the lights do not work.
There is not reaction on the Zaurus.

But please if you know other way, let me know. I will try to leave it without energy all afternoon and at night try again.

Best regards.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=130593\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
If it helps, mine just sort of snapped out of it while I was retrying. I had been convinced it was dead up to that point.
**3100 Zubuntu Jaunty,(working on Cacko dualboot), 16G A-Data internal CF, 4G SD, Ambicom WL-1100C Cf, linksys usb ethernet,  BelkinF8T020 BT card, Belkin F8U1500-E Ir kbd, mini targus usb mouse, rechargeble AC/DC powered USB hub, psp cables and battery extenders.

**6000l  Tetsuized Sharprom, installed on internal flash only 1G sd, 2G cf

Cresho

• View Profile
    • http://home.earthlink.net/~cresho/
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 04:04:37 pm »
yep---had similar problems with pdaxrom....numerous times.
Zaurus C-3200 (internal 8gb seagate drive) with buuf icon theme, cacko 1.23 full,  and also Meanie's pdaxqtrom-Debian/Open Office
Zaurus SL-5500 Sharp Rom 3.13 with steel theme
pretec pocket pc wi fi
ambicom bt2000-cf bluetooth-made in taiwan
simpletech 1gb cf
pny 1gb sd
patriot 2gb
ocz or patriot 4gb sd(failed after 2 weeks)only on z
creative csw-5300 speakers in stereo
DigiLife DDV-1000 for video, Audio, Picture recording playable on the zaurus
Mustek DV4500-video recorder, pictures, voice record on sd for z

zaurusthemes.biz | ZaurusVideo | Zaurus Software