Author Topic: Pdaxii13 On The Sl-c3200  (Read 17180 times)

Ling

• View Profile
    • http://
Pdaxii13 On The Sl-c3200
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2007, 10:39:50 am »
Thanks Mark,

Anything that doesn't work (like USB Storage in r121)? I just about have my beta3 the way I want it, but gpe-calendar/contacts are not so nifty and a few other issues that I don't think I can resolve. Thanks for the feedback.
SL-C3200 w/ pdaXii13 5.3
SL-C860 w/ OZ GPE 3.4.1
Accessories: 4GB Microdrive, 4GB Transcend SD, Linksys WFC12 CF 802.11b, Ambicom CF Modem, Socket Bluetooth

Romulus703x

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On The Sl-c3200
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2007, 07:05:28 am »
Hi Ling,

So far, pdaXii13 v5.2 works great on my 3200.

Haven't found any problems yet....

My Ambicom wifi card works, Dillo, Firefox, Gnumeric works, and other apps I've tried, my 2GB CF and my 4GB SD card works, suspend works too!

HTH,

Mark

Meanie/psycoman/others. It has been awhile since any of the testers provided any feedback as to the current state of pdaXii13 on the 3200. How is it coming?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150271\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150346\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Hello ArchiMax,
I´m also a 3200 user. Can you please write a detailled description, what you have done and which files you used. The name of the file or even the version nummer is required. It seems, that you can run Pdaxii13.
A step by step procedure will be the best.

Until know I have everything done like it was decribed on the tyrannozaurus page, but the upgrade of the kernel will not work. I see only a blue screen. The whole description what I have done is on the tyrannozaurus homepage. You can find everything under the same user name.

Again, a detailled description for 3200er user will be nice. Thanks for your help.

Rimolus703x

danboid

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On The Sl-c3200
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2007, 09:22:51 am »
I second Romulus on that one - please write a step-by-step guide to how you installed pdaXii13 on your c3200 please Archimark- are you not experiencing any of the bugs I am on a c3100 (see my pdaXii13 on c3100 thread)? Maybe not as I think you've got it running with Meanies (Thc's to be more precise) c3000 kernel haven't you, which gave me a rootfs error and didn't boot on a c3100 but maybe you did something I didn't? I thought the c3100 and c3200 were identical save for a bigger MD in the c3200 so I don't see why your install method shouldn't work for c3100 owners too.
Zaurus SL-C3000 w/ MD swapped for a Kingston 32GB Ultimate 266X CF running ALARM
Banana Pi running ALARM on a WD Scorpio SATA II HD
System76 Gazelle Pro i7 laptop w/ SAMSUNG 840 EVO SSD running Arch x64

How to install Arch on your C3x00 Zaurus https://github.com/danboid/ZALARM-install

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pdaxii13 On The Sl-c3200
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2007, 06:54:23 pm »
Hi Ling,

Haven't had a chance to try out USB Storage yet....will try to do that when I get a chance and report back here...

Thanks Mark,

Anything that doesn't work (like USB Storage in r121)? I just about have my beta3 the way I want it, but gpe-calendar/contacts are not so nifty and a few other issues that I don't think I can resolve. Thanks for the feedback.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150347\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Silicon Valley Digerati - * Please see my Mini Laptops For Sale Listing *
Cosmo Communicator / One-Netbook One Mix Yoga 3S (Win 10/Manjaro 18)
Banana Pi Zero UMPC/Armbian
MacBookPro
Sold: C3200/N900/OQO/N5/Dell Mini9/Netwalker/UMID M1/

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pdaxii13 On The Sl-c3200
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2007, 07:22:38 pm »
Hi Romulus,

Well, not that much too write....I just followed the 4 steps that Meanie instructed in post #27 in this thread:

1. flash pdaXrom beta3 (don't worry about the hdd for now)

2. flash pdaXii13 using the older updater.sh from http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/feed/pdaXii13/files/updater.sh

3. rerun the option to flash kernel and initrd

4. reboot

That's it! Actually it's really quite simple...(assuming that you've had some experience flashing a Zaurus before, if not, still OK, it's not that hard....)

Just used a CF with the pdaXrom B3 on it at the root level to do Step 1 and had put the other files for pdaXii13 in a folder on the CF card.

Then for Step 2, I just moved the pdaXrom B3 files into a folder and moved the pdaXii13 files (http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/feed/pdaXii13/tmp/ except for getting 'updater.sh' which I got from other link shown above) up to the root level of the card and did Step 2, which includes a few other steps....

A. Choose 'Option 3' to "Install kernel and bootloader".

B. Choose 'Option 4' to "Extract 'hdimage.tgz' (either 'base' or 'full', depending upon which one you downloaded and put on your card...I installed the 'full' version).

C. Choose 'Option 3' to "Install kernel and bootloader" again.

D. Choose 'Option 6' to reboot. It will take a few minutes for this first bootup...so be patient...eventually if all is OK, you'll see the display calibration screen. Do that and then the display will come back in a 'grayish looking dot pattern' with a little 'X' in the middle, then that will disappear and then the pdaXii13 desktop screen should show up.

[For more info, see 'Installation' section of Meanie's "Zaurus SL-C3000 - customising pdaXrom" document at"

http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/pdaxii13.html

This section has instructions as to how to flash your Zaurus and what order to do the steps of upgrading to pdaXii13.]

That's it!

Hello ArchiMax,
I´m also a 3200 user. Can you please write a detailled description, what you have done and which files you used. The name of the file or even the version nummer is required. It seems, that you can run Pdaxii13.

Until know I have everything done like it was decribed on the tyrannozaurus page, but the upgrade of the kernel will not work. I see only a blue screen. The whole description what I have done is on the tyrannozaurus homepage. You can find everything under the same user name.

Again, a detailled description for 3200er user will be nice. Thanks for your help.

Rimolus703x
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150428\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
MacBookPro

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pdaxii13 On The Sl-c3200
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2007, 07:45:16 pm »
Hi danboid,

I second Romulus on that one - please write a step-by-step guide to how you installed pdaXii13 on your c3200 please

See my post just above this one....tried to summarize steps....  

Archimark- are you not experiencing any of the bugs I am on a c3100 (see my pdaXii13 on c3100 thread)? Maybe not as I think you've got it running with Meanies (Thc's to be more precise) c3000 kernel haven't you, which gave me a rootfs error and didn't boot on a c3100 but maybe you did something I didn't? I thought the c3100 and c3200 were identical save for a bigger MD in the c3200 so I don't see why your install method shouldn't work for c3100 owners too.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150434\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I don't think I have the bugs that you do....

My understanding is that besides the larger MD, the C3200 has a very slightly different CPU (same chip, but has a different revision number....)...don't know if that's making a difference or not in this case....

However, I think if you follow the steps that I describe, you should be OK I would think.....

HTH,

Mark
MacBookPro

danboid

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On The Sl-c3200
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2007, 04:32:44 am »
Archimark:

Thanks for those instructions- I can confirm that they work for c3100 too and that now I have a setup closer to pdaXii13 running on the c3000 as your install method (which uses the c3000 kernel) has fixed a few of the problems I had with the other install method.

I'm going to update my c3100 install instructions and update the bug list accordingly. It can probably be renamed c3100/c3200 install/bugs as you (c3200 pdaXii13 users) will probably have the same set of problems I have now.
Zaurus SL-C3000 w/ MD swapped for a Kingston 32GB Ultimate 266X CF running ALARM

How to install Arch on your C3x00 Zaurus https://github.com/danboid/ZALARM-install

danboid

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On The Sl-c3200
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2007, 05:31:59 am »
I unsure if its worth my while updating my install instructions as in one very important respect my previous install method produced better results. Using Archimarks instructions, df tells me that hda1 is now mounted 3 times- twice under / and once under /media/realroot/mnt/ide and my vfat partition is getting mounted under /data and /media/realroot/mnt/ide3 and maybe this is the reason that I'm unable to save or modify anything on hda1 without my changes being lost after a reboot. I've tried a few times now to get my wifi card working and zgcc setup but the files I copy onto hda1 disappear after reboot. The same thing is happening with the pdaXii13 config file. I make changes, save them, open the file again to check its changed but when I reboot the file is back to how it was on install.

Archimark- can you alter/add files on hda1 and retain changes over a reboot?

Romulus703x

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On The Sl-c3200
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2007, 04:01:01 pm »
Hi Romulus,

Well, not that much too write....I just followed the 4 steps that Meanie instructed in post #27 in this thread:

2. flash pdaXii13 using the older updater.sh from http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/feed/pdaXii13/files/updater.sh

4. reboot

That's it! Actually it's really quite simple...(assuming that you've had some experience flashing a Zaurus before, if not, still OK, it's not that hard....)

Just used a CF with the pdaXrom B3 on it at the root level to do Step 1 and had put the other files for pdaXii13 in a folder on the CF card.

Then for Step 2, I just moved the pdaXrom B3 files into a folder and moved the pdaXii13 files (http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/feed/pdaXii13/tmp/ except for getting 'updater.sh' which I got from other link shown above) up to the root level of the card and did Step 2, which includes a few other steps....

B. Choose 'Option 4' to "Extract 'hdimage.tgz' (either 'base' or 'full', depending upon which one you downloaded and put on your card...I installed the 'full' version).

D. Choose 'Option 6' to reboot. It will take a few minutes for this first bootup...so be patient...eventually if all is OK, you'll see the display calibration screen. Do that and then the display will come back in a 'grayish looking dot pattern' with a little 'X' in the middle, then that will disappear and then the pdaXii13 desktop screen should show up.

[For more info, see 'Installation' section of Meanie's "Zaurus SL-C3000 - customising pdaXrom" document at"

This section has instructions as to how to flash your Zaurus and what order to do the steps of upgrading to pdaXii13.]

That's it!

Hello ArchiMax,

Rimolus703x
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150428\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150490\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Hello ArchiMax,
I´m not sure hoe you have done an update to your Zaurus, but your procedure is ot working for my SL-C3200.

1.) I installed PdaXrom Beta 3 on it and it is working fie.
2.) Download of all  requested files from Meanies Homepage (updater.sh (v0.23), updater-tools.bin, ... from the 5.2 alpha testpage). I hope this was correct.
3.) Followed by step A, B, C and like you described above.
4.) Finally the Zaurus was starting to reboot, but after some minutes he stopped for some seconds and than I got a scrolling window with a lot of messages and it was stopped after 10 ... 15 minutes with a short message "Kernel panic".

It means for me something went wrong. Are there maybe different versions available for updater.sh (v0.23) and updater-tools.bin? Somewhere in the threats I have seen also, that some users renamed the old zimage.bin from PdaXrom Beta 3 into zImage-2.4.20.bin to use it as a replacement for Meanies file.

Also Meanies homepage ave no solution where he mentioned, to do the recommented partition first.

Maybe there is somebody with an idea to do it and of course with a long long detailled
description.

Thanks for your understanding. Maybe Meanie should implement for all Zaurus models a detailled description to installed his OS.

Best regards,
Romulus703x

Romulus703x

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On The Sl-c3200
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2007, 04:05:56 pm »
Hi Romulus,

4. reboot

That's it!

Hello ArchiMax,

Rimolus703x
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150490\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Hello ArchiMax,
I´m not sure hoe you have done an update to your Zaurus, but your procedure is ot working for my SL-C3200.

1.) I installed PdaXrom Beta 3 on it and it is working fine.
2.) Download of all  requested files from Meanies Homepage (updater.sh (v0.23), updater-tools.bin, ... from the 5.2 alpha testpage). I hope this was correct.
3.) Followed by step A, B, C and D like you described above.
4.) Finally the Zaurus was starting to reboot, but after some minutes he stopped for some seconds and than I got a scrolling window with a lot of messages and it was stopped after 10 ... 15 minutes with a short message "Kernel panic".

It means for me something went wrong. Are there maybe different versions available for updater.sh (v0.23) and updater-tools.bin? Somewhere in the threats I have seen also, that some users renamed the old zimage.bin from PdaXrom Beta 3 into zImage-2.4.20.bin to use it as a replacement for Meanies file.

Also Meanies homepage gave no solution where he mentioned, to do the recommented partition first.

After installation of PdaXrom Beta 3 should I do a recommented repartition first or not???

Maybe there is somebody with an idea to do it and of course with a long long detailled
description.

Thanks for your understanding. Maybe Meanie should implement for all Zaurus models a detailled description to installed his OS.

Best regards,
Romulus703x

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pdaxii13 On The Sl-c3200
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2007, 04:26:50 pm »
Hi Romulus,

Hmmm....

Yes, there are different versions of the 'updater.sh' file...if you re-read my earlier posts on this thread, you will see that I had the same problem as you the first time I tried to install....I think it was Meanie that said to use an earlier version of 'updater.sh' (I thought it was v0.23, but not 100% sure right now...).

As I recall, I think the first time that I installed pdaXrom B3 I did the repartition (I might have said on one of my earlier posts here...) before trying to install pdaXii13.

Then I installed pdaXii13 per my steps (which came from Meanie's recommendations on this thread...) that I described to you...worked well for me...

Might be good for you to go back and read through my earlier posts on this thread to reconstruct what I did along with Meanie's help (read his posts that responded to my posts...).

You should be able to get this working....just take it step at a time....

HTH,

Mark

Hello ArchiMax,

1.) I installed PdaXrom Beta 3 on it and it is working fine.
2.) Download of all  requested files from Meanies Homepage (updater.sh (v0.23), updater-tools.bin, ... from the 5.2 alpha testpage). I hope this was correct.
3.) Followed by step A, B, C and D like you described above.

Also Meanies homepage gave no solution where he mentioned, to do the recommented partition first.

After installation of PdaXrom Beta 3 should I do a recommented repartition first or not???

description.

Best regards,
Romulus703x
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=150858\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
MacBookPro

Ling

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On The Sl-c3200
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2007, 08:25:36 pm »
A couple of questions:

1) Is there anything not working w/ pdaXii13 on the 3200?
2) Anyone have a good suggested partitioning scheme?
3) Once you have installed, what feeds can/should you pull more apps from? Only Meanies? Continue to pull from the beta1/beta3/contrib feeds?

I am about ready to jump, just don't want to leave my current config if something I need is missing.
SL-C3200 w/ pdaXii13 5.3
SL-C860 w/ OZ GPE 3.4.1
Accessories: 4GB Microdrive, 4GB Transcend SD, Linksys WFC12 CF 802.11b, Ambicom CF Modem, Socket Bluetooth

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pdaxii13 On The Sl-c3200
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2007, 10:18:40 pm »
Ling,

1) So far everything seems to be working OK for me...

2) I just selected the 'use recommended partition scheme' during install...

3) Not sure about feeds, so far I've used the feeds that are already listed in the package manager app....

HTH,

Mark

A couple of questions:

1) Is there anything not working w/ pdaXii13 on the 3200?
2) Anyone have a good suggested partitioning scheme?
3) Once you have installed, what feeds can/should you pull more apps from? Only Meanies? Continue to pull from the beta1/beta3/contrib feeds?

I am about ready to jump, just don't want to leave my current config if something I need is missing.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=151027\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
MacBookPro

Ling

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On The Sl-c3200
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2007, 10:38:34 pm »
Sounds good to me. Thanks.
SL-C3200 w/ pdaXii13 5.3
SL-C860 w/ OZ GPE 3.4.1

Ling

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On The Sl-c3200
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2007, 09:50:32 am »
Mark,

I am getting ready to do this today. Since no solution has been posted for the usb storage problem with rc121, I am going to go ahead with pdaXii13. I am going through your instructions trying to place them in sequence. Did you actually install the kernel and bootloader a total of three (3) times? It looks like it (2A, C, and 3). What did the default partitioning scheme give you? Just want to make sure I am taking advantage of the 6GB MD as opposed to an partitioning scheme for 4GB. Might as well have a bit more ext2/3 for program installation. I am actually wondering if I need any FAT as most of my boxes (the one I am typing on now) are linux. Don't mean to be a pest and appreciate your feedback.
SL-C3200 w/ pdaXii13 5.3
SL-C860 w/ OZ GPE 3.4.1