Author Topic: Pdaxii13v2  (Read 65661 times)

Jon_J

• View Profile
    • http://
Pdaxii13v2
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2007, 07:16:51 pm »
I had to reboot after it froze up when I tried to connect again, when I rebooted, X won't start now.
How can I finish the upgrade outside of X ??

EDIT: Reflashing...
I think I'll stay with pdaxii13-5.4.9 for now.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 07:25:35 pm by Jon_J »
C3100 Multiboot-->Angstrom 2007.12-r18 | Cacko 1.23 | ArchLinuxARM
C3200 pdaxii13v2-5.5-alpha4 Akita on NAND

Ambicom WL1100C-CF Wifi - Ambicom CF modem - Ambicom CF GPS - Belkin-F5D5050 USB LAN
Socket CF Bluetooth rev K - Iogear 4 port USB micro hub - pocket CF card reader
Targus mini USB optical mouse - 2 Targus SD card readers

Meanie

• View Profile
    • http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/
Pdaxii13v2
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2007, 08:07:29 pm »
Quote from: Jon_J
I've two questions.
1. If I upgrade from pdaxii13-5.4.9 to pdaxii13v2, over my internet connection, will I lose my settings I have made to these files?
/etc/pcmcia/config
/etc/pcmcia/herms.conf
/etc/pcmcia/hostap_cs.conf
/etc/pcmcia/network.opts

2. I have pdaxii13-5.4.9 sally installed to NAND (I only have one thing installed on the hard drive, firefox)
Do all these updates install to NAND only? I have 51 MB remaining on my NAND

Thank you,
Jon

The /etc/pcmcia/* files will most likely be clobbered up so you are advised to back them up and restore your files after the upgrade. This is just the way how ipkg upgrade works, ie it removes the entire package and installs the new package...

No idea how upgrade behaves in this case. I would assume it will install to the same location that the original package was in but i don't know.
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~wyso/myZaurus - zBook3K

Meanie

• View Profile
Pdaxii13v2
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2007, 08:08:58 pm »
I had to reboot after it froze up when I tried to connect again, when I rebooted, X won't start now.

you could had just run ipkg upgrade
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)

Jon_J

• View Profile
Pdaxii13v2
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2007, 09:28:53 pm »
Quote from: Meanie

Thank you for the info. I wouldn't have been able to figure out how to get connected without X running.
Anyway, I have reinstalled and upgraded and have my first openbox desktop showing.
(I installed pdaxiiv2-upgrade_4.4.0-alpha2_armv5tel.ipk)
The console says I have this version now.
pdaxii13v2 build 5.5.0-alpha1 "sally" - Linux 2.4.20 for SHARP Terrier (XScale-PXA270)

There must be an error in the text, I'm sure I installed alpha2

EDIT
I also have the PNG problem with icons and wallpaper in Rox. There was mention of libpng and libcairo having conflicts on previous posts in this thread. Is there a different version of libpng that would resolve this?
When I type rox in a terminal, I get this.
Code: [Select]
/use/apps/ROX-Filer/ROX-Filer: /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)I have rox_2.5 installed. (I'm going to try rox 2.6.1 from kkazakov13's feed)
rox 2.6.1 made no difference in the icon/wallpaper png issue.

EDIT 2
When everything updated/installed I had 19 MB left on my NAND, so I uninstalled some things that I don't use and now have 30 MB on NAND.
I uninstalled these packages:
gthumb
links browser (I tried it in the past & didn't like it)
xpdf (was from previous version, since epdfview is less than half the size of xpdf)
libffmpg (I doubt I'll watch movies on this zaurus, I may install this later)
pidgin (I don't use chat clients)
there may be one or 2 more that I removed, but the only library I removed was libffmpg.
Thanks again,
Jon
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 10:36:30 pm by Jon_J »

Ambicom WL1100C-CF Wifi - Ambicom CF modem - Ambicom CF GPS - Belkin-F5D5050 USB LAN

Meanie

• View Profile
Pdaxii13v2
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2007, 10:51:39 pm »

Thank you for the info. I wouldn't have been able to figure out how to get connected without X running.
Anyway, I have reinstalled and upgraded and have my first openbox desktop showing.
pdaxii13v2 build 5.5.0-alpha1 "sally" - Linux 2.4.20 for SHARP Terrier (XScale-PXA270)

EDIT
I also have the PNG problem with icons and wallpaper in Rox. There was mention of libpng and libcairo having conflicts on previous posts in this thread. Is there a different version of libpng that would resolve this?
/use/apps/ROX-Filer/ROX-Filer: /usr/lib/libpng12.so.0: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)I have rox_2.5 installed. (I'm going to try rox 2.6.1 from kkazakov13's feed)

EDIT 2
When everything updated/installed I had 19 MB left on my NAND, so I uninstalled some things that I don't use and now have 30 MB on NAND.
gthumb
xpdf (was from previous version, since epdfview is less than half the size of xpdf)
there may be one or 2 more that I removed, but the only library I removed was libffmpg.
Thanks again,
Jon

rox is on the ignored list and should not be upgraded

libpng should have:

libpng12.so
libpng12.so.0
libpng12.so.0.12.0
libpng.so
libpng.so.3
libpng.so.3.12.0

libcairo should have:
libcairo.so
libcairo.so.2
libcairo.so.2.11.2
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 10:55:28 pm by Meanie »

Jon_J

• View Profile
Pdaxii13v2
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2007, 11:33:16 pm »

EDIT

EDIT 2
gthumb
Thanks again,
Jon

rox is on the ignored list and should not be upgraded

libpng should have:

libpng12.so
libpng12.so.0
libpng12.so.0.12.0
libpng.so
libpng.so.3
libpng.so.3.12.0

libcairo should have:
libcairo.so
libcairo.so.2
libcairo.so.2.11.2
I had the correct version of cairo installed and mine matched the above.
I had libpng 1.2.5 installed and these didn't match. I uninstalled 1.2.5 and found libpng_1.2.12_armv5tel.ipk on kkazakov13's feed.
Once installed they matched as listed above.
I also went back to rox 2.5
I launched rox in a console and got no errors, but the icons and wallpaper still don't work as before.
(gray background and question mark icons) I tried dragging my wallpaper into rox backdrop and got this message.
"Couldn't recognize the image file format. Backdrop removed."

EDIT
I switched back to openbox. (Still in pdaxii13v2) The cards app still only has little white boxes with red 'X's in them and they don't change when you dismount a card. (It does show that it is "empty" if no card is mounted)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 12:11:38 pm by Jon_J »

Jon_J

• View Profile
Pdaxii13v2
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2007, 12:12:35 pm »
NOTE this is for pdaxii13v2
I attached a screencap showing the rox desktop and the cards applet open on the taskbar.
Screencap makes *.png captures when the necessary files are installed, but GQview cannot show *.png images, it just shows a "broken" icon for my screencap I attached here.
Also, GQview doesn't show any *.png files in it's file browser. I'm in /usr/share/pixmaps/ and there are only two *.xpm files and one *.svg file showing in GQview's file browser.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 02:47:08 pm by Jon_J »

Jon_J

• View Profile
Pdaxii13v2
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2007, 03:44:46 pm »
I browsed kkazakov13's feed to see if I had any files that needed updated, that weren't caught in the upgrade process and found these 4 files needed updating.
I checked with the latest "ignored" list and none of these were on it, so I updated these 4 libraries:
glib2_2.14.0_armv5tel.ipk
libgphoto2_2.4.0_armv5tel.ipk
pango_1.18.1_armv5tel.ipk
poppler_0.5.4-1_armv5tel.ipk

When I rebooted, my fonts on the desktop and in GQview are all square boxes.
All the filenames in rox filer are square boxes also.
I'm not sure which one is causing this, but I'll go through them one-by-one and install the previous version.
I'll report back after I uninstall/reinstall prior versions and find the "culprit" that is causing these square boxes to replace my fonts.
EDIT
I found it was pango that was causing my problems, I uninstalled the newer version above and re-installed pango_1.10.0_armv5tel.ipk

I still have the *.png problem with icons, etc..
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 04:05:08 pm by Jon_J »

deniscallies

• View Profile
Pdaxii13v2
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2007, 04:23:53 am »
Hello,

after upgrading my C-1000 recognises no CF anymore. First i thought it is only a WLAN issue
then i tried a CF Card with my files and nothing happens. If i try a cardctl ident it segfaults...
do i have to reinstall the whole system ?  

thanks, Denis

Jon_J

• View Profile
Pdaxii13v2
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2007, 05:20:54 pm »
NOTE this is for pdaxii13v2
I attached a screencap showing the rox desktop and the cards applet open on the taskbar.
Screencap makes *.png captures when the necessary files are installed, but GQview cannot show *.png images, it just shows a "broken" icon for my screencap I attached here.
Also, GQview doesn't show any *.png files in it's file browser. I'm in /usr/share/pixmaps/ and there are only two *.xpm files and one *.svg file showing in GQview's file browser.
I found the solution to my problem with *.png images not rendering in Rox and icons/wallpaper etc !
I was checking gqview preferences and under "Filtering" I found that *.png (Portable Network Graphics) selection was unchecked.
I placed an 'X' in the selection and all my icons and wallpaper now work!!  
I wonder how this selection got de-selected in the first place?
May be when I uninstalled older version of libpng and installed newer version.
WOW! I'm happy now!  all my folders show and the mounted folders are indicated.
The Cards applet on the taskbar is also back to normal.
I didn't know gqview had that much control over the GUI in rox and pdaxii13. hmmm. (I'm writing this down for later reference).
I attached 2 screenshots, one of gqview (where above setting is located) and my desktop showing mounted directories and the Cards applet.
I hope these attachments don't disappear like several of mine have in the last 2-3 weeks.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 05:42:26 pm by Jon_J »

adf

• View Profile
Pdaxii13v2
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2007, 04:12:14 am »
Mpkayer via Quasar media player, when playing zoomed makes the icewm panel vanish. I have no further info yet; just thought I'd mention it as quasar is a sweet gui and will probably see heavy use.
**3100 Zubuntu Jaunty,(working on Cacko dualboot), 16G A-Data internal CF, 4G SD, Ambicom WL-1100C Cf, linksys usb ethernet,  BelkinF8T020 BT card, Belkin F8U1500-E Ir kbd, mini targus usb mouse, rechargeble AC/DC powered USB hub, psp cables and battery extenders.

**6000l  Tetsuized Sharprom, installed on internal flash only 1G sd, 2G cf

Jon_J

• View Profile
Pdaxii13v2
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2007, 09:57:46 pm »
Just upgraded with pdaxiiv2-upgrade_4.4.0-alpha3_armv5tel.ipk and did ipkg update and ipkg upgrade.
I decided to install gthumb on my hard drive, so I uninstalled it from flash and downloaded and installed it to /mnt/ide/
When launching it, it gives error about missing libltdl.so.3
I searched the forums and found that this library is contained in libtool. Where can I find libtool so I can get this library?
I also searched the forum for libltdl, and only found one old attachment that is now gone.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 11:08:39 pm by Jon_J »

climber

• View Profile
Pdaxii13v2
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2007, 06:36:01 am »

Jon_J

• View Profile
Pdaxii13v2
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2007, 11:15:22 am »
Quote from: climber
Take a look in here:

http://z.drun.net/packages/libtool_1.5.22_armv5tel.ipk

climber
Thank you climber, I extracted all the libltdl.so.x files from libtool and placed them in /usr/lib/ and gthumb worked.

scheck.r

• View Profile
Pdaxii13v2
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2007, 12:37:51 pm »
why not installing the package the usual way like this;
- 1st way: in a terminal
wget http://z.drun.net/packages/libtool_1.5.22_armv5tel.ipk
ipkg install /path_to_the_downloaded_package_file/libtool_1.5.22_arm5vtel.ipk
- 2nd way:
wget http://z.drun.net/packages/libtool_1.5.22_armv5tel.ipkopen the package manager, click on first icon on the top left corner and find your package in the open file dialog
- 3rd way:
open the package manager and go to settings
add
kazakov13 http://z.drun.net/packages
to the feeds
click on the update icon
go to available packages and install what you want
SL-C1000 from PriceJapan(cheap and very fast shipping) with EA-70 power adapter, iRiver USB Host cable, PDAIR case, pentopia stylus, ultra clear screen-protector from shop.brando.com.hk only $3 for shipping worldwide
4GB Hitachi Microdrive, 1GB Kingston Elite Pro CF, 4GB Transcend 150x SD, Symbol Spectrum 4137 CF WiFi(low power)
PdaXrom pdaxii13 5.4.9 updated with Kkazakov13's feed. I owned a SL-6000L before