Author Topic: Shipping Costs?  (Read 3920 times)

jakfish

• View Profile
Shipping Costs?
« on: July 29, 2019, 09:21:26 am »
Last night, I almost pulled the trigger on a Cosmo, but was startled to see a $50USD shipping charge. Did early backers get charged the same?

Thanks,
Jake

maki.jouni

• View Profile
Shipping Costs?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 09:37:40 am »
Quote from: jakfish
Last night, I almost pulled the trigger on a Cosmo, but was startled to see a $50USD shipping charge. Did early backers get charged the same?

Thanks,
Jake

That depends little bit your location. On Finland that was something like that on December 2018.
Cosmo Communicator (Fin/Swe), Mix2, Sony Xperia XZ & Z3, Nokia N900, Nokia PARSA, HTC Touch Pro, Qtek 9100, Nokia 6600 & 6210 & 2110, Mobira Talkman

jakfish

• View Profile
Shipping Costs?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 09:43:23 am »
Thank you for the quick reply. To be certain. then--there's always been a shipping charge of some sort?

Jake

gymbo

• View Profile
Shipping Costs?
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 02:52:54 pm »
Quote from: jakfish
Thank you for the quick reply. To be certain. then--there's always been a shipping charge of some sort?

Jake
For me, the shipping was 70 USD (outside EU) in December 2018. So I really assume they always had shipping charge in addition to the device itself...

(And since I'm outside EU i will get VAT added at delivery as well...)

jakfish

• View Profile
Shipping Costs?
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 03:51:23 pm »
Ouch. Thanks for explaining the shipping to me. If I remember correctly, there was no shipping charge for the Gemini.

I could use a little advice about the date of shipping. I've followed the updates and it doesn't seem as if PC will be able to ship until September, at the earliest.

I'm going to be traveling for 10 days starting at the end of October. There won't be anybody to sign for my Cosmo if it came at the end of October/beginning of November.

Should I wait to buy, wait until I return in November?

Jake

mithrandir

• View Profile
    • http://www.mygnu.de
Shipping Costs?
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 04:21:46 pm »
Answers in short:

Early backers also had this shipping charge (at least for shipping to Germany). There also has been this charge for the Gemini.

Ordering late may cause issues (taxes) if you live inside the EU, because of the possible Brexit. If you live outside this doesn't matter. Then you might make a bargain because of the Pound possibly going down. If you want to have it early, isn't there a different address you could have it shipped to? Maybe work, family or friends?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 04:29:37 pm by mithrandir »

jakfish

• View Profile
Shipping Costs?
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 04:41:10 pm »
Thanks, once more, for the fast responses. I should've said right off that I'm in the US, so taxes wouldn't be a problem. Not yet, at least, though you never know with our current Presidential administration...

Shipping to a friend is a good idea, but s/he may be at work when delivery arrives. I'm just not certain how to go about this.

The irony is, I'll be in London   I should have it shipped to PC and pick it up there.

mithrandir, if you had to guess, when do you think your Cosmo will ship?

Jake

jakfish

• View Profile
Shipping Costs?
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 04:08:26 pm »
All right, I'm in. Paid my money and I'm sending the Cosmo to my parents' house and praying they hear the doorbell.

Jake