Author Topic: Poor battery life  (Read 24588 times)

alien2003

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2020, 06:57:56 am »
For me it's not NFC related.

What I found, ccmni_md1 kernel wakelock nad PhoneWindowManager.mPowerKeyWakeLock partial wakelock keep the device awake most of the time...

FIXED! Dear members, I found the solution! After unplugging charger just open the device and press Fn+Esc twice! That's a bug with looping power button!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 08:10:39 am by alien2003 »

wapsi

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2020, 02:08:34 am »
Quote from: alien2003

What I found, ccmni_md1 kernel wakelock nad PhoneWindowManager.mPowerKeyWakeLock partial wakelock keep the device awake most of the time...

FIXED! Dear members, I found the solution! After unplugging charger just open the device and press Fn+Esc twice! That's a bug with looping power button!

Do you mean your device is going to deep sleep now (CPU freq: 0)? Using GSam Battery Monitor you should be able to verify this.

I tried your solution but my Cosmo still isn't deep sleeping / suspending properly (CPU freq: 0), there's always 'AmoledisonThread' keeping PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK which (AFAIK) prevents the device to suspend (can be checked by using command: "dumpsys power").

Zarhan

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2020, 12:14:07 pm »
Quote from: wapsi
I tried your solution but my Cosmo still isn't deep sleeping / suspending properly (CPU freq: 0), there's always 'AmoledisonThread' keeping PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK which (AFAIK) prevents the device to suspend (can be checked by using command: "dumpsys power").

I can see this too. I tried killing that process but it's just respawned right away. I reported this via Planet support form (although it's probably a duplicate).

alien2003

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2020, 05:16:17 pm »
Quote from: alien2003

Do you mean your device is going to deep sleep now (CPU freq: 0)? Using GSam Battery Monitor you should be able to verify this.

I checked once again, I have the same problem. It drains battery a bit lower but still drains. Cosmo never goes to sleep

spook

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2020, 12:42:32 am »
From the name of the process - AmoledisonThread - I'm guessing what others have already assumed. Form some reason the communication with the CoDi needs the device to stay awake. So I'm guessing that PC have set this process to keep the device awake and respawn if stopped. Even if the CoDi is switched off, the process stays running. Maybe in a future firmware update, PC will tweak it so that - if you turn off the CoDi - the process is killed. That would at least give more battery life to those who don't need CoDi on.

irukandji

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2020, 05:28:19 am »

You might be into something, yesterday my flash of external display failed and it was "dead". The battery took forever, a few percent in whole day but with airplane and do not disturb mode. Then I have succeeded flashing it, and it is vanishing rapidly again.

If someone has rooten phone (mine is not yet, but i do know the app quite well from my sg7), he can try reduce / block wake locks using this:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/mod...elocks-t2853874

To prove the concept then mail it to developers.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 05:34:11 am by irukandji »

Zarhan

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2020, 11:30:14 am »
Quote from: irukandji
If someone has rooten phone (mine is not yet, but i do know the app quite well from my sg7), he can try reduce / block wake locks using this:

Github shows that there has been no updates to that code for 4-6 years. Is there a more maintained solution?

irukandji

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2020, 01:33:07 am »
Quote from: Zarhan

Github shows that there has been no updates to that code for 4-6 years. Is there a more maintained solution?

Yeah I have noticed, it fits for me on lineage, but try it might still work.

wapsi

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2020, 02:08:17 am »

To prove the concept then mail it to developers.

This was my idea as well and I even tried WakeBlock instead of this (since it's actively developed and supported). But AFAIK the Amplify has the same "weakness" than WakeBlock has: It's unable to list or block kernel level wakelocks. And I think AmoledisonThread is holding that kind of lock because it's not shown in WakeBlock.

Zarhan

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2020, 02:41:04 am »
This was my idea as well and I even tried WakeBlock instead of this (since it's actively developed and supported). But AFAIK the Amplify has the same "weakness" than WakeBlock has: It's unable to list or block kernel level wakelocks. And I think AmoledisonThread is holding that kind of lock because it's not shown in WakeBlock.

Someone noticed that after CoDi had become a (temporary?) brick after a failed FW update, the wakelock was gone.

Has anyone checked if the shutdown of the CoDi helps here?

Someone also mentioned that the fingerprint sensor LEDs stay on all the time. However, I have noticed that they have

- Double blue: Device unlocked
- Double red: Device locked

Anyway, after a while (5 mins?) of "double red", Codi turns off completely and the LEDs also turn off. I don't have the device on hand right now but I think it should be checked whether the wakelock is still there when the cover display & leds are totally off..

wapsi

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2020, 03:01:54 am »
Quote from: Zarhan
1. Someone noticed that after CoDi had become a (temporary?) brick after a failed FW update, the wakelock was gone.

2. Has anyone checked if the shutdown of the CoDi helps here?

3 .Someone also mentioned that the fingerprint sensor LEDs stay on all the time. However, I have noticed that they have

- Double blue: Device unlocked
- Double red: Device locked

4. Anyway, after a while (5 mins?) of "double red", Codi turns off completely and the LEDs also turn off. I don't have the device on hand right now but I think it should be checked whether the wakelock is still there when the cover display & leds are totally off..

1. Yes, most probably because then the CoDi is completely shutdown / dead.
2. Yes, it doesn't help. The AmoledisonThread wakelock is still present even CoDi is not used / turned off.
3. Yes, but sometimes those lights will remain on (without any reason) even CoDi display turns off / blanks. This is a bug because restart of CoDi or sometimes opening the cover usually fixes it.
4. Yes, I've double checked this multiple times. I haven't found any case or scenario where the AmoledisonThread is gone and Cosmo enters deep sleep (CPU freq: 0) properly. Only what I've heard that if the CoDi is totally dead / bricked: then AmoledisonThread is not present (maybe because it's unable to communicate with the CoDi at that state and it turns off itself?).

mithrandir

• View Profile
    • http://www.mygnu.de
Poor battery life
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2020, 02:21:48 pm »
What about just disabling the Amoledison app. Should solve the problem and it is not useful anyways.

spook

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2020, 08:08:11 pm »
Quote from: mithrandir
What about just disabling the Amoledison app. Should solve the problem and it is not useful anyways.

I may be wrong, but I believe that - since it is a system app - you can only disable it with root. Also I'm guessing that disabling it will stop the CoDi from working (this may or may not be an issue for you).

Also - I'm guessing again - but due to the way the CoDi operates it may be that this app needs to keep the device awake. So the best we might be able to hope for is that PC make a change in a future update that allows this app to be disabled by the system if you turn off the CoDi.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 08:08:57 pm by spook »

PNuT

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2020, 10:10:48 pm »
I deleted that app ages ago, no change to anything!

LinuxGuy

• View Profile
Poor battery life
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2020, 12:24:18 pm »
Hi Mitchelln

Quote from: mitchelln
Is anyone else experiencing really poor battery life?
I can watch the battery percentage literally dropping as I'm using it.
For me, battery llife is still an issue.

I switch "energy saving" on a soon as possible, BT, Location normally off. Frequent closing of unneeded apps (is there a way to simplify this?).
I need the CODI, but while carrying the phone in my trouser-pocket, random contacts with the touchscreen lead to things like BT
-switch on or at least random unlock-trials, waking the screen up.

Still, it remains unreliable, whether I get through a normal day or not.

So, might this app help: https://f-droid.org/de/packages/com.suyashsrijan.forcedoze/ ?

Thanks for your advice!