Author Topic: Update available - v20 - 26th March 2020  (Read 12626 times)

novaldex

• View Profile
Update available - v20 - 26th March 2020
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2020, 09:03:36 am »
Quote from: Zarhan
Frankly, to me this sounds like a hardware problem. Maybe the earpiece is broken.

Maybe you can test with something rudimentary, like playing media via the handset.

I had it before during the v20 upgrade, my CoDi was behind (v12) and once that was updated to v13 it worked again.

I would also hope that turning it the other way up would allow me to hear as well. People can hear me on the other end they say.

It's okay, I shall take your advice and see what testing I can do, I know it is making sounds (it's effectively as out of the box just now), but i'll keep looking. If it is a hardware problem.. well..

Zarhan

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2020, 10:33:43 am »
Quote from: novaldex
I had it before during the v20 upgrade, my CoDi was behind (v12) and once that was updated to v13 it worked again.

That's interesting. I always thought that the CoDI controlled the, well, the AMOLED display and the LEDs, but the handset (mic+speaker) was handled by the native Android. Clearly there's *some* relevance.

novaldex

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2020, 01:11:53 pm »
Quote from: Zarhan
That's interesting. I always thought that the CoDI controlled the, well, the AMOLED display and the LEDs, but the handset (mic+speaker) was handled by the native Android. Clearly there's *some* relevance.

As people have reported as hearing me, perhaps the mic's are still part of the main unit. But with the earpiece (as opposed to the speakers) not producing sound, there may be some relevance. I don't know if it's actually part of CoDi, or if it's just used as some sort of conduit, but it is interesting.

Just to note, I had a 'phone call' in the normal way, but the output set to speakerphone and that seemed to work. Albeit a touch noisy with background. I did have to turn it down a lot to stop myself becoming deaf mind. Workable in an emergency, but not permanently.

novaldex

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2020, 12:50:51 pm »
Managed to downgrade to v19, still on v13 CoDi, and still no sound.

Haven't been successful in playing other audio through the earpiece yet either. Always sounds like it's coming through the main speakers instead

novaldex

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2020, 10:59:48 am »
Support ticket raised

novaldex

• View Profile
Re: Update available - v20 - 26th March 2020
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2020, 10:53:57 am »
Not trying to resurrect an old thread, but just to give an update.

Planet seem to be taking devices back for repair now. Both my Cosmo (earpiece issues as above) and Gemini (hinge!) are on their way back. Had to dust off my old Z5C to serve as my main device temporarily. Don't know what I plan to do once I get these back, become rather disappointed overall

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2020, 11:14:06 am »
Not trying to resurrect an old thread, but just to give an update.

Planet seem to be taking devices back for repair now. Both my Cosmo (earpiece issues as above) and Gemini (hinge!) are on their way back. Had to dust off my old Z5C to serve as my main device temporarily. Don't know what I plan to do once I get these back, become rather disappointed overall
That's at least some good news, I hope you'll have your devices back soon.

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

novaldex

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2020, 07:59:07 am »
Oh dear, looks like the same issue has happened again. Been working fine since I got the repaired Cosmo back, but yesterday noticed I couldn't hear calls except on speakerphone.

Not trying anything more than reboots at present, if I have to go as far as factory resets I can see me switching to another device permanently. As much as I like the keyboard (despite it's quirks), the rest of the device does let the side down a bit.