Author Topic: Red State  (Read 4710 times)

art3m1sph03n1x

• View Profile
Red State
« on: December 20, 2021, 06:50:56 am »
Hi I tried to reset my Cosmo and now it is stuck in red state. Does anyone know how to get out of the red state?

Varti

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Red State
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 05:07:38 am »
What do you mean by red state? Are the two LEDs on the cover turned on and red?

Varti
Planet Gemini PDA WiFi/LTE with Mediatek x27
SL-C1000 running Arch Linux ARM May2017, K30225 Wi-Fi CF Card, 64GB SDXC card
and many other Zauruses!

art3m1sph03n1x

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 08:05:11 pm »
This is what it says

Zarhan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2021, 07:35:38 am »
This is what it says

This means that the image on flash is not signed. So you must have reset to some non-planet image (e.g. one that has been rooted using the instructions on this forum).

In my opinion, you have two options:

Unlock the phone so it boots regardless of signing (using fastboot tool)
Or
Re-flash the phone with a signed image

soCket23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2021, 11:07:23 pm »
So any advice on how to stop the boot loop so that you can do this. I’m getting this exact same thing in a boot loop. I have TWRP installed routed android and Gemian but I can’t get to any screens to do anything. And I didn’t do anything major to get to this point all I did was uninstall busybox. And then decide I wanted to start from scratch with all my software so I did and erase all content in android, So that I could start from scratch I don’t understand what happened here it shouldn’t have had this severe of a reaction.

soCket23

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2021, 11:10:55 pm »
How do you suggest going about this process do you think that this would help my boot loop??? I just sent this damn thing in the mail to planet computers in London.. it got lost for eight months in the mail. Then I still had to pay for it to be flashed for 100 bucks.

What would be a Hardwear option like planet computer uses in order to directly flash like they do in the factory? Is there a piece of equipment out there that would allow me direct control over these devices for flashing?

This is what it says

This means that the image on flash is not signed. So you must have reset to some non-planet image (e.g. one that has been rooted using the instructions on this forum).

In my opinion, you have two options:

Unlock the phone so it boots regardless of signing (using fastboot tool)
Or
Re-flash the phone with a signed image

soCket23

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 01:04:21 am »
I’d also like to add then I have by sheer luck used a tool to create a scatter file based on my Cosmo. So if there’s a way I can stop this boot loop I can probably flash the scatter file and take it back to normal

Zarhan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 03:48:24 am »
How do you suggest going about this process do you think that this would help my boot loop??? I just sent this damn thing in the mail to planet computers in London.. it got lost for eight months in the mail. Then I still had to pay for it to be flashed for 100 bucks.

Plug the Cosmo to PC, and issue 'fastbood flashing unlock'. There should window when the system is still in bootloader stage to accept the command.

Result should be that instead of Red state, the Cosmo should be in Orange state, essentially "image in unverified, but I'll boot off it anyway".

Or just try if the thread here https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?topic=35879.0 helps in any way, e.g. using sp_flashtool to just flash the entire image. Just be careful not to overwrite device-specific stuff like IMEI numbers (so take backup first).

soCket23

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2021, 05:35:25 am »
I guess I’ll have to be fast then, Because basically it reboots every like 15 seconds. I’m just hoping that can actually get a read on the device to get the command off. I’m going to try this because it would be better if it worked. And give me the room to do more maneuvering without trying some thing like flashing it all the way

I took a scatterfile using WWR MTK. Is that what you mean by back up. I mean I have all the images saved and I have a boot card to install the different OSs.

soCket23

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2021, 06:42:07 am »

Plug the Cosmo to PC, and issue 'fastbood flashing unlock'. There should window when the system is still in bootloader stage to accept the command.

Result should be that instead of Red state, the Cosmo should be in Orange state, essentially "image in unverified, but I'll boot off it anyway".

Or just try if the thread here https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?topic=35879.0 helps in any way, e.g. using sp_flashtool to just flash the entire image. Just be careful not to overwrite device-specific stuff like IMEI numbers (so take backup first).

Subtle I do have a couple of MTK tools, spflash, WWR, MTK flash & Droid root & tools. I’m a little out of my depth. This is the first time I’ve gotten myself to this level and found these type of tools that can be effective.

I did use SP to run a memory test and that stopped my boot loop but just shut off the device. And I’ve tried using various boot key combinations to get anywhere outside of the boot loop and it doesn’t work. So I can’t issue the Facebook command because I can’t do it the phone to sit still to be seen. But apparently I’m not 100% out of options otherwise the memory test wouldn’t have stopped the loop. I’m not really sure where to go from here because I’ve never use this type of software for flashing. Ideas?

Zarhan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2021, 08:37:45 am »
I had forgotten, but to get to fastboot mode you need to press power + volume up.

On cosmo, hold down ESC (power) key and the rocker switch (yes, it's a bit hard combo). You'll get to fastboot prompt eventually. *Then* you can use the unlock commands.

spa

• View Profile
    • ssipa's Tips & Freeware for Full Key Board Device
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2021, 09:52:28 am »