Author Topic: Debian with Xqt  (Read 97640 times)

smuelas

• View Profile
Debian with Xqt
« Reply #255 on: January 25, 2006, 06:57:57 am »
Hello all,

I think I have a problem with X/Qt. I installed all as smuelas suggested, but the Start X button just starts and finishes without starting rxvt. Has anyone some tips?

Yours, Peter
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111980\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Review your " .xinitrc "  file.
smuelas
Zaurus SL-6000  --  Microdrive Hitachi 6Gb placed permanently on CF slot.

callas11

• View Profile
Debian with Xqt
« Reply #256 on: January 26, 2006, 08:10:50 am »
Hello all,

I think I have a problem with X/Qt. I installed all as smuelas suggested, but the Start X button just starts and finishes without starting rxvt. Has anyone some tips?

Yours, Peter
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=111980\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
Review your " .xinitrc "  file.
smuelas
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112302\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

my .xinitrc:

#!/bin/sh
export LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
export DISPLAY=0:0

#default: use anthy
export XMODIFIERS=@im=uim-anthy

#start uim-xom
if [ -x /opt/QtPalmtop/bin/uim-xim ]; then
    exec /opt/QtPalmtop/bin/uim-xim &
fi

rxvt

#blackbox
icewm

if I start sh .xinitrc
then:

rxvt: can't open display 0:0
icewm: not found

i did install the latest X/Qt and sharp-debian-big 018 on Zaurus Sl-6000 L

any hints?

yours, peter
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 08:20:32 am by callas11 »

smuelas

• View Profile
Debian with Xqt
« Reply #257 on: January 26, 2006, 01:36:00 pm »
Hi Peter,

I'm afraid that my help is going to be quite limited, as for a few months I don't use anymore Debian with Xqt but have changed to pdaXrom. More unstable but quicker.
What I can say about "  .xinitrc  " is that I used the one created when installing Xqt. I made just a couple of changes that are explained in the page that I made to show some items related with Debian/Xqt.
I am sure that I commented "  blackbox  " but also I am sure that I didn't try to launch icewm from this file. If you think in the process, the only interest of your "  .xinitrc  " file is to be able to launch Xqt with just one console where you can write. And the first thing that you do in the console is to call "  chroot  ", so your original home is lost.
What you want is to launch a window manager from Debian, so, after chroot.
Try to make your "  .xinitrc  " just small enough to launch the X's from Xqt and have a console. The jump to Debian is done afterwards from this console.

Good luck!!

smuelas
Zaurus SL-6000  --  Microdrive Hitachi 6Gb placed permanently on CF slot.