Author Topic: Cacko3k Feedback  (Read 212681 times)

steliosx

• View Profile
    • http://
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2005, 02:57:31 pm »
kahm! just a quick question since in one of these photos, namely http://www3.telus.net/~ranko/pdaarmy.JPG , I managed to find a D-Link DBT-120 USB Bluetooth Adapter ! I own one and im really satisfied with it, any chance you can check whether its working under cacko3k ?

would be so, so perfect if it worked!
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77174\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Nope. I didn't have an BT cards when I got the 3k, so the D-link was one of the first things I looked at. It doesn't work, and I seem to recall that it did something funny the the whole USB system when I tried.

I'll be looking into whether it can be made to work a little later. I've got a lot on my plate at the moment...
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77210\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

k, good luck with all the things you have on your plate and please let us know if you find out something this useful!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 03:00:07 pm by steliosx »

fastscirocco

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2005, 03:32:20 pm »
Wow,

Alot happened in here over the last 24 hours!
OK time to download! :-)

Thanks for all the hard work!

Chris

euroclie

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2005, 04:19:46 pm »
The beta1 install went smoothly, I'm proud to report that everything seems to work OK on my 3000 after the reflash and expansion. I first have to restore my data, and I'll start exploring/testing again!

[img]http://probbe.nerim.net/zaurus/pics/Cimg5599xs.jpg\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-image\" /]
Patrick

kahm

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2005, 05:55:28 pm »
Apache 3k

It's done! And better yet, it works on Sharp rom and Cacko. I haven't tested it specficially on 1.22, but it should work there as well.

/me runs to a corner and cries.

For the record, www is in /hdd2/www, instead of /hdd2/Applications/3000. Trying to put it under applications makes it a nightmare for apache's permissions. I could only get it to allow me to view webpages when the server was running under zaurus, which is a big security no-no. Hence, it goes in /hdd2.  

Here's another omission, Iamasmith, although I haven't loaded beta1 yet. The stock rom and cacko 1.22 both include some extra directories in the path that you're missing, such as /home/QtPalmtop/bin/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 09:08:37 pm by kahm »
Fujitsu U8240 "Stormtrooper" -  Zaurus Supplement
Libretto U100 | Sony Librie, Sony Reader
SL-C3100: Sharp 1.11JP (Kanji Dictionary/Translator) - LCD Top swap with C1000.
SL-C3000: pdaXii13 5.4.7, SL-C3000 5.4.9 - microdrive replaced with 8gb Sandisk
SL-C1000: PDAXRom Beta3 | SL-6000L: Sharp 1.12 | SL-5500: Cacko, 64-0 kernel | SL-5000D: OZ-Opie
Linksys WCF12; Sharp CE-AG06, CE-RH2, CE-170TS; iRiver USB OTG Host cable; Socket BT rev.E CF; Hitachi 6gb Microdrive

kahm

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2005, 09:12:48 pm »
Anyone know why Add/Remove would think a package depends on other software when it doesn't? The Control file doesn't have any dependencies listed.
SL-C1000: PDAXRom Beta3 | SL-6000L: Sharp 1.12 | SL-5500: Cacko, 64-0 kernel | SL-5000D: OZ-Opie
Linksys WCF12; Sharp CE-AG06, CE-RH2, CE-170TS; iRiver USB OTG Host cable; Socket BT rev.E CF; Hitachi 6gb Microdrive

kahm

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2005, 09:48:22 pm »
Well, I've got MySQL working to go with the Apache+Php package I posted, with 2 issues.
1) The ipkg comes up with a message about seeming to depend on other packages. It doesn't, but I'm not sure how to get rid of the message.

2) You get a "failed" message when you first start the mysql server, but it starts anyway. You have to kill the server (killall mysqld), then you can start and stop it with the normal mysqlstart and mysqlstop scripts normally. I don't know why yet.

I'm going to put it aside for a little while. If someone's desperate, speak up, and I'll put it online for you, but otherwise I'm going to fix it a little later.

kahm

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2005, 11:37:18 pm »
I've duplicated that qtopia crash on alpha1.

1) Clear the Z, throught the Okay menu 3,1
2) On boot go through the calibration.
3) I cancelled the personal info boxes, but I doubt that affects it.
4) I put in a CF card, navigated to it, and clicked on an ipk to install. (In this case the qtopia memory applet)
5) After it installs, I correctly eject the CF card.
6) Go to the settings tab, click on network, click on add.
7) I specified my SSID, used 128bit encryption, and left the other settings alone.
8) Insert CF Network card.
9) Click on connect.
10) Boom! Back to console countdown.

I tried it 4 or 5 times. It didn't happen when I tried installing opera off of the SD card, but every time installing the memory applet off of CF. I'm not sure if it is the program being installed, or something to do with the CF, etc. (I don't think it occurs after just inserting then ejecting the CF flash card - I had to install the applet first.)

But in any case, that 10 steps does it for me every time.

sriley

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2005, 12:59:27 pm »
Thumbs up, so far.  The beta is running well for me, the added network apps function correctly but I still haven't checked all the IPKs I added myself.

Andy (and everyone else working on this), excellent work!  Thanks!

iamasmith

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2005, 02:33:08 pm »
I've duplicated that qtopia crash on alpha1.

1) Clear the Z, throught the Okay menu 3,1
2) On boot go through the calibration.
3) I cancelled the personal info boxes, but I doubt that affects it.
4) I put in a CF card, navigated to it, and clicked on an ipk to install. (In this case the qtopia memory applet)
5) After it installs, I correctly eject the CF card.
6) Go to the settings tab, click on network, click on add.
7) I specified my SSID, used 128bit encryption, and left the other settings alone.
8) Insert CF Network card.
9) Click on connect.
10) Boom! Back to console countdown.

I tried it 4 or 5 times. It didn't happen when I tried installing opera off of the SD card, but every time installing the memory applet off of CF. I'm not sure if it is the program being installed, or something to do with the CF, etc. (I don't think it occurs after just inserting then ejecting the CF flash card - I had to install the applet first.)

But in any case, that 10 steps does it for me every time.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77294\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I don't suppose that you have experienced this at all with Beta1 yet ?

I follow pretty much the same process, the only applet that I installed though was battery plus and I didn't experience any of the problems.... I'm wondering if it is related specifically to the memory applet install... (now not needed because part of the ROM)..

BTW: NICE work on the apache-php IPK, I think that's superb work and actually I think the /hdd2/www location is a far better location for this particular type of data since it's a daemon rather than related to user data for the Zaurus user.  

- Andy
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 03:50:43 pm by iamasmith »
OpenBSD 4.2 -current on full 4Gb of SL-C3000
Microdrive replaced with 4Gb SanDisk Extreme III card

iamasmith

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2005, 06:16:04 pm »
Right, got to say this again... THANKS kahm for getting that apache-php package and Opera working.

I have been working on prototype stuff for so long now that I forgot how useful it was to get my QwikiWiki available on my Zaurus. I just pushed the tarball back onto the Zaurus and it works SO well.

Some modifications that I would suggest are...

1. Add a webauthor user using UID 501 and GID 501 (matching the group).

2. Change /hdd2/www/conf/httpd.conf and edit the user nobody group nobody lines to user webauthor group webauthor.

3. Set ownership over htdocs to webauthor:webauthor

If you make these changes then the proper permission set is in place for most apps including QwikiWiki.

Without the update of httpd.conf (probably just for GID) you can't display images from subdirectories in htdocs.

Having apache-php again reminds me why I bought the 3K in the first place, thanks again kahm.

Regards,

Andy
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 06:29:49 pm by iamasmith »

gerenb

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2005, 07:48:31 pm »
I think I'm inclined to leave Opera off the list until we have really settled this.

With an easy to install ipkg, it might be best to leave Opera for the feed for the time being. We'll have time to iron out the best version of the two if we aren't worrying about direct inclusion in the rom.

Oh BTW: haven't heard a peep about Bluez... did anyone try it? It works for me without any hitches it would be nice to know that at least one other person has tested.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77129\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I've got a couple of socket revE cards, but I haven't got them doing anything useful under 1.22 yet, never mind tried them on the 3000.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77163\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

When I tried the Tetsu Special Kernel on Sharp Rom 1.11JP, it didn't work with my Socket Bluetooth CF rev. H. It may be necessary to compile an enhanced kernel that doesn't break bluetooth compatibility. Socket Bluetooth compatibility is important for Cacko3K (at least for me).    

iamasmith

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2005, 04:23:03 am »
...When I tried the Tetsu Special Kernel on Sharp Rom 1.11JP, it didn't work with my Socket Bluetooth CF rev. H. It may be necessary to compile an enhanced kernel that doesn't break bluetooth compatibility. Socket Bluetooth compatibility is important for Cacko3K (at least for me).   
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77455\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Could you possibly give me some details of exactly what happened when you tried to test Bluez with the Tetsu kernel?

Did you use someone elses Bluez package with that Kernel? Did you install the IPK of Kernel modules that comes with that Kernel?

All this makes a difference and the first step is letting us know if you can get your socket card working with the BETA1 ROM. The BETA1 rom has all the Bluez kernel modules from the accompanying IPK that tetsu produced built in and handles loading and unloading of the Bluez stuff through hotplug/pcmcia rather than at system startup. - quite different from traditional Bluez IPKs knocking around.

- Andy

dadipaq

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2005, 06:03:33 am »
I got a problem when I try to install gaim...
IPKG say something wrong....

anyone know howto install it ?

thanks and thanks for this wonderful rom

sorry for my bad english

iamasmith

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2005, 07:08:58 am »

sorry for my bad english
[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

gaim is notoriously fiddly.. here's exactly what you need to do.

1. Get a WLAN or other internet connection going from the Z.

2. Start Add/Remove programs

3. Select Install packages via networks

4. Tap the Switch button and create a new feed named gaim using the URL [a href=\"http://qpe-gaim.sourceforge.net/feed/release]http://qpe-gaim.sourceforge.net/feed/release[/url]

When you hit OK, if you don't see the packages go back, select the gaim entry (now in the Servers list) and hit OK again.

5. Install in this order..

libopie1
qpe-gaim

This will pull all the dependencies from the feed...

6. Install the libgaim-procotols that you need.

7. Close the installer.

8. DO NOT RUN YET. Start konsole and do the following..

mkdir Applications/.gaim
ln -s Applications/.gaim .gaim

9. Exit konsole, find the icon and using the stylus hold mechanism remove the 'Display with magnified screen option'.

Gaim should now run.

Other suggestions are...

a. Move to Network Tab using Tab settings.
b. Turn off Large Icons in preferences since the two lines of text used alongside the large icons look a bit ugly on the 3K.
c. Drop the feed if you don't need it any more.

Hope this helps,

- Andy

dadipaq

• View Profile
Cacko3k Feedback
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2005, 07:39:43 am »

sorry for my bad english
[div align=\"right\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

gaim is notoriously fiddly.. here's exactly what you need to do.

1. Get a WLAN or other internet connection going from the Z.

2. Start Add/Remove programs

3. Select Install packages via networks

4. Tap the Switch button and create a new feed named gaim using the URL [a href=\"http://qpe-gaim.sourceforge.net/feed/release]http://qpe-gaim.sourceforge.net/feed/release[/url]

When you hit OK, if you don't see the packages go back, select the gaim entry (now in the Servers list) and hit OK again.

5. Install in this order..

libopie1
qpe-gaim

This will pull all the dependencies from the feed...

6. Install the libgaim-procotols that you need.

7. Close the installer.

8. DO NOT RUN YET. Start konsole and do the following..

mkdir Applications/.gaim
ln -s Applications/.gaim .gaim

9. Exit konsole, find the icon and using the stylus hold mechanism remove the 'Display with magnified screen option'.

Gaim should now run.

Other suggestions are...

a. Move to Network Tab using Tab settings.
b. Turn off Large Icons in preferences since the two lines of text used alongside the large icons look a bit ugly on the 3K.
c. Drop the feed if you don't need it any more.

Hope this helps,

- Andy
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=77495\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

thank you !! now, my zaurus is realy used by me !!