Author Topic: Pdaxii13 On Nand  (Read 105519 times)

adf

• View Profile
    • http://
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2007, 04:30:17 am »
I tried the pager.  It is certainly a good idea, but the time I tried it I had firefox loaded up with something or other, and wanted a different workspace. I used the pager to change  workspaces, and lost my panel. I was able to bring another up easily enough using the looknfeel applet ( the menu button still worked).  Is the loss of tha panel expected when paging to different workspaces? Was it maybe due to my system being stressed by firefox and some hideous scripting and media on a page?

ANother issue or two, but more related to other software.  Compiling the latest Nvu failed with an error about libxpcom (which was being compiled). any help on this? are there dependencies built in, or that come as a part of deerpark that might be causing troubles?

for now, I'll just install Mozilla from the feeds, but Nvu would be pretty cool, if nothing else. Be nice to have a stand alone wysiwyg page editor on top of a lamp stack on the pda, you know?

and along the same lines aren't we getting due for updating firefox (when ff2 is considered stable, anyway)?

edit: I see the mozilla in the feeds is pretty current.  excellent!

Augh. edit again:  I see the lead on Nvu has moved away from Nvu and on to making a stand alone composer for mozilla.org.  Should I forget about compiling Nvu, then?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 05:03:20 am by adf »
**3100 Zubuntu Jaunty,(working on Cacko dualboot), 16G A-Data internal CF, 4G SD, Ambicom WL-1100C Cf, linksys usb ethernet,  BelkinF8T020 BT card, Belkin F8U1500-E Ir kbd, mini targus usb mouse, rechargeble AC/DC powered USB hub, psp cables and battery extenders.

**6000l  Tetsuized Sharprom, installed on internal flash only 1G sd, 2G cf

Jon_J

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2007, 04:36:50 am »
about the panel, there are 4 desktops and the only one with the panel is number 1.
Use your "super" key + right arrow/left arrow to switch between desktops.
To deactivate the 4 desktop graphic, just click task-applet again. This is only necessary on desktop #1, on other desktops, clicking the white box near the bottom shuts it off.
I hope this doesn't sound confusing, but once you try it, you'll get it.

EDIT: I may have been wrong about switching desktops. I think the right arrow/left arrow used to be the way to switch desktops, before using this new updated tasks-applet.
Now, switching desktops uses all 4 direction keys.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 04:47:12 am by Jon_J »
C3100 Multiboot-->Angstrom 2007.12-r18 | Cacko 1.23 | ArchLinuxARM
C3200 pdaxii13v2-5.5-alpha4 Akita on NAND

Ambicom WL1100C-CF Wifi - Ambicom CF modem - Ambicom CF GPS - Belkin-F5D5050 USB LAN
Socket CF Bluetooth rev K - Iogear 4 port USB micro hub - pocket CF card reader
Targus mini USB optical mouse - 2 Targus SD card readers

Meanie

• View Profile
    • http://www.users.on.net/~hluc/myZaurus/
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2007, 04:39:37 am »
I tried the pager.  It is certainly a good idea, but the time I tried it I had firefox loaded up with something or other, and wanted a different workspace. I used the pager to change  workspaces, and lost my panel. I was able to bring another up easily enough using the looknfeel applet ( the menu button still worked).  Is the loss of tha panel expected when paging to different workspaces? Was it maybe due to my system being stressed by firefox and some hideous scripting and media on a page?

ANother issue or two, but more related to other software.  Compiling the latest Nvu failed with an error about libxpcom (which was being compiled). any help on this? are there dependencies built in, or that come as a part of deerpark that might be causing troubles?

for now, I'll just install Mozilla from the feeds, but Nvu would be pretty cool, if nothing else. Be nice to have a stand alone wysiwyg page editor on top of a lamp stack on the pda, you know?

and along the same lines aren't we getting due for updating firefox (when ff2 is considered stable, anyway)?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157088\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

the pager doesn't move with you when switching between pages. i think there is an option in openbox to have the same app displayed on all virtual desktops. i think that option needs to be enabled for the pager if you are using the standalone  pager, not sure what to do about the embedded pager n=in the task applet...

as for firefox2, i got it compiled but it crashes upon launch....
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)
http://members.iinet.net.au/~wyso/myZaurus - zBook3K

Jon_J

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2007, 05:00:09 am »
I have a question for meanie. If I use the updated tasks-aplet, do I also need to download the pager applet?
What is the difference between just using the pager alone, or using the upgraded tasks applet?

I have always been able to switch desktops with the directional keys plus the "super" key.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 05:01:00 am by Jon_J »
C3100 Multiboot-->Angstrom 2007.12-r18 | Cacko 1.23 | ArchLinuxARM
C3200 pdaxii13v2-5.5-alpha4 Akita on NAND

Ambicom WL1100C-CF Wifi - Ambicom CF modem - Ambicom CF GPS - Belkin-F5D5050 USB LAN
Socket CF Bluetooth rev K - Iogear 4 port USB micro hub - pocket CF card reader
Targus mini USB optical mouse - 2 Targus SD card readers

Meanie

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2007, 05:40:24 am »
I have a question for meanie. If I use the updated tasks-aplet, do I also need to download the pager applet?
What is the difference between just using the pager alone, or using the upgraded tasks applet?

I have always been able to switch desktops with the directional keys plus the "super" key.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157093\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

the standalone pager and the pager in the task applet are independant of each other although they stem from the same code. it just gives you the option to run as part of an applet or as a standalone application. both do exactly the same thing. the diference is one is tied to the taskbar with the applet, the other can be moved around freely on the desktop...
you can always use the keys to move between desktops. the pager just gives you the ability to do it with a gui, ie use your stylus to do it
not a new feature per say, just more options on how to get to the virtual desktops...
SL-C3000 - pdaXii13 build5.4.9 (based on pdaXrom beta3) / SL-C3100 - Sharp ROM 1.02 JP (heavily customised)
Netgear MA701 CF, SanDisk ConnectPlus CF, Socket Bluetooth CF, 4GB Kingston CF,  4GB pqi SD, 4GB ChoiceOnly SD, 2GB SanDisk SD USB Plus, 1GB SanDisk USB Plus, 1GB Transcend SD, 2GB SanDisk MicroSD with SD adaptor, Piel Frama Leather Case, GoldX 5-in-1 USB cable, USB hub, USB mouse, USB keyboard, USB ethernet, USB HDD, many other USB accessories...
(Zaurus SL-C3000 owner since March 14. 2005, Zaurus SL-C3100 owner since September 21. 2005)

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2007, 02:44:26 pm »
Hope someone can please advise....more weirdness happening here....

Was running Sally v.5.3.3 on my 3200....

Overall, things seemed to be OK....until I tried using 'zgcc-3.4.6.squashfs' (can see my separate thread on this...)

Someone suggested going back to v.5.3.2 to get this to work....did that...but still no go....

Then, noticed that I get the following error messages during bootup:

Code: [Select]
Starting SD Services:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0, missing codepage, or too many mounted filesystems.

Error: group privoxy not found [FAILED]

[Snip]

So, need help with several things:

1) How to get rid of mount error message??

[Snip]

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157004\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Well, downloaded and reflashed with latest Sally v.5.3.3 rev3 and still get same mount error shown up above....

Also, deleted zgcc squashfs file on card and won't use it unitl Meanie updates file on webpage....

Thanks,

Mark
Silicon Valley Digerati - * Please see my Mini Laptops For Sale Listing *
Cosmo Communicator / One-Netbook One Mix Yoga 3S (Win 10/Manjaro 18)
Banana Pi Zero UMPC/Armbian
MacBookPro
Sold: C3200/N900/OQO/N5/Dell Mini9/Netwalker/UMID M1/

Meanie

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2007, 03:26:14 pm »

Overall, things seemed to be OK....until I tried using 'zgcc-3.4.6.squashfs' (can see my separate thread on this...)

Someone suggested going back to v.5.3.2 to get this to work....did that...but still no go....

Starting SD Services:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/loop0, missing codepage, or too many mounted filesystems.

[Snip]

[Snip]

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157004\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Well, downloaded and reflashed with latest Sally v.5.3.3 rev3 and still get same mount error shown up above....

Also, deleted zgcc squashfs file on card and won't use it unitl Meanie updates file on webpage....

Thanks,

Mark
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157114\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

your problem has always been a corrupted zgcc squashfs file. upgrading to a newer version of pdaXii13 wont fix your corrupted zgcc file unless you actually download a non corrupted zgcc squashfs file....

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #172 on: March 24, 2007, 06:14:20 pm »

Starting SD Services:

[Snip]

[Snip]

Thanks,

Mark
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157114\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

your problem has always been a corrupted zgcc squashfs file. upgrading to a newer version of pdaXii13 wont fix your corrupted zgcc file unless you actually download a non corrupted zgcc squashfs file....
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157117\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

UPDATE

Well...as usual, you were right, Meanie!!...

I was mixed up...(I plead temporary insanity due to the tooth I had extracted the other day...)....

The 'zgcc' file that I deleted was the one on my CF card not the one in '/data'....

So, deleted that one and reinstalled one from a fresh download and voila! No more 'mount' error message!

However, I still get the error message about 'group privoxy not found [FAILED]' during bootup....
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 07:56:24 pm by ArchiMark »
MacBookPro

Meanie

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2007, 08:36:26 pm »

Starting SD Services:

[Snip]

[Snip]

Thanks,

Mark

[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157117\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

UPDATE

Well...as usual, you were right, Meanie!!...

I was mixed up...(I plead temporary insanity due to the tooth I had extracted the other day...)....

The 'zgcc' file that I deleted was the one on my CF card not the one in '/data'....

So, deleted that one and reinstalled one from a fresh download and voila! No more 'mount' error message!

However, I still get the error message about 'group privoxy not found [FAILED]' during bootup....
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157125\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

do the following:

echo "privoxy:x:501:" >> /etc/group
echo "privoxy:x:501:100:privoxy:/home:/bin/sh" >> /etc/passwd
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 08:38:00 pm by Meanie »

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2007, 09:00:11 pm »
do the following:

echo "privoxy:x:501:" >> /etc/group
echo "privoxy:x:501:100:privoxy:/home:/bin/sh" >> /etc/passwd
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157130\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Yup, that did it, Meanie!

Thanks!

MacBookPro

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #175 on: March 26, 2007, 06:57:05 pm »
A few questions please....

1) I downloaded and installed the latest 'Sally, build 5.3.3 rev3' but when I boot up voice says that it's v.5.3.2?

Also, it shows 'build 5.3.2 Alice' on reboot, after 'starting X....'

If I open up 'pdaXii13 Config, it shows 'build 5.3.2 Alice'....

Is this just inaccurate?

2) When I click on app icons on the desktop they open the associated app, except for FireFox. Just get error message....

What is easy way to associate icon with app to get this working?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 07:07:00 pm by ArchiMark »
MacBookPro

HoloVector

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #176 on: March 26, 2007, 10:01:50 pm »

1) I downloaded and installed the latest 'Sally, build 5.3.3 rev3' but when I boot up voice says that it's v.5.3.2?

Is this just inaccurate?

2) When I click on app icons on the desktop they open the associated app, except for FireFox. Just get error message....

Thanks!
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157253\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I have both of those problems with the original 5.3.3 (not rev 3) on my 3200.  

I ignore number 1.    

I fixed number 2 by deleting the original Firefox shortcut on the desktop and dragging and dropping the working X menu shortcut on to the desktop.  One of the best features of ROX in my opinion.  

Make sure you make a backup copy of the firefox.png too in case you accidentally ipkg upgrade firefox and get that nasty looking 80s pseudo-fire icon.  Yeech!!  
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 10:02:58 pm by HoloVector »
I think I'm coming down with what kahm's got!  I now have 3 Zaurii in house!  ;)
Current: Zaurus SL-C3200 -  Bobby (Configuring pdaXii13 Akita with Full 5.4.9 upgrade running IceWM)
Zaurus SL-C1000 - Hachiko (Configuring Cacko 1.23 with evilJazz's new kernel)
Zaurus SL-C860 - Fett (Customized Cacko 1.23 with handmade Boba Fett Theme)
Symbol WiFi CF card|Buffalo WiFi CF Card|Buffalo Ethernet CF Card|Red Piel Frama Case|PDAir Case|Black Pelican 1020 Case|Pentopia Stylii|SaruTek Protectors|Transcend SDs (4GB 150X, 1GB 80X, 256MB 45X, 128MB 45X)|2GB PNY SD|2GB SanDisk SD|Transcend CFs (1GB 80X, 512MB 80X)|Sandisk CFs (4GB, 512MB, 256MB)|256MB Netac USB-CF|RH-1 Remote
Check out the ScummVM@tyrannozaurus page if you are an "adventurer" type of person.

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #177 on: March 26, 2007, 10:12:57 pm »

Is this just inaccurate?

Thanks!
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157253\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

I have both of those problems with the original 5.3.3 (not rev 3) on my 3200.  

I ignore number 1.    

I fixed number 2 by deleting the original Firefox shortcut on the desktop and dragging and dropping the working X menu shortcut on to the desktop.  One of the best features of ROX in my opinion.  

Make sure you make a backup copy of the firefox.png too in case you accidentally ipkg upgrade firefox and get that nasty looking 80s pseudo-fire icon.  Yeech!!  
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=157257\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]

Thanks for the clarification and tips, HoloVector!
MacBookPro

Antikx

• View Profile
    • http://tyrannozaurus.com
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #178 on: March 27, 2007, 12:53:29 am »

I found out where it was being run from and found it pointed to this file: /home/root/welcome.txt
I recommend changing it to:
ArchiMark is king monkey!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 12:55:25 am by Antikx »
Kanpai,
-Antikx (Twitter, Mugshot and PodNova)
C1000 - pdaXrom R198 (Celestial Environment)
tyrannozaurus.com
[img]http://www.tyrannozaurus.com/files/category_pictures/general_1.png\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /]
Zaurus news/blogs feed from Zaurus users
Free Windows, Linux, or Web RSS readers.
Featured pages at tyrannozaurus:
Sharp Petition, ScummVM, Cacko, pdaXii13, and Celestial Environment

merli

• View Profile
Pdaxii13 On Nand
« Reply #179 on: March 27, 2007, 02:53:35 am »
Hello

Found some annoying behaviours (let's say bugs) in pdaxii13 5.3.3 version.

1) Sometimes X freezes, sometimes at work (compiling in ssh connected through usb net) sometimes after suspend. CTRL+ALT+Backspace won't work. what actually help is kill X session from ssh session and from that session startx again then X works again. But what to do when I don't have Zaurus connected to PC. Reboot is not actually right solution for me. Stange is that only X are freezed everything on background is working. Problem appeared when I started using swapfile on my 4 GB SD card Pretec Chetah 133x.

2) Justreader does not work in CP1250 encoding. Also FBreader didn't work from scratch. After I instaled glibc-gconv-cp1250_2.2.5_armv5tel.ipk FBreader started working but justreader no. In pdaxrom beta1 justreader worked like charm from scratch. Something changed in methods displaying chracterd from beta1 to beta3. Maybe bug in justreader, but I don't know what to fix.

3) I tried run my binary of duke3d (that with broken save/load function (i want to fix that game)) in pdaxrom beta1 it worked. In pdaxii13 i got SDL Parachute Floating point exception. Did something changed in method how SDL manage floating point between beta1 and beta3?

Can anyone (more experienced than me) duplicate those errors and find out reasons? Most Annoying error is no 1. FBreader works for me (I liked justreader more) and I can live without duke3d :-), but reseting Z quite often after suspend in really no good.

Last comment: In there _any_ really any possibility to synchronize any of many  PIMs appz in pdaxrom with MS outlook 2003 or directly with MS exchange? I know that evolution has plugin to web interface to exchange. Sync PIM with exchange is really only missing feature from sharp rom.
merli
------
SL-C1000 - pdaxii13 5.3.3 but considering go back to beta1
Wifi D-link DCF-650W CF card - not using
bluetooth Billionton BT CF card and Samsung SGH-i310 GPRS
Pretec Cheetah 133x 4GB SD, Pretec Cheetah 80x 1GB CF