Author Topic: Latest updates on Indiegogo  (Read 58099 times)

rasva

• View Profile
    • http://
Latest updates on Indiegogo
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2019, 12:17:43 pm »
I would say not "mostly", but "only". I have EU version with contribution #17 and it is not locked yet. But I am not complaining, actually I am very glad that my Cosmo will not be from the first assembly.
Cosmo
Gemini 4G/SailfishX

In past: Zaurus SL-C3200, Jornada 728, 690, Mobilepro 900C, Sharp PC3100, HP 200LX....

Daniel W

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2019, 02:37:49 pm »
The specific wording in update #29 was "Most of the initial shipment batch of Cosmo perks are shipping to Japan", so I guess that's where the "mostly" came from, but yes, the units currently shipping elsewhere is reasonably also of the Japanese model, presumably backed by Japanese users elsewhere in the world.

maki.jouni

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2019, 02:41:35 pm »
Quote from: rasva
...EU version...   ....not locked yet...

I personally think that European backers IndieGoGo contribution status will not change until Planet Computers will import European batch to their European distribution center. So I think when they import pallet of Cosmos to distribution center, then our contribution status will change and then start dispatching our Cosmos by so called last mile carries.

I'am from Finland with little bit higher contribution ID, because of backed campaign on December.

Nice to see that our campaign is already at this stage, soon our wait will be over and our friends and colleagues are asking what the h*** is that, is it new, where can I get one... etc
Cosmo Communicator (Fin/Swe), Mix2, Sony Xperia XZ & Z3, Nokia N900, Nokia PARSA, HTC Touch Pro, Qtek 9100, Nokia 6600 & 6210 & 2110, Mobira Talkman

MonkeyControl

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2019, 04:28:04 pm »
Ode to touchscreen

Roses are red,
Potatoes are brown,
The touchscreen* is dead,
Cause the Cosmo's in town.  

*Yes, I'm aware that the Cosmo 'also' has a touchscreen**, but you know what I mean.  

**Actually two touchscreens
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 06:04:02 pm by MonkeyControl »

drpeter

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2019, 06:20:05 pm »
Quote from: MonkeyControl
Ode to touchscreen

Roses are red,
Potatoes are brown,
The touchscreen* is dead,
Cause the Cosmo's in town.  

*Yes, I'm aware that the Cosmo 'also' has a touchscreen**, but you know what I mean.  

**Actually two touchscreens

Roses are red
iPhones are white
They look pretty cool
But for typing they're sh**e

gidds

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 14, 2019, 01:25:52 pm »
Maybe I'm just being selfish here, but given that European ones have far further to travel -- and given the uncertainties around shipping that Brexit will cause (whenever it happens -- don't blame me, I didn't vote for it...), wouldn't it be more reasonable to ship the EU Cosmos first, before they get all snarled up??
   Andy/
Psion 3a → Psion 5 → Psion 5mx → Gemini → Astro

maki.jouni

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 14, 2019, 03:02:55 pm »
"
26 days ago    Cosmo Communicator Campaign - Week 42 Update
"

"
Cosmo How-to Videos - filming tomorrow

Tomorrow we will be filming several How-To videos about the Cosmo that will act as introductory online video tutorials on how to use your Cosmo.

These will be posted on-line in a few weeks.
"

Japanese batch is shipped already and other batches should be shipped within 3 weeks. So we might be quite close to see few videos of fully functional Cosmo. Can't help myself, find myself occasionally refressing Planets Vimeo page, Nothing added yet on Vimeo...
Cosmo Communicator (Fin/Swe), Mix2, Sony Xperia XZ & Z3, Nokia N900, Nokia PARSA, HTC Touch Pro, Qtek 9100, Nokia 6600 & 6210 & 2110, Mobira Talkman

MonkeyControl

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 22, 2019, 03:07:07 am »
Little video from Charbax with The Doctor:  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZZ3zm3-xr8
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 03:08:08 am by MonkeyControl »

Daniel W

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 22, 2019, 02:38:09 pm »
Quote from: MonkeyControl
Little video from Charbax with The Doctor:  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZZ3zm3-xr8
Thank you! This is as good an update, as the official e-mails. [Edit: Quite a bit better, actually]. Some highlights:

At around 3:10 Dr. Janko says "We will have the phone out completely to everybody... before twelve months". As the crowdfunding begun on Monday, November 5 2018, that would leave only two weeks. The crowdfunding ended on Thursday, December 6. If that's what he's referring to, every single backer should have their device before Friday, December 6 2019.

At around 5:29 he says "So we hope to complete all the production by the end of this month and to ship out the units... latest in the first week of November".

At 5:46 Dr.Janko says "Today is the twenty-first", so this appears to have been recorded on Monday, October 21. He continues "we well be essentially shipping out the units in the next week and the week after that and that's it.". That should suggest they expect to be done shipping by Sunday, November 10 (as weeks seems to end on a Sunday in the UK).

[Edit: There are quite a few technical tidbits in this video too. We've probably read somewhere that the external screen has a resolution of 536 x 240 (that would fit 84% of a Series 5 screen, or 168% of a Series 3...) but there were a few other details, like the Cosmo having three antennas for good coverage, a fairly extensive demo of the external screen, apparently they are toying with decorative stickers for the Cosmo and it seems they'll have a backer meeting in London before the end of the year. Near the end, he reiterates that their current goal is to have all devices shipped by "the end of the first week of November", so that would indeed be Sunday, November 10, 2019. When they will reach their backers, will, of course, depend on various postal services.]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 05:59:15 pm by Daniel W »

Jeffers

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2019, 03:01:48 am »
Quote from: gidds
Maybe I'm just being selfish here, but given that European ones have far further to travel -- and given the uncertainties around shipping that Brexit will cause (whenever it happens -- don't blame me, I didn't vote for it...), wouldn't it be more reasonable to ship the EU Cosmos first, before they get all snarled up??

You could definitely argue that way. I suspect that one reason for the JP units being prioritised is that they need to fulfil a retail order there, so are producing the retail and the indiegogo units at the same time. Delivering the retail would surely be very nice for their cashflow. It's just a hunch. Incidentally, I'm still waiting for my JP PCB version, albeit with the UK keyboard. I expect this puts me somewhere at the back of the queue.

Zarhan

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2019, 07:59:52 am »
At least Brexit is apparently getting yet another extension, so no need to worry about extra customs fees or stuff like that.

AGdesigns-NL

• View Profile
    • Http://agdesigns.nl
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2019, 07:52:32 am »
$2.000.000+ raised on igg

Vistaus

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2019, 02:35:36 pm »
New update coming before the end of the day tomorrow!

szopin

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2019, 09:06:35 pm »
Quote from: Vistaus
Looks like one more hiccup:
Hence, there was a pause in production early last week and no shipments of Cosmo perks since then.

Cosmo production restarted 3 days ago, on the 26th of October, using the re-supplied components.
But we're almost there

gymbo

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2019, 09:20:14 pm »
Quote from: szopin
Quote from: Vistaus
Looks like one more hiccup:
Hence, there was a pause in production early last week and no shipments of Cosmo perks since then.

Cosmo production restarted 3 days ago, on the 26th of October, using the re-supplied components.
But we're almost there
Seems like it is an advantage NOT to be in the very first production run        

Link to the update (for easy access for those not having the IGG page open in a tab constantly, like I have   ):
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cosmo-co...59#/updates/all