Author Topic: V22 is out.  (Read 18429 times)

ArchiMark

• Administrator
    • View Profile
V22 is out.
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2020, 06:11:53 pm »
That did it, Jake....thanks!

Got CODI again.....

Mark
Silicon Valley Digerati - * Please see my Mini Laptops For Sale Listing *
Cosmo Communicator / One-Netbook One Mix Yoga 3S (Win 10/Manjaro 18)
Banana Pi Zero UMPC/Armbian
MacBookPro
Sold: C3200/N900/OQO/N5/Dell Mini9/Netwalker/UMID M1/

jakfish

• View Profile
V22 is out.
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2020, 07:04:22 pm »
Hey, that's great.

Jake

Tom D

• View Profile
V22 is out.
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2020, 09:25:52 pm »
Updated Android and Codi, booted inti Linux and updated it. Still no resume from sleep unless you manually select sleep from the menu. If you time out and go to sleep, or if you close the Lid you are dead.

I'll check out android to see if the Codi is more well behaved.

SwordfishII

• View Profile
V22 is out.
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2020, 10:32:19 pm »
Quote from: Zarhan
Quote from: jakfish
Am I hallucinating, or did Planet get rid of the maddening Mute button on the COvID screen? If I'm not, THAT'S a relief, no more of people hanging up because they thought they had been disconnected.

I just noticed. They got rid of *all* call controls in that screen. Nothing works. Mute, switching to speakerphone, nada.

Frankly, I would call that improvement...

Also, just noticed that they have published a more detailed changelog at http://support.planetcom.co.uk/index.php/L..._Cosmo_Firmware - it's not that verbose, especially they are not expanding much on "bugfixes", but it's there.

Did you figure out a fix? That is super annoying and I have it too.

Zarhan

• View Profile
V22 is out.
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2020, 01:25:14 am »
Quote from: SwordfishII
Did you figure out a fix? That is super annoying and I have it too.

When I tried to repeat the issue this morning, I cannot... Suddenly CoDI controls during call work.

I did not reboot the phone or anything like that.

Clearly they are not broken all the time. I guess we need to find out what the conditions for lost controls are...

After a full reboot (turned off phone, turned back on) they *still* work.

cam1965

• View Profile
    • http://
V22 is out.
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2020, 06:44:28 am »
Quote from: cam1965
Quote from: Isurus65
Firmware 22 has arrived.

CODI update turning out to be a nightmare like the last time. Sixth attempt so far. Hopefully it will succeed before the 20th attempt.

FW update installed fine.
Codi first time failed. I am now trying again. Let's wait . Taking a long time...
Again an error. Codi Resources OK, but codi Firmware failed...
Let's try and try again ... ( Now it is installing Codi Resources again ... A pain ... ) . It will took another 30 minutes or more ...
4th attempt. CODI update turning out to be a nightmare ...
Manual update didn't work . It closes cover display assistant. I've also tried in airplane mode. ( without success ). Now I've disabled wifi, GPS And checked do not disturb.Also disabled norton AV.( and cleared cache and storage data of cover display assistant ). And I also put in airplane mode.
Let 's wait again. Last attempt in the morning. If it fails, I will try only at night. I have  no time now.

Yesterday night finally codi installed. Everything working now ! Thanks God.

cam1965

• View Profile
V22 is out.
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2020, 08:13:41 am »
Quote from: aard
Update went without issues, CODI update went through on second try (didn't bother with offline mode or anything).

Can confirm the vertical bar on the left side for the rooted image, but at least SIM access is working, so I guess that's an improvement. I'm currently booting into the rooted image only for larger changes, but for daily use don't really need it, so I just hope they fix it - and for when I do need rooted access at least it's better than before.

Also mine has a vertical bar on the left side ( when booted with root image ).
Twrp also asks for a password.
In linux can't see my sim card.
Android is working OK. Netflix, OK and  device certified.

NormMonkey

• View Profile
V22 is out.
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2020, 09:08:56 am »
Did my V22 update this morning, and CODI went through on the first try!  AMAZE!

Phone had just rebooted and finished the V22 update.  I just turned off the Cover Display from the Quick Settings pull-down, then in the Cover Display Assistant app, DOWNLOAD and then FLASH NOW.  Downloaded the flash and resource image was fast.  It started the resource image first (the one that takes longest) and it stayed at 0% for quite a long time, enough to make me start to worry.  Then it finally started and took a long time to get through.  I kept the display awake as it progressed.  The flash image was much faster, and then it was done!

It has been awhile but I think I did the same procedure last time (turning off Cover Display from Quick Settings menu) and it went through on the first try as well.  That was back at the update to V19 and I probably did the CODI update right after the Android firmware update as well.

Times before that, I have suffered through trying to get the CODI update to go through and conking out several times.

szopin

• View Profile
V22 is out.
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2020, 10:15:40 am »
Update from v19 went without issues, CODI took some retries (manual is definitely the way to go). Auto rotate finally seems to be working. Debian finally sees something under list-modems (and also had crash/hanging someone mentioned on updating cosmo hal components, but it seems to have went through regardless). Lets see if battery life improves

cam1965

• View Profile
V22 is out.
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2020, 11:23:25 am »
Quote from: szopin
Update from v19 went without issues, CODI took some retries (manual is definitely the way to go). Auto rotate finally seems to be working. Debian finally sees something under list-modems (and also had crash/hanging someone mentioned on updating cosmo hal components, but it seems to have went through regardless). Lets see if battery life improves

Hi.

I didn't see my sim card under debian. You said something under list-modems. I didn't see anything under /usr/share/ofono/scripts/list-modems ....
Please tell me what command you do to show the modem or sim card .Many thanks .

szopin

• View Profile
V22 is out.
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2020, 11:26:53 am »

Hi.

I didn't see my sim card under debian. You said something under list-modems. I didn't see anything under /usr/share/ofono/scripts/list-modems ....
Just 'list-modems', used to return nothing under v19, now lists ril0 and ril1

cam1965

• View Profile
V22 is out.
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2020, 11:56:36 am »

Hi.

Ok. Thank you. But mine doesn´t list nothing . Interesting ...

szopin

• View Profile
V22 is out.
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2020, 12:16:28 pm »

Hi.

Do you have all packages up to date (apt update or apt-get update or even the discover software center should work), maybe the kernel is still old? Probably best to jump into 'geminiPDA' group on telegram, easier to troubleshoot there

cam1965

• View Profile
V22 is out.
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2020, 12:32:14 pm »

Hi.

Do you have all packages up to date (apt update or apt-get update or even the discover software center should work), maybe the kernel is still old? Probably best to jump into 'geminiPDA' group on telegram, easier to troubleshoot there

Ok. Thank you . everything is updated. I will look to geminipda group. Thank you again.

cam1965

• View Profile
V22 is out.
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2020, 04:29:43 pm »

Hi.

Ok. Thank you . everything is updated. I will look to geminipda group. Thank you again.

Tried everything and nothing. Installed some kernels : initial release, last release and my onw compiled kernel. Inslalled gemian-system. Follow the instructions on this link https://github.com/gemian/gemini-keyboard-a...DebuggingMobile and  https://github.com/gemian/gemini-keyboard-a.../wiki/DebianTP2 .  But the modem is not recognized.  I have android , twrp , android root and debian installed. I think something is preventing debian to access the modem. Not sure about this. I' d really appreciate if  someone can help me,  Or if someone has the same problem as mine. And also if someone is able to detect the modem in debian , please let me know. Thank you all.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 04:55:55 pm by cam1965 »