Author Topic: Kde-pim/pi 2.1.0 Available!  (Read 213764 times)

ev1l

• View Profile
    • http://bbshuffle.blogspot.com/
Kde-pim/pi 2.1.0 Available!
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2005, 09:04:40 pm »
Raybert, your script fails with the wrong error if you put the uncompressed files in the directory instead of the one big archive.
As a separate matter, do you think it would help to have a build HOWTO for kdepim/pi?

Howitzer

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2005, 11:18:16 pm »
Unfortunately Z... the latest 2.1.5 version does not solve the problem.  Looks like I may have to abandon my old calendar information and just move forward without it.  I really don't have a lot of time right now to try and set up a compile/debug ability to chase this.  

raybert

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2005, 10:56:15 am »
Raybert, your script fails with the wrong error if you put the uncompressed files in the directory instead of the one big archive.
As a separate matter, do you think it would help to have a build HOWTO for kdepim/pi?
The script was designed to work only with the ZIP file, as this seems the easier thing to do.  Why unzip and copy the individual files when you can just copy the ZIP?  OTOH, I have already thought about modifying it to support this anyway; it wouldn't be terribly hard and flexibility is always a good thing.   BTW, what is the error message that you referred to (and what were you expecting)?

Are you asking me?  I have never tried building it (although I've thought about it, and maybe submitting some patches).  From some recent comments though it does sound like a brief HOWTO would be helpful.

~ray

ev1l

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2005, 12:31:11 pm »
BTW, what is the error message that you referred to (and what were you expecting)?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83375\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I got the "no unzip" message (instead of the no zip file). I may have been logged in as zaurus instead of root though.
Are you asking me?
Asking anyone, really. It seems that several people could be contributing, but setting up the development environment seems non-trivial.

shreks

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2005, 12:55:52 pm »
This 2.1.5 version is very nice! Zautrix rocks!

I focused on testing the address book. I found that kapi now can import Yahoo CVS file correctly since many bugs, e.g. Role and Note, have been fixed. Now everything can be imported into kapi without losing any information (thanks to the Note field). I also noticed that kapi now can display person's name in detailed view according to the formatted name which can be customized, this is very good for using kapi in an international environment.

I will keep using kapi and kopi, and report back any bugs that I find in the future.

Great masterpiece, Zautrix! Thank you!

maslovsky

• View Profile
    • http://my-zaurus.narod.ru
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2005, 11:42:27 am »
There is a bug for quite a while, which I kept forgetting to report - non latin characters (again!) are not displayed with alarm notification. It's easy to reproduce - create a calendar entry, using non-latin chars in title or notes, set alarm and watch alarm go off without any text message.

ev1l

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2005, 02:30:52 pm »
There is a bug for quite a while, which I kept forgetting to report - non latin characters (again!) are not displayed with alarm notification. It's easy to reproduce - create a calendar entry, using non-latin chars in title or notes, set alarm and watch alarm go off without any text message.
Thanks, I'll add that to our DB.

raybert

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2005, 04:51:42 pm »
BTW, what is the error message that you referred to (and what were you expecting)?
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83375\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
I got the "no unzip" message (instead of the no zip file). I may have been logged in as zaurus instead of root though.
It's looking for unzip at "/bin/unzip".  I guess that may not work if you installed it to SD|CF though.  I should probably change that.  Do you have unzip on your Z and, if so, where is it installed to (what does "which unzip" say)?

The current version requires a ZIP file so it always checks for unzip.  If I change the script to support unzipped ipks then this check is unnecessary and I'll move it so it doesn't execute in that case.

~ray

Howitzer

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2005, 01:30:45 pm »
Interesting artifact....  I tried, I don't know why, to reimport the OL2K info again while I was trying to figure out how to get PI-Sync working, and noticed as I was working that KO/Pi for Windoze actually had my data.  I then closed the "Import" dialog and the app crashed.  Launching the app again shows my calendar data is in KO/Pi.  Later I deleted the ics file due to an issue with the timezone setting and attempted to reimport the data.  After multiple attempts I finally just left the "Finished importing" dialog up for a long time and watched the size of the ics file.  It finally got to >700K and then I closed the dialog.  KO/Pi crashed, but when I brought it back up, again all my calendar data is there.  

So this brings me to my next issue.... KO/Pi on the Z always runs out of memory during PI-Sync.  I get a "memory is low choose an app to close" dialog with only KO/Pi listed in it and then my Z either reboots, or I have to close KO/Pi.  I'm on a 5500 with the 3.1x Sharp ROM, so I'm stuck at 32/32 memory.  I removed some apps from my system, but I suppose that only removed them from the ramdisk, not the program heap.  Am I just stuck not being able to sync my calendar using a 32M image?  I'm considering creating a network swap drive to perhaps solve the problem.  Seems like thats a step I shouldn't have to take though...

Finally, I think it would be nice to have a primer on how to build the programs from source.  I downloaded the tarball on my RHEL system because I wasn't sure the SUSE RPM would run on RHEL 4.  

This looks like a much better PIM tool than the Sharp versions, but only so long as I can get the whole shooting match to work.....

Tehas

• View Profile
    • http://users.adelphia.net/~stonerrl/rick/
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2005, 12:00:32 am »
This could be me but I've noticed a problem with repeating appointments that are set up in Outlook (2003) and then synch them to KO/PI.  When they show up on KO/PI, they are one occurance too few.  For example, I scheduled a recurring Friday afternoon meeting starting today and running through 6/24 (3 Fridays).  When I synch and then look at KO, it shows a meeting for today and next Friday but not 6/24.  I see the same problem with meetings that repeat daily too (always one short).

Anyone else notice this?
+SL-5600 v1.32 ROM (Special pre-emptive kernel with overclock)  +Viking 256CF  +SimpleTech 256CF  +Viking 128SD (as ext2)  +AmbiCom WL1100C +Micro Innovations KB  +Hawking Ethernet CF  
+SL6000L +Lexar 1GB SD (as ext2)  +Windows 98/Me/Nt/XP  +Mandrake 8.1 My Zaurus Page[img]http://users.adelphia.net/~stonerrl/rick/rls_userbar.gif\" border=\"0\" class=\"linked-sig-image\" /]

ev1l

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2005, 09:48:25 am »
It's looking for unzip at "/bin/unzip".  I guess that may not work if you installed it to SD|CF though.  I should probably change that.  Do you have unzip on your Z and, if so, where is it installed to (what does "which unzip" say)?

The current version requires a ZIP file so it always checks for unzip.  If I change the script to support unzipped ipks then this check is unnecessary and I'll move it so it doesn't execute in that case.

~ray
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83590\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
unzip's installed (by default on Cacko  )
I don't get what the problem was. Your script seems correct, but when I executed it with only the ipk's in the same directory, I got the no unzip error instead of no archive. weird.

ev1l

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2005, 09:59:59 am »
So this brings me to my next issue.... KO/Pi on the Z always runs out of memory during PI-Sync.  I get a "memory is low choose an app to close" dialog with only KO/Pi listed in it and then my Z either reboots, or I have to close KO/Pi.  I'm on a 5500 with the 3.1x Sharp ROM, so I'm stuck at 32/32 memory.  I removed some apps from my system, but I suppose that only removed them from the ramdisk, not the program heap.  Am I just stuck not being able to sync my calendar using a 32M image?  I'm considering creating a network swap drive to perhaps solve the problem.  Seems like thats a step I shouldn't have to take though...
Shove a swap partition/file on an SD card and use that. That's what I do when using Opera, which is just as memory hungry. Implementing an archiving/limited datespan sync will help that as well. That kinda stuff is the reason you see everyone screaming bloody murder each time Sharp puts out a new PDA with the same 64mb of RAM.

Finally, I think it would be nice to have a primer on how to build the programs from source.  I downloaded the tarball on my RHEL system because I wasn't sure the SUSE RPM would run on RHEL 4. 
Yeah I'll tell Zautrix.

This could be me but I've noticed a problem with repeating appointments that are set up in Outlook (2003) and then synch them to KO/PI.
I don't have Outlook so I can't test that (when I did, the sync to the Sharp apps was busted anyway   ). If zautrix does he can take a look.

raybert

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2005, 10:57:49 am »
It's looking for unzip at "/bin/unzip".  I guess that may not work if you installed it to SD|CF though.  I should probably change that.  Do you have unzip on your Z and, if so, where is it installed to (what does "which unzip" say)?

The current version requires a ZIP file so it always checks for unzip.  If I change the script to support unzipped ipks then this check is unnecessary and I'll move it so it doesn't execute in that case.

~ray
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=83590\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
unzip's installed (by default on Cacko  )
I don't get what the problem was. Your script seems correct, but when I executed it with only the ipk's in the same directory, I got the no unzip error instead of no archive. weird.
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84073\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
That is strange.  So, you're saying that unzip IS installed at "/bin/unzip"?  Maybe I should switch from if [ -x "/bin/unzip"  ] to if [ -x "$(which unzip)" ], or something similar.

~ray

vishnja

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2005, 05:54:51 pm »
I just want to say thanks for this great app!
Today I finally migrated from Opie-PIM to kde-pim/pi 2.1.5 and I'm impressed :-)
It's much more progressed since the earlier versions I tried and I will use ko/pi and ka/pi as my primary PIM now :-)
C860 with Cacko 1.21 \"Elena\" ROM,
pretec wlan cf, nokia bt cf, ratoc usb host cf, socket lan cf,
sandisk 512 cf/sd, kingston 256 cf

ev1l

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2005, 05:42:26 am »
That is strange.  So, you're saying that unzip IS installed at "/bin/unzip"?  Maybe I should switch from if [ -x "/bin/unzip"  ] to if [ -x "$(which unzip)" ], or something similar.
That'd be better, yes. Cacko decided it wouldn't handle wireless anymore, and combined with other problems I had, it made me want to reinstall, so I'm going to test again after that. I tried yesterday, and although the script seems correct, it still cannot find unzip. Very weird.

I just want to say thanks for this great app!
Today I finally migrated from Opie-PIM to kde-pim/pi 2.1.5 and I'm impressed :-)
It's much more progressed since the earlier versions I tried and I will use ko/pi and ka/pi as my primary PIM now :-)
[div align=\"right\"][a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=84132\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a][/div]
You want 2.1.4 in a production environment. 2.15 is the test version (right now with little-tested multiple resource support). Glad you like it, though.