OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Viewing Comics/manga On 5500?, What viewer?
jesperht
post Aug 12 2005, 05:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,627

Hi!
I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions as to what image viewer i should use to go through multiple jpg files quickly. Should be able to move around the image, zoom, and proceed to the next pic (preferably without using the stylus)

Thanks! smile.gif

/Jesper
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
brashley46
post Aug 13 2005, 05:54 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,227

QUOTE(jesperht @ Aug 12 2005, 09:52 AM)
Hi!
I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions as to what image viewer i should use to go through multiple jpg files quickly. Should be able to move around the image, zoom, and proceed to the next pic (preferably without using the stylus)

Thanks! smile.gif

/Jesper

I have had some success with using Opie-reader to display comix I have converted from HTML using Mobipocket Publisher. Also using qpdf2 to view comics converted to PDFs, although that wants to use the stylus ... what would be really nice, of course, would be a port of CDisplay to the Z. As is it's only built for Windows. So: Using OpenOffice.org, edit your raw .jpg or .gif images into an HTML page or a PDF document. Convert the HTML using Mobipocket Publisher or perhaps Plucker to a file the Z will read ... or you could even use the Opera browser on the Z to view the HTML page, I suppose. Haven't tried that yet! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
chal
post Aug 14 2005, 05:34 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,035

QUOTE(jesperht @ Aug 12 2005, 01:52 PM)
Hi!

Thanks! smile.gif

/Jesper

If you don't mind shelling out a few bucks (9.95) tKc Gallery is nice. You can set it up to do a slide show.

edit: Just noticed something... I'm not sure what you mean by, "move around the image???

+Quote Post
jesperht
post Aug 17 2005, 09:12 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,627

I have tried tkcGallery, but it doesnt "move around the image". What I mean is that I cant pan around using the directional pad. This is usefull because to read the comic i need to zoom in relatively much, and then I need to "strafe" around to get to the next "frame" Thanks! smile.gif

+Quote Post
frobnoid_
post Nov 3 2005, 05:23 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,985

QUOTE(jesperht @ Aug 17 2005, 12:12 PM)
I have tried tkcGallery, but it doesnt "move around the image". What I mean is that I cant pan around using the directional pad. This is usefull because to read the comic i need to zoom in relatively much, and then I need to "strafe" around to get to the next "frame"  Thanks! smile.gif

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm also interested in a comics viewer for the zaurus.
Ideally it would also read from a cbz/cbr file too...

As you're probably aware, there are a bunch of them for linux, but they all have some relatively heavyweight dependencies...

+Quote Post
stlang75
post Jan 27 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,434

Hi!
I don't know if you've found a good comic book reader.
I myself use comix on my linux desktop.
It's a python/sdl based comic book reader that works on images and archived images (tar/rar/zip/cbr). It should be easy enough to use on the Zaurus, but i just could not find all the needed packages on openzaurus.org ohmy.gif(

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 01:33 PM