4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Upgrading Your C*k, List of possible upgrades
Da_Blitz
post Oct 26 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #46

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,806

its posible and the method is easy to do however the complxity is in the seftware, you have to patch the bootloader and the kernel you are using

if you still want it i can give you the details on it. i never finished it off because i belive starting from scratch was a better idea

or if you are into BGA soldering you could just add higher density chips
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
enodr
post Oct 27 2006, 04:55 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 9,537

QUOTE(Da_Blitz @ Oct 26 2006, 11:37 PM)
its posible and the method is easy to do however the complxity is in the seftware, you have to patch the bootloader and the kernel you are using

if you still want it i can give you the details on it. i never finished it off because i belive starting from scratch was a better idea

or if you are into BGA soldering you could just add higher density chips

I am not afraid about the software part, I am definitively interested in the details! Would you post the details here, or in a separate thread for clarity?

+Quote Post
Da_Blitz
post Oct 29 2006, 11:01 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 6,806

basically you get the footprint of a bga part and turn it into a throgh hole footprint (ie drill all the way throgh),

you then design the rest of the board so that the 2 RAM BGA parts connect to the correct pins so basically the RAM chips are off to the side and are sitting next to a footprint copy of themselves that have holes going throgh the pcb

now you unsolder the ram and solder small pins or snipits of led/resistor legs to where the old ram was, the idea being that this lines up with the bga foot prints that are throgh hole

you then place the pcb you made over these "pins" and feed them throgh, soldering and cliping off the excess as you go

nice and easy however it might be easier to just unsolder and resolder the bga part, software wise you have to identify the boot parameters and modify them as the intel PXA chipset will need new size /bank parametors for the new ram chips (nothing a binary grep wont find)

+Quote Post
waalkman
post Jan 26 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 3,284

A how-to on getto BGA parts removal. Use at your own risk!

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?p...ame=WallabyJTAG

Edit:

And here's an interesting site (these pages deal with BGA rework):

http://www.solder.net/technical/bga.asp

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 03:37 PM