2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Xcas, Getting it to Work...
stuffman
post Oct 9 2005, 10:01 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,471

I'm thinking it's just that the version of libticalcs I was using doesn't like gcc 3.4.4 (particularly that #define line)- my linux box is using 4.0.2, and an older version is compiling sucessfully as we speak. I'll let you know if it works...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stuffman
post Oct 10 2005, 03:05 PM
Post #17

Well, the older version of libticalc didn't want to work with the version of tiemu I was building, so I went to SourceForge to look for an older version of it. They didn't have any old packages there, but they did have something even better: a new version! I downloaded all of the files, built them on my Z (only took about 4 hours), and everything worked! Well, except for make crashing at the very end of compiling. I assumed it was an out-of-memory error (something about being sent signal 15), so I set up a swap, ran make again (fortunately it's smart enough not to build something it already did), and I was all set.

I tried to pare down everything as much as possible (got rid of unnecessary documentation, stripped the binaries), but the program uses a lot of libraries. Everything together weighs in at around 23mb installed, so if anyone wants to disect the package and make it even leaner, please do. Right now, there are binaries for tclsh8.4 and wish8.4, along with a bunch of other libraries. I have a feeling if I were to try to get the stuff out of there, I'd build an .ipk that didn't work for anyone (remember, this is my first ever build of anything).

So, without further ado, I bring you my first ever package:

tiemu3

All you need to do is download a flash upgrade from Texas Instruments' website and copy it somewhere on your Zaurus. Run the program, choose the option to use a Flash Upgrade, point to it, and you're all set!

Again, thanks to everyone for helping my out. If I had any money (poor college student, yada yada yada), I would absolutely be donating, especially to the pdaXrom project. Since I don't, I guess getting some nice programs built for everyone is just about as good.

+Quote Post
pgas
post Oct 10 2005, 10:52 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 1,210

great!

Why did you include tcl-tk?
tcl tk is allready packaged in the "official" feed.

The native sdk image includes all the header files, you just need to install the libraries to compile against them.

To reduce the size of your ipk you can:
- strip the lib (.so ) if it's not allready the case
- make sure that the .so are linked and not copied
(ie in .../lib do a ls -al and if you don't see that libxxx.so is a link to libxxx.so.1.0.1 remove the lib libxxx.so and do a ln -s libxxx.so.1.0.1 libxxx.so), all libxxx.so.x should be links to the file with the complete version information
- remove the static lib (.a .la) as they are not used when the program is executing
- remove the include dirs .h

Ideally, when compiling a library it is a good thing to create 2 ipks, one containing only the .so libxxx_1.0.1_armv5tel.ipk for the users of an application that depends on it and one containing everything (.h .a .so etc...), libxxx-devel_1.0.1_armv5tel.ipk, so that someone needing this library to compile another application has everything he needs.

+Quote Post
Civil
post Oct 11 2005, 07:44 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 7,924

Unable to open this file: </usr/local/share/tiemu/skins/ipaq_ti92.skn>
(for every rom, except default V200PLT. For V200 - Error: object "::.srcwin0.srcwin.container.pane0.childsite.con" not found)
Solve: there is ipaq_92.skn, not ipaqti92.skn
And it is rother slow... (only when I've overclocked Z to 624MHz it runs al most normal)

+Quote Post
stuffman
post Oct 11 2005, 05:26 PM
Post #20

Yeah, I forgot to include the changed skin filename in my .ipk, I'll definately fix this up as I'm going to repackage everything and get rid of the stuff I don't need, etc.

Speaking of speed- I did notice that it is dog-ass slow, so does anyone know if there are any tricks I can do when compiling it that would speed it up a bit (like using -O2 or higher, etc.). I'm not all that familiar with makefiles and the like, but I'm sure there's some way to pass this on to all the stuff being compiled.

pgas- so with the whole tcl thing, I gather from what you're saying I can remove the tcl8.4, itcl3.2, tk8.4, and itk3.2 directories? Removing all that other stuff cut the size nearly in half, so now it's not so bloated.

You guys have been lots of help, and I really appreciate it all!

+Quote Post
pgas
post Oct 11 2005, 07:49 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 1,210

I am not sure that itk is availaible somewhere so you'll probably have to keep it in the ipk (or make a separate ipk)

In the control files you can add a line like
dep: tk tcl
for the dependencies (check if it is dep deps depends wink.gif first)

As for debug, there is a chance that the developers have included instructions as to how to optimize the build, check the INSTALL README and documentation files, also check the options of the configure script ./configure --help.

+Quote Post
Civil
post Oct 12 2005, 05:39 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 7,924

any tricks I can do when compiling it that would speed it up a bit

Maybe you should make 2 different binaries: with iWMMX (for C1000/3100) and without (for other. And for pdaXrom <RC12)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th August 2014 - 10:32 PM