Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sl-c3100
lemur
post Oct 28 2005, 07:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,417

I was doing some research on the SL-C3100. While reading about it on Dynamism it said, "The Zaurus OS has been approximately 97% converted from Japanese to English, so some incidental pull-down menus are not readable." So i got to wondering. GeekStuff4U
says "(English OS)". Does that mean it is converted 100%? Or would it be the same one that i could get from PriceJapan at a cheaper price? I was hoping to get some feedback from customers of either of these sites. Also, I was curious about what all comes with the C3100? What kind of cables/manuals/etc... Both websites seem to be lacking that information. I am sure that they don't just send the actual PDA and nothing else. I was going to send e-mails to both companies, but I figured it would be easier and more informative to get the feedback of actual customers. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bam
post Oct 29 2005, 12:21 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,306

look at the photo, it still has the Japanese input button, I say that its just a localization change is all. Short answer, yes its english, no not 100%. But dont worry the apps that you will use that have japanese in them can be replaced by other "better" apps.

Personally I recommend streamlinecpus, they have warrenty help if you need it. If you dont need it and cas is an issue go to pricejapan. But like I said the service is exceptional over at streamline.

+Quote Post
kurochka
post Nov 1 2005, 01:29 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,740

QUOTE(lemur @ Oct 28 2005, 07:35 PM)
I was doing some research on the SL-C3100.  While reading about it on Dynamism it said, "The Zaurus OS has been approximately 97% converted from Japanese to English, so some incidental pull-down menus are not readable."  So i got to wondering.  GeekStuff4U
says "(English OS)".  Does that mean it is converted 100%?  Or would it be the same one that i could get from PriceJapan at a cheaper price?  I was hoping to get some feedback from customers of either of these sites.  Also, I was curious about what all comes with the C3100?  What kind of cables/manuals/etc...  Both websites seem to be lacking that information.  I am sure that they don't just send the actual PDA and nothing else.  I was going to send e-mails to both companies, but I figured it would be easier and more informative to get the feedback of actual customers.  Any information is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

I think your question could get more responses if you posted it in cx000 general discussion section not in the Deals section

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 03:30 AM