OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Transplanting Screen From 6000 Into 3100, physically, yes. electrically???
bsaunder2002
post Nov 30 2005, 03:27 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,876

Another idea is to scan ebay for broken Z's.

I bought a sl-5500 for $25 bucks.

Typically what happens is "people forget that they have opposable thumbs", drop the Z, scren goes into "you're really ugly, I'm going to commit hari-kari" mode, and viola a perfectly functional Z that you can't read. Still usually fully functional(poweron logon USB ...)

Get a clamshell that has had an unenlightened owner and you have a cheap machine for hardware hacking.

Good luck
Bill
ps- now to figure out how to get dual CF and a USB host into my 5500...
pps- anyone thought of hacking a sandisk wifi/cf into a gprsmodem/microdrive combo?

QUOTE(guylhem @ Nov 22 2005, 11:02 AM)
Donations to paypal@externe.net are welcome - anything is welcome, if only to proof commitment to the work being done. Because honnestly, it doesn't cover costs - far from it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ragnorok
post Dec 13 2005, 08:26 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 781

QUOTE(kahm @ Nov 18 2005, 08:38 PM)
...[snip]...
available across the shortest dimension of the screen (left - right).

Well, the 3.7" screens are optimized the same way - across the short side of the screen,
...[snip]...

- Ding!! I noticed some time ago that viewing the C1K screen in "portrait" was significantly better than landscape. It's so dramatic that I'll sometimes look at it from the right of center, to "simulate" portrait, when the lighting conditions aren't that great, and I'm too lazy to bump the brightness. (grin) Bumping the brightness doesn't help, anyway ... the thing that's missing is contrast ... and it's just better from the "portrait" viewing angle. (shrug)
- I've chalked it up to a limitation of LCD screens. They all probably have some optimal viewing angle, and since the landscape format is vastly less common than the portrait, and these screens are probably used in a wide variety of products, it stands to reason the optimal orientation is portrait. Annoying, but understandable. (drool)
- Dasswuttitink, ittiz...

+Quote Post
eferrari
post Jan 20 2006, 07:29 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 100

Sorry for being clueless, but how would a 4inch screen fit into a 3.7inch bezel. Even if you chopped some of the frame away, would there be a large enough area?

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Jan 22 2006, 02:13 PM
Post #19

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(eferrari @ Jan 20 2006, 04:29 PM)
Sorry for being clueless,  but how would a 4inch screen fit into a 3.7inch bezel. Even if you chopped some of the frame away, would there be a large enough area?

When I hold my 6000 next to my 860, then it would seem there is enough space, but I don't know how much hardware there is hidden behind the frame - I would have to take them both apart and see whether it is possible!

+Quote Post
BarryW
post Jan 23 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 3,570

QUOTE(speculatrix @ Jan 22 2006, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE(eferrari @ Jan 20 2006, 04:29 PM)
Sorry for being clueless,  but how would a 4inch screen fit into a 3.7inch bezel. Even if you chopped some of the frame away, would there be a large enough area?

When I hold my 6000 next to my 860, then it would seem there is enough space, but I don't know how much hardware there is hidden behind the frame - I would have to take them both apart and see whether it is possible!

Not too much.

http://homepage.mac.com/barrywoods/PhotoAlbum30.html

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 09:47 PM