OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sl5600 Can't Execute Rc0.d, Rc6.d ?, fs is readonly, how do you get past?
SteveConley
post Jan 20 2006, 04:33 AM
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 37
Joined: 29-February 04
Member No.: 2,079



I am using the Watapon (1.6.1) ROM, an ext2 SD, a swapfile on same and putting the Python ext2 image.

With minor changes to some of the published scripts I have this working.

When I manually execute the scripts in rc0.d or rc6.d and the rc.5 everything works fine and the ext of the python image and the sd come up clean.

Unfortunately if I execute "shutdown -r now" or the reboot gui app, both ext systems come up not clean.

This matches the problem that I had with using a fat on the SD - eventually I would loose files.

On digging into this, I find that "apparently" the real rc.d is in /home/root/etc. This one is readonly and its own rc0.d and rc6.d that have only one entry "halt" and it is the halt in the /home/root/etc/init.d.

So it is my belief that the /etc/rc.d/rc0.d and rc6.d are not being executed at all when using shutdown or the gui app.

Is there a way around this? I can't figure out a way to really figure out what is executed in a power down (specifically on a Zaurus). I find plenty of docs on the specific startup, but not on shut down.

Does anyone have some clues I can follow?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
SteveConley
post Jan 22 2006, 05:14 PM
Post #2





Group: Members
Posts: 37
Joined: 29-February 04
Member No.: 2,079



Well, I found a way to make it work reliably. Not quite happy with it but it may explain the issues I have seen a number of people complain about.

It seems that one of the only ways to get code executed on shutdown or reboot via GUI is to put the code in /etc/rc.d/init.d/halt. Apparently none of the rc0.d or rc6.d stuff is "really" executed by Zaurus (at least on Watapon ROM 1.6.1). But I suspect this is a general Sharp ROM issue.

When I put the umount of the Python image, the swapoff and the umount of the SD card all in the halt - I get a clean remount every time!

And I got one ZERO times with the code in the "proper" places.

So I am going with that for the moment.

When I am confident that this setup works reliably for a month or so, I will post the exact setup on my site. (And a pointer here in the Watapon reference).
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th December 2014 - 07:41 PM