2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sl-c3200 Full Hd “openbsd Hallelujah”, Andy Installation Guide C3200 Version
hus
post Jul 29 2006, 01:58 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,193

QUOTE(mathemajikian @ Jul 29 2006, 07:39 PM)
cacko mounts /dev/mtdblock2 to / according to fstab. I cd /etc/pcmcia and did a 'more config'. I looked over everything that had ide mentioned and everything was already edited? There was nothing in the form ide-cs. I have attached the config file to this post. Let me know if you see anything wrong.

[attachment=2786:attachment]

wait!! you are using cacko? not the full HD install (tiny-rom) and files provided by Andy (iamasmith) in his guide?

if you want to use cacko and OpenBSD better to follow the official install guide here zaurus.INSTALL

basiclly install the ipk provided to install OpenBSD.

What i have mentioned it in this topic is the installation for FULL HD using small cutom rom been submeted by Andy here http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17213
using the file he provides and simple edit i have explain it in this post.

try to go back to iamasmith (Andy) guide and see what you have missed.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mathemajikian
post Jul 29 2006, 02:11 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 10,349

yes, I'm using cacko now since the full HD install of obsd failed using the initrd file provided by andy and the two files provided in your post. I want to perform full HD install but after I installed obsd via obsd and rebooted the boot loader could not find /bsd or /obsd and just dropped to shell. I'm going to try again. The only difference is that the hdd1,hdd2,hdd3 partitions are not corrupt but I dont think this is the issue since they are deleted during the install.

QUOTE(hus @ Jul 29 2006, 09:58 AM)
QUOTE(mathemajikian @ Jul 29 2006, 07:39 PM)
cacko mounts /dev/mtdblock2 to / according to fstab. I cd /etc/pcmcia and did a 'more config'. I looked over everything that had ide mentioned and everything was already edited? There was nothing in the form ide-cs. I have attached the config file to this post. Let me know if you see anything wrong.

[attachment=2786:attachment]

wait!! you are using cacko? not the full HD install (tiny-rom) and files provided by Andy (iamasmith) in his guide?

if you want to use cacko and OpenBSD better to follow the official install guide here zaurus.INSTALL

basiclly install the ipk provided to install OpenBSD.

What i have mentioned it in this topic is the installation for FULL HD using small cutom rom been submeted by Andy here http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17213
using the file he provides and simple edit i have explain it in this post.

try to go back to iamasmith (Andy) guide and see what you have missed.

+Quote Post
mathemajikian
post Jul 29 2006, 05:07 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 10,349

Got it installed!! Thanks for all the help! Works like a champ. I think I messed up the first time by selecting a mount point for partition a and not changing the config files correctly. I dont know. I'm off to build fluxbox! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
hus
post Jul 29 2006, 05:11 AM
Post #19

QUOTE(mathemajikian @ Jul 29 2006, 11:07 PM)
Got it installed!! Thanks for all the help! Works like a champ. I think I messed up the first time by selecting a mount point for partition a and not changing the config files correctly. I dont know. I'm off to build fluxbox! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! and welcome to FREE world :> (Keep it secret don't tell anyone it's free OS) tongue.gif

+Quote Post
hus
post Jul 29 2006, 05:41 AM
Post #20

Before i forgot! here is some tunning tips and starting xdm at startup, i'll drop them here and if you wonder what they do try to search the forum and google ( the guys who posted them they provide a lot of explanation specially Andy posts here regard fine tunning OpenBSD

***** NOTE: it's just to give an idea it may not reflect to what do u have in your config files, i just collect it from this forum and internet to boot to gui and gain little speed ******

CODE
vi /etc/sysctl.conf

vm.swapencrypt.enable=0
kern.stackgap_random=0

machdep.kbdreset=1
machdep.apmwarn=5
machdep.maxspeed=520

net.inet.tcp.recvspace=65536
net.inet.tcp.sendspace=65536

starting apmd, xdm and hotplugd
CODE
vi /etc/rc.conf

apmd_flags=""
hotplugd_flags=""
xdm_flags=""

adding softdep & noatime **depend on ur configuration not exactly the same**

CODE
vi /etc/fstab

/dev/wd0a / ffs rw,softdep,noatime 1 1
/dev/wd0b none swap sw 0 0

Turnning off ttyC0 and 1 to use xdm

CODE
vi /etc/ttys

ttyC0 "/usr/libexec/getty Pc" vt220 off secure
ttyC1 "/usr/libexec/getty Pc" vt220 off secure

finally the malloc thing in the console
CODE
ln -s 'azjgpHR' /etc/malloc.conf

AS I SAID B4 to have an idea you may search for more info
i'm not sure if that will give problems, but for me it looks ok (i only have a suspend problem) and it boots to xdm

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th July 2014 - 03:44 AM