OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Opera 7.25 Segmentation Fault, Appeared out of nowhere. What gives?
persona
post Aug 5 2006, 06:36 PM
Post #1





Group: Members
Posts: 6
Joined: 5-August 06
Member No.: 10,649



Hi everyone.

I'm new here, and just as new to the SL6000, or Linux for that matter. ;p

I got a second hand SL6000 with the default Sharp 1.12 ROM installed and all the default sharp applications is working fine. I installed Kismet, Nethack, Vectorioids and Kino2 and finally managed to get them working (after going thru many many posts!). However, I still can't get GAIM working.

Anyway, thing is, the default Opera 7.25 was working, then when I fired up Opera just a little while ago, it refuses to run. when I tried to run opera from the terminal, I get a Segmentation Fault.

Anyone with any ideas what could have been the cause of it. I figure that it could probably be one of th libaries I installed, but I'm not too sure which one.

As taken from my package installer for installed packages:
gconv-tiny 2.2.4-2
kino2 0.4.3c-1
kismet 2005-07-R1
kismet-qt 2.0.0
libSDL 1.2.6cvs-1
libSDL-image 1.2.3-1
libSDL-mixer 1.2.5cvs-1
libSDL-ttf 2.0.7-0
libfreetype 6.3.4-1
libgaim 0.73-1
libgaim-progocol-msn 0.73-1
libgaim-protocol-oscar 0.73-1
libgaim-ssl 0.73-1
libgcrypt1 1.1.9-3
libglib2.0 2.2.1
libgnutls7 0.8.10-2
libjpeg 6b-0
libpcap0 0.7.2
mplayer-w100 1.0pre5.2-1
qpe-filemanager-vga 1.5.0-2
qpe-gaim 0.4-1
qpe-nethack 3.4.2-2
qpe nethack-sounds 3.4.2-2
qpe-terminal-vga 1.5.0-3
vectoriods 1.1.0
zlib 1.1.2

that's all that i have installed.

I've tried searching for posts on segmentation fault for opera in particular, but I can't find any info particularily on how to fix it, rather than installing 7.55

Word of caution. extreme newbe here. I've been browsing thru the unofficial FAQ and how-tos, and it's like they are more geared towards the 5x00 series. I've yet to find info on getting to the maintenance menu. ;p

would I be better off resetting my 6000 back to it's default state and starting off from there again? or would it be easier to fix the problem, if anyone can realise the cause of it. btw, how would i go about resetting my z back to it's original state?

any help would be so much appreciated. smile.gif

- edit -
more packages i had installed:
libopie1 1.0.2
libpng12 1.2.5-10
treeexplorer 1.7.6
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
persona
post Aug 7 2006, 06:00 AM
Post #2





Group: Members
Posts: 6
Joined: 5-August 06
Member No.: 10,649



Anyone?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
lardman
post Aug 7 2006, 07:59 AM
Post #3





Group: Members
Posts: 4,515
Joined: 25-October 03
From: Bath, UK
Member No.: 464



It may be something like libjpeg or zlib which is now being used instead of the built-in.

Try running strace on the opera binary and see whether you can work out the function call that is causing the issue.

Si
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
persona
post Aug 10 2006, 06:33 AM
Post #4





Group: Members
Posts: 6
Joined: 5-August 06
Member No.: 10,649



QUOTE(lardman @ Aug 7 2006, 11:59 PM)
It may be something like libjpeg or zlib which is now being used instead of the built-in.

Try running strace on the opera binary and see whether you can work out the function call that is causing the issue.

Si
*


Hmm ... I've already formatted my zaurus back to it's original settings.

Still, at least I've learnt a new command, and that is strace. Will keep that in mind and try it out the next time something breaks.

Thanks again, lardman.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th December 2014 - 12:01 PM