OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Custom Keymappings?, especially sticky keys?
Meanie
post Sep 17 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,686

It would be nice to be able to generate custom keymappings in both OPIE and GPE. (in addition to just remapping the standard key mappings)

Sharp ROM and Cacko have a utility called keyhelper which allows users to enable sticky keys and also create keyboard shortcuts like Alt+Tab to switch tasks like in Windows smile.gif How can this be done in OPIE? Although OPIE seems like a nice replacement for Sharp/Cacko, the lack of this feature really makes it very unappealing since on a clamshell model, the keyboard is the main and most used interface to the Zaurus in addition to the stylus.

On most X servers, enabling accessx would enable sticky keys, which does not seem to work or is not very well documented in GPE. There is also a set of tools available to configure accessx features once enabled. It would be nice and very useful if the accessx tool (ax) was available for GPE.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
undrwater
post Jan 17 2007, 06:46 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 500

Let me bump this and add that I'd like to get the Fn key working with the Caps and Num modifiers.

I noticed the /etc/keymap-2.6.map file, but I don't think that will allow what I'm asking for.

Basically I just want to hit "Fn" + "Tab" and have it turn on caps lock...same for numlock.

Is this only done in the kernel?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 09:06 AM