Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wireless Keyboard (belkin), Getting a wireless keyboard working
hendrikxf
post Sep 28 2006, 01:57 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,543

Hi,

Anyone get a wireless keyboard working on the SIMpad? I've got a Belkin F8U1500 here... kbdd seems my best bet, but what kernel modules should be loaded and what device should I be using? (/dev/ttySA1??)

Any help appreciated...

Cheers

/Ferry
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mr_nice
post Oct 1 2006, 09:55 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,161

Hi,
all needed modules are compiled into the simpad linux kernel (if i remember right). I am not shure about the /dev/ adress- I will look at it as soon I find some time. More information about kbdd can be found here [1]. If you get into trouble just ask here again - next week I will have more time to explain it a bit better.
If you are able to use the keyboard please wirte it (althrought how you did it) on the wiki [2] smile.gif.

regards
nice

1 http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/kbdd
2 http://www.opensimpad.org

+Quote Post
hendrikxf
post Oct 17 2006, 04:52 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,543

QUOTE(mr_nice @ Oct 2 2006, 06:55 AM)
Hi,
all needed modules are compiled into the simpad linux kernel (if i remember right). I am not shure about the /dev/ adress- I will look at it as soon I find some time.  More information about kbdd  can be found here [1]. If you get into trouble just ask here again - next week I will have more time to explain it a bit better.

Thanks for the reply Mr Nice. I had a look at the kbdd source a while ago - it makes good sense to me... However, I don't know what device in /dev/ it should be listening to, how to "turn on" the ir port (is this required?) and what kernel modules I should have loaded. sad.gif

QUOTE(mr_nice @ Oct 2 2006, 06:55 AM)
If you are able to use the keyboard please wirte it (althrought how you did it) on the wiki [2] smile.gif

Of course! smile.gif Haven't figured it out yet though...

Cheers

Ferry

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 12:50 PM