Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help-can't Get Tkcvideo To Work!, Video on the Zaurus
Cyberdoc1971
post Sep 28 2006, 09:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,316

After a lot of consideration, I just bought TKCvideo from thekompany.com for my SL-C3100 using Crako 1.23 lite, and I can not get it to work. I have tried to have the app run from the program area and have my video files on the HDD. Then I tried variations of running the app on the CF or SD cards, and still no luck. I really need some help, if anyone has had any expierience with this application, I'd appreciate any advice.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Sep 28 2006, 01:49 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 809

dont bother with it. go down to my zaurusvideo tutorial. tells you how to get video running.

but dont install nothing because you have a videoplayer installed already called kino

+Quote Post
Cyberdoc1971
post Sep 28 2006, 06:26 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Cresho @ Sep 28 2006, 04:49 PM)
dont bother with it.  go down to my zaurusvideo tutorial.  tells you how to get video running. 

but dont install nothing because you have a videoplayer installed already called kino

I have Kino 2 on my C3100, and everything that I do will not bring up a movie file (mpeg). Usually it locks up, and I have to reboot the Z. Any ideas?

+Quote Post
bluedevils
post Sep 29 2006, 04:57 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 1,633

what's the details? How big is the file? Some of the bigger ones, I noticed kino2 does much better when running mplayer from commandline. The issue may be ram. Do you have swap enabled?

+Quote Post
Cyberdoc1971
post Sep 29 2006, 07:48 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(bluedevils @ Sep 29 2006, 07:57 AM)
what's the details?  How big is the file?  Some of the bigger ones, I noticed kino2 does much better when running mplayer from commandline.  The issue may be ram.  Do you have swap enabled?

No, I don't have the swap enabled. What size would be best and to which destination, the HDD or the SD?

+Quote Post
Cyberdoc1971
post Sep 29 2006, 08:40 AM
Post #6

I was also under the impression thet tkcVideo was one of the better video players. I just spent near $20 for it, I think I may have wasted my money on it. I did send in a bug report to them, but I think I need to contact them again on the problem to either get it fixed or try to get my money back.

+Quote Post
bluedevils
post Sep 29 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,633

kino2/mplayer is a much better video player. I don't use my tkcvideo anymore. In fact the only tkc apps that I still use are backup and shopper.

I use about 32MB on the HDD. SD is too slow and I think degrades quicker upon re-writes to the same space. I also overclock my Z to 612MHz.

+Quote Post
Cyberdoc1971
post Sep 29 2006, 12:34 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(bluedevils @ Sep 29 2006, 02:29 PM)
kino2/mplayer is a much better video player.  I don't use my tkcvideo anymore.  In fact the only tkc apps that I still use are backup and shopper.

I use about 32MB on the HDD.  SD is too slow and I think degrades quicker upon re-writes to the same space.  I also overclock my Z to 612MHz.

Still tinkering with it, but the only three choices I'm give in clock speeds are 412, 520, and 624mhz; also I'm concearned overclocking the processor. It's also possibe I may not have all of the correct libs installed, can you tell me the right ones and where to find them?

+Quote Post
Cyberdoc1971
post Sep 30 2006, 11:23 AM
Post #9

I think I'm going to give up on tkcVideo for right now, I was able to get kino2 running which I had a total crash, and installed the full version of Cacko 1.23 not the lite, and everything is running fine, thanks for all the help everyone. Guess I still have a lot to learn about this stuff, even though I've been a programmer for the older OS (DOS, UNIX, COBOL, FORTRAN, etc), thanks.

+Quote Post
Cyberdoc1971
post Sep 30 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #10

Looks like I'm back to square one, after I got all of my apps back on my Z, Kino2 is now not working at all. It tries to start and than shuts down. Anybody have any ideas?

+Quote Post
Jon_J
post Sep 30 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 8,821

Try this, your problem may be related to an incomplete or wrong "Playlist.m3u" file.
Since you have used kino before, and you may have a setting in Prefrences > Playlist checked, this may be your problem.
(I don't remeber which setting causes this, but this has happened to me in the past).
Some settings are checked by default.
Kino may be looking for a movie that is no longer available in the "Playlist.m3u" file.
Look here and delete "Playlist.m3u"
/hdd3/Documents/.playlist/
(any file or folder that starts with a period '.' is hidden, make sure you can see hidden files in your filemanager)
You'll need a "Real" filemanager, the Qtopia files tab wont let you view hidden files.
Now you should be able to restart kino, and it will rebuild the playlist.
Once you have it running, uncheck some of the options on the Playlist tab under Prefrences.

+Quote Post
Cyberdoc1971
post Sep 30 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Jon_J @ Sep 30 2006, 11:07 PM)
Try this, your problem may be related to an incomplete or wrong "Playlist.m3u" file.
Since you have used kino before, and you may have a setting in Prefrences > Playlist checked, this may be your problem.
(I don't remeber which setting causes this, but this has happened to me in the past).
Some settings are checked by default.
Kino may be looking for a movie that is no longer available in the "Playlist.m3u" file.
Look here and delete "Playlist.m3u"
/hdd3/Documents/.playlist/
(any file or folder that starts with a period '.' is hidden, make sure you can see hidden files in your filemanager)
You'll need a "Real" filemanager, the Qtopia files tab wont let you view hidden files.
Now you should be able to restart kino, and it will rebuild the playlist.
Once you have it running, uncheck some of the options on the Playlist tab under Prefrences.

Thanks for the tip, after yet another reinstall of Cacko 1.23, I was able to get everything where it is supposed to be, and just made a decent backup. Hopefully I wont have any more problem like this.

+Quote Post
Cyberdoc1971
post Oct 1 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Cresho @ Sep 28 2006, 04:49 PM)
dont bother with it.  go down to my zaurusvideo tutorial.  tells you how to get video running. 

Looks like I got the bugs worked out of kino2, your tutorial helped. In the option line I found it better to use the "-fs" only and overclock the cpu, with the other after the video plays the screen does not refresh. I was wondering if there were any other commands for the advanced options line? Since I have Kino2 working, I'll have to try to get my mone back.

+Quote Post
Cresho
post Oct 1 2006, 12:50 PM
Post #14

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 809

yep, cacko screen does not refresh. I read somewhere you can run a application on full screen and then shut it down to refresh. There is also a command but it is unknown to me.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 06:40 AM