OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Korgnanizer Pim / Kopi Still Alive?, is this project still under development?
vputz
post Oct 18 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,529

QUOTE(swing @ Oct 18 2006, 01:49 PM)
I hope zautrix is still working on the KOPI projects,

Well, while it's true that no new Z has broken the existing apps, the development of OZ/GPE means that now we have a very good platform that evidently Ko/Pi doesn't compile to... and while I respect Qtopia, I feel like GPE is the future of OZ innovation in several ways. I'd love to run OZ/GPE, but all my data is in Ko/Pi format and I've come to rely on the app a bit.

So it could sure use some maintenance to build for GPE!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bluedevils
post Oct 18 2006, 12:08 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 1,633

actually kopi and kapi data files can be used with other apps or imported into other standard linux pim apps. Since gpe is X11, it might not be too hard to migrate your data to new pim software for GPE.

+Quote Post
vputz
post Oct 23 2006, 05:16 AM
Post #18

QUOTE(bluedevils @ Oct 18 2006, 08:08 PM)
actually kopi and kapi data files can be used with other apps or imported into other standard linux pim apps.  Since gpe is X11, it might not be too hard to migrate your data to new pim software for GPE.

True, blue, but the nice thing about ko/pi was that it really was (for the most part) platform independent and could fairly seamlessly sync between them--so keeping, say, addressbook data sorted between the zaurus, my desktop, and (most importantly) my wife's Windows computer was easy and "just worked", a luxury I didn't see in the GPE apps.

+Quote Post
Chero
post Oct 23 2006, 08:49 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 2,962

QUOTE(vputz @ Oct 23 2006, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE(bluedevils @ Oct 18 2006, 08:08 PM)
actually kopi and kapi data files can be used with other apps or imported into other standard linux pim apps.  Since gpe is X11, it might not be too hard to migrate your data to new pim software for GPE.

True, blue, but the nice thing about ko/pi was that it really was (for the most part) platform independent and could fairly seamlessly sync between them--so keeping, say, addressbook data sorted between the zaurus, my desktop, and (most importantly) my wife's Windows computer was easy and "just worked", a luxury I didn't see in the GPE apps.

I love Ko/Pi, Ka/Pi, PwM/Pi, ....

Just changed this one a bit :
True, blue, but the nice thing about ko/pi is that it really is (for the most part) platform independent and can fairly seamlessly sync between them--so keeping, say, addressbook data sorted between the zaurus, my desktop, and (most importantly) my wife's Windows computer was (is) easy and "just worked"("just works"), a luxury I didn't see in the GPE apps.

Ko/Pi still is the best ! I'll keep on using it on my desktop, my Z and my Win2K pc at work.

Chero.

+Quote Post
daniel3000
post Oct 23 2006, 09:25 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 7,027

I agree they are great!
However, at work I am forced to use Outlock, so it would be nice if there was a way to sync.
What about this Outlook<->.ics sync? Does anyone know a solution? This would indeed be a good beginning!

daniel

+Quote Post
Chero
post Oct 23 2006, 10:41 AM
Post #21

QUOTE(daniel3000 @ Oct 23 2006, 06:25 PM)
I agree they are great!
However, at work I am forced to use Outlock, so it would be nice if there was a way to sync.
What about this Outlook<->.ics sync? Does anyone know a solution? This would indeed be a good beginning!

daniel

atm i'm trying to sync a windows mobile phone <-> kopi. I'm still suffering with the time zone, but this should be solvable.
Don't know if I can make the Z tell it's an activesync partner to a desktop pc. (I managed to do it to the phone).
The code of the .ics plugin I use seems quite readable. If someone has the time to add "todo" and "contacts" support for it, you're welcome. I have other things to finish before I can start this. For now it only has calendar support.
There also exists a python-plugin and some python-.ics modules. So if someone is an experienced python writer, maybe that might be the way to go.
In fact, you're asking your question too soon. I wanted to figure out the possibility of a connection to activesync first.
Multisync (opensync) takes care of the syncing itself, the plugins are there to talk to the specific apps (kaddressbook, evolution, ...). Since the .ics not a binary (db) format, it shouldn't be too hard to change the plugin we need.

Comments are welcome,
Chero.

+Quote Post
alban42
post Oct 24 2006, 02:33 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 7,729

QUOTE(bluedevils @ Oct 18 2006, 09:08 PM)

i have just moved from TheSharp Rom (Trisift Zaurus 3200) To OZ ... 3.4.1?

Can You Tell Me Where The ics Fils can Be Found (I have KOpi 2.27)

also

Whats The Limit on datafile size I am Beginning To Think Kopi Throws Away Old Data As I Have Enterys From Early 2006 that have Titles in Them But No Reemarks & i would try to look in the raw data ??

thanks for any info

+Quote Post
vputz
post Oct 25 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #23

I appreciate the enthusiasm, Chero, and yes, I'm still using Ko/Pi and Oz/Opie. But I do believe that the future of OZ is in GPE, and Ko/Pi doesn't work there, so unless someone grabs the maintenance of it and figures out how to build the silly thing, its future is certainly limited, and having no active maintainer currently makes it an abandoned project--and that's never a good thing.

+Quote Post
daniel3000
post Oct 26 2006, 07:54 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 7,027

well, in pdaXrom it works quite beautifully. Would need some optimizations with window sizes etc., but it is very usable.
So it should also work in OZ/GPE, shouldn't it?

daniel

+Quote Post
Chero
post Oct 26 2006, 08:29 AM
Post #25

I believe the pdaX-ipk of kdepimpi 2.2.7 could work in oz/gpe.

In the days before there was a qt3-compatible-zgcc image for compiling apps natively in pdaX, I used to compile some qt3-apps using a debian chroot (pocketworkstation) and they worked fine in native pdaX.
This makes me think qt3-apps only use qt3-libs and no other libs (or almost none).

If OZ/GPE has qt3-libs, you might want to try the pdaX-ipk. It might just work, then again, it might not .... . I'm only guessing.

Don't blame me if it breaks your installation, but if I were you, I'd at least try.

About the syncing : all went well for 2 weeks, then I ran into troubles. This means some work has to be done. (and it won't be right now - too busy these days)

Chero.

+Quote Post
hvontres
post Oct 26 2006, 09:01 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 7,121

QUOTE(vputz @ Oct 25 2006, 04:38 PM)
I appreciate the enthusiasm, Chero, and yes, I'm still using Ko/Pi and Oz/Opie.  But I do believe that the future of OZ is in GPE, and Ko/Pi doesn't work there, so unless someone grabs the maintenance of it and figures out how to build the silly thing, its future is certainly limited, and having no active maintainer currently makes it an abandoned project--and that's never a good thing.

Actually, HRW got started on that:

OpenEmbedded bug # 371

It does compile, now somebody just needs to sit down and figure out the packaging issues.

+Quote Post
grahamj
post Oct 26 2006, 12:18 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 3,974

QUOTE(ztep @ Oct 17 2006, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE(nowhereman @ Oct 17 2006, 09:28 AM)

The same question about qpegps
http://sourceforge.net/projects/qpegps/]http://sourceforge.net/projects/qpegps

nothing since 2006-02-02

Currently, I'm working on some modifications on qpeGPS (mainly support to tiled maps). I think that in 4-6 weeks I will release a new version.

If you have a new feature or bug to be corrected post it, and I will look if I can solve it.

Interestingly I have just been working on updating Qpegps to use gpsd 2.3X, and just about have something ready for testing.

With the new features in later gpsd versions it will be possible to add new information to that produced by qpegps. At the moment I am worrying about getting the basic software working - my current test is directly linking with the gpsd library, avoiding the need to start and stop gpsd all the time.

I haven't seen anybody else comment about having tried this recently - am I the only one?

+Quote Post
hvontres
post Oct 26 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 7,121

QUOTE(grahamj @ Oct 26 2006, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE(ztep @ Oct 17 2006, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE(nowhereman @ Oct 17 2006, 09:28 AM)

The same question about qpegps
http://sourceforge.net/projects/qpegps/]http://sourceforge.net/projects/qpegps

nothing since 2006-02-02

Currently, I'm working on some modifications on qpeGPS (mainly support to tiled maps). I think that in 4-6 weeks I will release a new version.

If you have a new feature or bug to be corrected post it, and I will look if I can solve it.

Interestingly I have just been working on updating Qpegps to use gpsd 2.3X, and just about have something ready for testing.

With the new features in later gpsd versions it will be possible to add new information to that produced by qpegps. At the moment I am worrying about getting the basic software working - my current test is directly linking with the gpsd library, avoiding the need to start and stop gpsd all the time.

I haven't seen anybody else comment about having tried this recently - am I the only one?

Wow, how cool. I just managed to get the current CVS version to build for OpenZaurus and It kind of works. It looks like one of the previous maintainers tried to switch everything to raw mode for compatibility I guess.

The client seems to be working, but the download button crashes and the map coordinates are off..sad.gif

I think We should maybe start a new topic for this smile.gif

I would definitely like to try your version.

+Quote Post
jerrybme
post Oct 27 2006, 09:49 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 401

QUOTE(hvontres @ Oct 26 2006, 11:01 AM)
QUOTE(vputz @ Oct 25 2006, 04:38 PM)
I appreciate the enthusiasm, Chero, and yes, I'm still using Ko/Pi and Oz/Opie.  But I do believe that the future of OZ is in GPE, and Ko/Pi doesn't work there, so unless someone grabs the maintenance of it and figures out how to build the silly thing, its future is certainly limited, and having no active maintainer currently makes it an abandoned project--and that's never a good thing.

Actually, HRW got started on that:

OpenEmbedded bug # 371

It does compile, now somebody just needs to sit down and figure out the packaging issues.

I've used hrw's kopi for x11 bb file and gotten the files to compile without error however, I've not been able to get them to work. They max out the cpu and don't throw any errors. It is beyond my meager skills.

It'd be great if someone could get kopi to work on GPE/OZ

Cheers

+Quote Post
jerrybme
post Nov 3 2006, 06:24 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 401

Too bad Zautrix isn't still active with kdepim, I've been using google calendar and am able to sync with GroupWise and then syncing the ics file manually from google onto my Z. Unfortunately, it's not a 2-way sync. There is an API that google has that could be used to perform a two way sync with Google calendar http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/calendar.html

It'd be a nice enhancement and finally a way to sync for those Outlook users. laugh.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2014 - 11:56 PM