OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is There A Prob With Attached Pics On Forum?, enlarging pic results in page of code
Jon_J
post Mar 13 2007, 09:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,821

This just happened, it was working normally earlier today.
When I click on an attached picture, where it says, "click to enlarge", I get a page of code that looks like I opened a picture in a text editor.

I haven't done anything to this computer, such as install/uninstall anything.
Does anyone know what happened to the attached pics?
EDIT:
I just logged on with my Cacko Zaurus, using Opera, and when I click an attached pic, the resulting page is also all code like above on my desktop PC with Firefox.

So, it must not be me, there must be something that has gone wrong with the forum.

This post has been edited by Jon_J: Mar 13 2007, 09:43 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Drake01
post Mar 13 2007, 09:58 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,483

QUOTE(Jon_J @ Mar 13 2007, 12:36 PM)
When I click on an attached picture, where it says, "click to enlarge", I get a page of code that looks like I opened a picture in a text editor.

Yeah, I get the same thing. If I save the file to disk and open it from there, then I can view the image. My browser is interpreting the file as text.

+Quote Post
Jon_J
post Mar 13 2007, 10:35 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,821

QUOTE(Drake01 @ Mar 13 2007, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE(Jon_J @ Mar 13 2007, 12:36 PM)

Yeah, I get the same thing. If I save the file to disk and open it from there, then I can view the image. My browser is interpreting the file as text.

How do you know if the pic is a JPG or PNG or BMP?
the file save as dialog wants to save as index.php.html, so you have to select the correct extension, otherwise the picture won't open in a viewer

+Quote Post
Drake01
post Mar 13 2007, 01:15 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,483

QUOTE(Jon_J @ Mar 13 2007, 01:35 PM)
How do you know if the pic is a JPG or PNG or BMP?
the file save as dialog wants to save as index.php.html, so you have to select the correct extension, otherwise the picture won't open in a viewer

Well, I just took a quick glance at the New Package Announcement thread and it looks like most of us geeks are posting PNG's. The others I saw were JPG's. I don't know if there are any BMP's in this forum, but there might be.

For a PNG, the letters "PNG" appear in the first several characters of the text. For JPG's, it seems that the letters "JFIF" appear consistently (from my quick sample). I'm also able to get the filename by hovering my mouse over the thumbnail, but I realize that might not work easily for all browsers and platforms.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 04:03 AM