OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Good Prce On A Replacement Battery For The 3100?
jpmatrix
post Dec 5 2007, 04:30 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,477

QUOTE(pelrun @ Dec 5 2007, 05:06 AM) *
I tried the foil route with my 3rd-party batteries and didn't have much luck, even though I could get the charging light to stay on. Using a hobby knife/scalpel to cut away the thin plastic strip between the bottom edge of each terminal and the case seam did wonders to get the battery working, and it only took 30 seconds biggrin.gif

The problem isn't really that the contacts are too deep, but that plastic strip presses against the spring contacts and keeps them from reaching the terminals.

yeah smile.gif i think it's the final decision i'll take but i wanted to have the answer of braunoni before doing that smile.gif
i'll let you know
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jpmatrix
post Dec 5 2007, 10:34 AM
Post #17

QUOTE(pelrun @ Dec 5 2007, 05:06 AM) *
I tried the foil route with my 3rd-party batteries and didn't have much luck, even though I could get the charging light to stay on. Using a hobby knife/scalpel to cut away the thin plastic strip between the bottom edge of each terminal and the case seam did wonders to get the battery working, and it only took 30 seconds biggrin.gif
The problem isn't really that the contacts are too deep, but that plastic strip presses against the spring contacts and keeps them from reaching the terminals.

you were right ! i took a swiss knife and i completely remove the two middle plastic strip and now it seems to work ! let's have a full charge to see how much time it can handle now wink.gif

thanks for your help!

ps: i think i'll put a picture here to help smile.gif

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post Dec 25 2007, 03:07 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 10,575

I just got one of these batteries, and feel obligated to share my experiences. You do need to carve some plastic away from the terminals AND add some tape (3-5 layers of Scotch for me) on the back (side opposite the terminals) for it to work*, as has been reported. It feels a bit tighter getting it in vertically, but is horizontally shorter (hence the tape on the back). Haven't gotten around to testing yet, will report when I do.

*Works fine out of the box on my C750 (used to charge the first time as I was using the C3100 at the time).

+Quote Post
cycle_55
post Dec 25 2007, 06:28 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 9,143

QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Dec 25 2007, 03:07 PM) *
I just got one of these batteries, and feel obligated to share my experiences. You do need to carve some plastic away from the terminals AND add some tape (3-5 layers of Scotch for me) on the back (side opposite the terminals) for it to work*, as has been reported. It feels a bit tighter getting it in vertically, but is horizontally shorter (hence the tape on the back). Haven't gotten around to testing yet, will report when I do.

*Works fine out of the box on my C750 (used to charge the first time as I was using the C3100 at the time).

I am using a couple of them and have found them to work well. Instead of carving away some of the plastic on the contact end, I rub it on a piece of sandpaper briefly and find that i get a better finish than carving with a knife.

cycle_55

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post Dec 25 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #20

Why didn't I think of that? It's much simpler/safer/tidier than the knife method.

You're a genius! smile.gif

+Quote Post
jpmatrix
post Dec 26 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #21

QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Dec 26 2007, 05:56 AM) *
Why didn't I think of that? It's much simpler/safer/tidier than the knife method.

yes!!! i'll try tonight
i had a charge trouble yesterday, i could not light the zaurus with the new battery, although i let it charge all the day.... hopefully i had my old battery and it was ok with it .... i've to look up what was the problem......

+Quote Post
cycle_55
post Dec 26 2007, 08:27 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 9,143

QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Dec 25 2007, 08:56 PM) *

You're welcome, but genius is kind a a strong word smile.gif the plastic sands reeeely easily....use a fine grit and don't sand too much. Thanks.

cycle_55

+Quote Post
Capn_Fish
post Jan 4 2008, 11:50 AM
Post #23

The battery seems to be working well and gives maybe an extra hour of runtime (when doing CPU-intensive tasks, like playing Freeciv). I did have to add a few more layers of tape to make it stay in better, but otherwise no problems.

I would definitely recommend this battery, especially at that price.

+Quote Post
Drake01
post Jan 4 2008, 02:27 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 9,483

QUOTE(Capn_Fish @ Jan 4 2008, 01:50 PM) *
I would definitely recommend this battery, especially at that price.

I didn't notice the part about free worldwide shipping. I figured the shipping & handling charges would be the deal breaker, but if the listed price is the total amount you pay, that really is a great deal!

Now I'm wishing I had a battery charger! smile.gif

+Quote Post
martinbogo
post Jan 11 2008, 03:18 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 7,930

QUOTE(pelrun @ Dec 4 2007, 09:06 PM) *

I have also purchased these replacement batteries. They are wonderful, but do require a small bit of delicate modification to trim away the plastic. A steady hand with an X-acto knife, or a dremel, makes short work of this ... but voids the battery warranty.

+Quote Post
the_oak
post Jul 22 2008, 04:29 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 1,794

I bought one of these from http://www.batteryupgrade.com/ and was prepared to have to shave the plastic around the contacts. They must have fixed that issue, because I didn't have to trim the plastic at all. (Either that, or the C1000 is built slightly different from the 3x00 series.)

I've been using it without problems for about 2 weeks.

+Quote Post
sds
post Jul 22 2008, 10:37 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 6,635

http://conics.net/catalog/product_info.php...;products_id=39

+Quote Post
zzephr
post Oct 7 2008, 09:32 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 22,520

I am looking for a battery for my C750 too.

the battery on http://www.batteryupgrade.com looks like the one on ebay (search for EA-BL08) which is much cheaper.

Z

QUOTE(the_oak @ Jul 22 2008, 08:29 AM) *
I bought one of these from http://www.batteryupgrade.com/ and was prepared to have to shave the plastic around the contacts. They must have fixed that issue, because I didn't have to trim the plastic at all. (Either that, or the C1000 is built slightly different from the 3x00 series.)

I've been using it without problems for about 2 weeks.

+Quote Post
xamindar
post Jun 6 2010, 01:24 AM
Post #29

Member No.: 2,368

Are your batteries from this site still going strong? I have bought cheap batteries for my small devices before and they end up lasting less then the original older battery after a couple of months.

+Quote Post
cpulster
post Sep 28 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 8,569

Sharp Zaurus Shop www.pulster.de - we still stock the batteries, thanks. Chris

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 08:03 AM