OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Clean, Fresh, Configured Eabi Rootfs Tarball, last updated 080416; see the first post
axeTail
post Apr 8 2008, 01:13 AM
Post #271

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,073

QUOTE(ZDevil @ Apr 8 2008, 09:44 AM) *
How did you uncompress the rootfs tarball?
Can you find /etc/inittab in the rootfs (you can check in the linux emergency cnosole)?

Hi ZDevil,

I have that file. I unzipped it then coppied it accross to hda1. I experienced problems trying to execute tar -xjpf zaurus_eabi_rootfs_071201.tar.bz2 -C to hda1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
axeTail
post Apr 8 2008, 01:43 AM
Post #272

Can you find /etc/inittab in the rootfs (you can check in the linux emergency cnosole)?

I have repartitioned the hard drive. Swap in the first partition and rootfs in the second.

When I execute tar -xjpf zaurus_eabi_rootfs_071201.tar.bz2 -C /mnt/ide2

I get the following error :

tar : bzip2: Cannot exec: No such file or directory
tar : Child returned status 2

+Quote Post
ZDevil
post Apr 8 2008, 04:34 AM
Post #273

Member No.: 2,882

QUOTE(axeTail @ Apr 8 2008, 11:43 AM) *

I have repartitioned the hard drive. Swap in the first partition and rootfs in the second.
When I execute tar -xjpf zaurus_eabi_rootfs_071201.tar.bz2 -C /mnt/ide2
I get the following error :
tar : bzip2: Cannot exec: No such file or directory
tar : Child returned status 2

In your case you may try extracting the tarball before flashing the kernel. Don't do it in the linux emergency console as it doesn't seem to be able to handle the uncompression. The best way is to do it on another *nix box.
And now since you have your rootfs on hda2, you should use the yonggun kernel for hda2, not the one for hda1.

+Quote Post
flavien
post Apr 8 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #274

Member No.: 7,920

QUOTE(ZDevil @ Apr 8 2008, 01:34 PM) *
In your case you may try extracting the tarball before flashing the kernel. Don't do it in the linux emergency console as it doesn't seem to be able to handle the uncompression. The best way is to do it on another *nix box.

I copy tar et bzip from a Cacko rootfs (same kernel as emergency boot 2.4.20), to my sdcard, boot in emergency mode, then unlink tar et use bin from my sD.
It works. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
urkden
post Apr 8 2008, 05:21 PM
Post #275

Member No.: 13,382

QUOTE(flavien @ Apr 9 2008, 02:45 AM) *

I copy tar et bzip from a Cacko rootfs (same kernel as emergency boot 2.4.20), to my sdcard, boot in emergency mode, then unlink tar et use bin from my sD.
It works. tongue.gif

Or... you can "unbzip" the tar in any machine (*nix or windows with, for example, 7z) and just run "-xpf" command instead of "-xjpf"

P.D.: just waiting the new tarball to see all the improvements ZDevil has done.

+Quote Post
axeTail
post Apr 9 2008, 04:04 AM
Post #276

QUOTE(urkden @ Apr 9 2008, 03:21 AM) *
QUOTE(flavien @ Apr 9 2008, 02:45 AM) *

It works. tongue.gif

Or... you can "unbzip" the tar in any machine (*nix or windows with, for example, 7z) and just run "-xpf" command instead of "-xjpf"

P.D.: just waiting the new tarball to see all the improvements ZDevil has done.

I got it working yesterday. Thanks for all the support. I'm impressed it's fast smile.gif Well done All.

One more question, I don't have a wifi card, how can I setup usb networking? Thanks.

+Quote Post
canguy247
post Apr 9 2008, 04:36 AM
Post #277

Member No.: 13,740

QUOTE(axeTail @ Apr 9 2008, 08:04 AM) *
I got it working yesterday. Thanks for all the support. I'm impressed it's fast smile.gif Well done All.

One more question, I don't have a wifi card, how can I setup usb networking? Thanks.

Here it is: Usb Networking Post

+Quote Post
hch
post Apr 24 2008, 05:28 AM
Post #278

Member No.: 9,339

hi zdevil and all,

i just installed debian on my z - and it's just wonderful! thanks so much for this post and tarball.

+Quote Post
dkm
post Apr 27 2008, 02:17 PM
Post #279

Member No.: 10,994

In watching my system boot, I noticed the following line & wondered if it was something to be concerned about:

Mount failed or selinuxfs on /seliunx: no such file of directory

+Quote Post
Shem
post Jun 25 2008, 01:35 AM
Post #280

Member No.: 15,121

Just installed XFCE4 (SL-C3200), but the screen is rotated the whole time.. I tried to edit .xinitrc, but still the same problem sad.gif..

Idea anyone?

Fixed, had to comment out icewm and insert startxfce4 smile.gif

+Quote Post
xamindar
post Jul 3 2008, 03:42 AM
Post #281

Member No.: 2,368

I didn't find this mentioned anywhere...

How big do you recomend to make the swap? 256M? 512M?
And, the root should be aroung 1 gig right? Should it be bigger?

+Quote Post
scottlfa
post Jul 17 2008, 04:36 PM
Post #282

Member No.: 20,773

Mines 256 MB Swap

Never found a solution too the /selinux message in boot.

+Quote Post
rod
post Jul 19 2008, 11:14 AM
Post #283

Member No.: 21,094

Wow! After using angstrom for some months, I've just installed the tarball and yonggun 2.6.24 kernel on my sl-c3200 internal drive. I'd like to say thanks for this tremendous piece of work. It's great to have a comprehensive system with online man pages and all the command line tools. The install was straightforward.

In case anyone is thinking of doing the same, here is a summary of the only things that have bothered me at all:

(1) The "/," key when unshifted defaults to "," in the console but "/" in the x terminal.

(2) I can't find a way to type "`" (backquote) character on the keyboard. Some shell scripts need it.

(3) The g_file_storage module doesn't work, which means that the Z can't look like a mass storage device to a PC. DMA errors are reported and bus resets. It has never worked under angstrom either, so I think sadly the pxa2xx_udc driver has a long-term (permanent?) unfixed bug.

(4) The most serious thing is that the cursor is very jittery when the touchscreen is touched making it quite hard to hit the small buttons on the title bars. It is useable, but a bit frustrating and possibly a show-stopper. I know this has been discussed in the forums but I don't think any solution has been found and it seems not everyone experiences it. Inspecting the output of /dev/input/ts0 with no xserver indicates that the driver is producing noisy X coordinate values (even going below 0 if on left edge of screen). It looks as if the tslib filters are doing their best to smooth things out but the noise is too great. Angstrom works fine in this area. Could it be a subtle kernel timing issue, related to some other configuration issue (root device?

Rod

+Quote Post
HRH_H_Crab
post Jul 28 2008, 11:34 AM
Post #284

Member No.: 11,035

This looks awesome! Great work!
I've noticed a couple of strange problems though (btw. I'm using the yonggun kernel and on a 3200):

1./ there is some sort of extremely strict password policy enforced which means I have to change roots password on login.
2./ im getting an error about ifup and ifdown not being able to read /etc/network/interfaces.

Could this be an issue with the install?

+Quote Post
HRH_H_Crab
post Jul 28 2008, 11:42 AM
Post #285

Member No.: 11,035

QUOTE(HRH_H_Crab @ Jul 28 2008, 08:34 PM) *
1./ there is some sort of extremely strict password policy enforced which means I have to change roots password on login.

Creating a non root user has fixed this! biggrin.gif

The network problem was a mistake in the syntax of /etc/network/interfaces.

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 07:15 AM