OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gnumeric On Eabi, Importing xls solved by new packages from ZDevil !!
ZDevil
post Mar 22 2008, 02:57 PM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,882

According to the gnumeric doc,
F4 = repeat the last action
F9 = recalculate

I suspect the num key 4 also got confused with F4, like 1 and F1. But I am not sure about 9.
There seems to be no way to customize the keyboard shortcuts in gnumeric, or not?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZDevil
post Mar 23 2008, 12:48 AM
Post #17

Another very dirty hack (into yelp). This will make sure "1" "4" and "9" behave themselves in gnumeric...

First, edit /usr/bin/yelp like this:
CODE
xmodmap -e 'keysym 0x31 = 1'
xmodmap -e 'keysym 0x34 = 4'
xmodmap -e 'keysym 0x39 = 9'

Second, start gnumeric from the terminal by "yelp && gnumeric".
It works at least...
I know this is terribly ugly.
Perhaps we need file a bug report somewhere (debian armel, gnumeric, gnome)?

[EDIT]
Editing /usr/share/applications/gnumeric.desktop like this does NOT work (no effect; num keys remain naughty until "1" is pressed)
CODE
Exec=yelp && gnumeric

Had a look at http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-e...#exec-variables , but cannot find useful info.

This post has been edited by ZDevil: Mar 23 2008, 01:14 AM
Reason for edit: Correction of details

+Quote Post
apink
post Mar 23 2008, 08:22 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 7,764

This works just fine. I start my spreadsheets from a script so it is no extra work except to put yelp && into the script.

I have also been wondering about filing a bug report, but am intimidated by the whole process: never done it before, don't know where it should go, unsure of who is in charge of debian on the zaurus . . .

+Quote Post
ZDevil
post Mar 23 2008, 09:34 AM
Post #19

I guess the simplest way for now is: edit the yelp script as posted. Then press "1" (i.e. to run the hacked "yelp") once inside gnumeric and then things will run fine for the whole session.

+Quote Post
urkden
post Mar 24 2008, 12:22 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 13,382

With newest 1.8.2-1 gnumeric from debian official the problem persists.

+Quote Post
ZDevil
post Apr 2 2008, 09:56 PM
Post #21

Enchanced fix. Again, rename the original "/usr/bin/yelp" to something else, e.g. "/usr/bin/yelp.orig" (you need to install the yelp package first), and then create a new /usr/bin/yelp file with this content:
CODE
#!/bin/sh
xmodmap -e 'keysym 0x31 = 1 exclam'
xmodmap -e 'keysym 0x34 = 4 dollar'
xmodmap -e 'keysym 0x39 = 9 parenright'

Save and then do "chmod 755 /usr/bin/yelp".
After opening gnome applications, like gnumeric and epiphany browser, press [1] once. This should make [1], [4], [9] produce "1", "4" and "9", and Shift [1], [4], [9] to produce "!", "$", ")" respectively. i.e. the normal behavior. wink.gif
I have just tested the number keys [1]-[0], all keys are working with the right symbols with [Shift].
Please test to see if any other key are misbehaving. I will then make/include this into a new scriptpack and let users just run a simple "./install.sh" to fix this.

This post has been edited by ZDevil: Apr 3 2008, 01:48 AM
Reason for edit: Correct a typo.

+Quote Post
ArchiMark
post Apr 3 2008, 09:25 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 208

QUOTE(ZDevil @ Apr 2 2008, 10:56 PM) *
Enchanced fix. Again, rename the original "/usr/bin/yelp" to something else, e.g. "/usr/bin/yelp.orig" (you need to install the yelp package first), and then create a new /usr/bin/yelp file with this content:
CODE
#!/bin/sh
xmodmap -e 'keysym 0x31 = 1 exclam'
xmodmap -e 'keysym 0x34 = 4 dollar'
xmodmap -e 'keysym 0x39 = 9 parenright'

Save and then do "chmod 755 /usr/bin/yelp".
After opening gnome applications, like gnumeric and epiphany browser, press [1] once. This should make [1], [4], [9] produce "1", "4" and "9", and Shift [1], [4], [9] to produce "!", "$", ")" respectively. i.e. the normal behavior. wink.gif
I have just tested the number keys [1]-[0], all keys are working with the right symbols with [Shift].
Please test to see if any other key are misbehaving. I will then make/include this into a new scriptpack and let users just run a simple "./install.sh" to fix this.

ZDevil,

Just tried doing your fix....

However, have a real problem here to do it as not only can I not type a '1' now but if I try to type a '!' it also opens up the 'Terminal Emulator' window that I mentioned in my post on the other thread....

So, any way to get around this situation??? Or will I need to wait for your script???

Yipes!!!

blink.gif

+Quote Post
ZDevil
post Apr 3 2008, 11:00 AM
Post #23

QUOTE(ArchiMark @ Apr 3 2008, 07:25 PM) *
However, have a real problem here to do it as not only can I not type a '1' now but if I try to type a '!' it also opens up the 'Terminal Emulator' window that I mentioned in my post on the other thread....
So, any way to get around this situation??? Or will I need to wait for your script???

In this case just use another terminal. The xfce4 terminal and gnome terminal are slow and bulky, and I won't recommend them on the Z (and on laptops as well) even if there is no such issue. There are many more much better choices: rxvt, mrxvt, mlterm, multi-aterm, to name but a few.

+Quote Post
ArchiMark
post Apr 3 2008, 02:28 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 208

QUOTE(ZDevil @ Apr 3 2008, 12:00 PM) *
QUOTE(ArchiMark @ Apr 3 2008, 07:25 PM) *

In this case just use another terminal. The xfce4 terminal and gnome terminal are slow and bulky, and I won't recommend them on the Z (and on laptops as well) even if there is no such issue. There are many more much better choices: rxvt, mrxvt, mlterm, multi-aterm, to name but a few.

THANKS for the help, ZDevil.....installed mrxvt and then number '1' and '!' key worked great!!

laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th November 2014 - 08:26 PM