Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cacko And Pppoe
evilsocket
post Dec 25 2007, 11:28 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,954

Hello guys, first of all let me describe my environment ... i have a Sharp Zaurus SL-C1000 (akita), with Cacko ROM 1.23 (build 1029311005) installed, Qtopia 1.5.4 and kernel 2.4.20 .
I also have a wifi cf card perfectly configured and working ... now here's the problem .

In the newtwork configuration of Cacko (under Settings tab), i see there's the possibility to check and then configure a pppoe authentication ... well, i tried it cuz i have a wifi router that needs an pppoe session to route dsl connection to the client end point but ... it just doesn't work !
Actually, when configure the username and password, check the pppoe authentication checkbox and try to connect, the connection process starts but immediately fails with no error messages or something i could use to understand what's goin on .

For now, the only way i have to use internet connectivity from my akita, is enable forwarding in my laptop and set the default zaurus' gateway as its ip address ...

any hint ? ^^

PS : i use wep encryption
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Dec 26 2007, 01:44 PM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(evilsocket @ Dec 25 2007, 07:28 PM) *
In the newtwork configuration of Cacko (under Settings tab), i see there's the possibility to check and then configure a pppoe authentication ... well, i tried it cuz i

erm, the pppoe (ppp over ethernet) is the encapsulation of the IP datagrams for passing over a (usually) DSL circuit. Your router does this for you, and will present a pure IP over ethernet to its client devices.... so, just create a plain Wifi connection on Zaurus and it "should" work. You can do WPA as well, search forum but in essence you wack "WPA=y" into /etc/pcmcia/wlan-ng.opts into appropriate section and create a /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf entry.

+Quote Post
evilsocket
post Dec 26 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #3

Man, i definetly know what pppoe is... in fact my router, require the client end point to enstabilish a pppoe connection to forward it to the web .

On my slackware linux pc, i just associate my wlan interface to the router, then use the pppoe-setup/start scripts to enstabilish the DSL connection .

+Quote Post
speculatrix
post Dec 26 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #4

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4,149

QUOTE(evilsocket @ Dec 26 2007, 10:29 PM) *
Man, i definetly know what pppoe is... in fact my router, require the client end point to enstabilish a pppoe connection to forward it to the web .

On my slackware linux pc, i just associate my wlan interface to the router, then use the pppoe-setup/start scripts to enstabilish the DSL connection .

sorry if I insulted your intelligence. Is your "router" really just a DSL modem working in bridge mode so that any connected computer has to do all the pppoe work?

+Quote Post
evilsocket
post Dec 26 2007, 03:34 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(evilsocket @ Dec 26 2007, 02:29 PM) *

Well i kinda strange, is a router that a telephony company in my country (italy) gives within adsl line ... i think that it IS a router, but doesn't not have the ppp over ethernet encapsulation layer, so the computers, as you just said, must do all the dirty work tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2014 - 09:25 PM