Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Experiences with Japan Direct?
charlesa
post May 9 2004, 07:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,967

Hi -

Does anyone have any experiences in buying a Zaurii via Japan Direct? They have the C860 for US$699. Just wondering if anyone on this board has any experience with them. www.japan-direct.com

TIA,

C.

PS - I tried a number of times to get one off the eBay store referred to on this board, but he never replied to any of my emails (I sent 4 or 5) over the past few weeks so I have been looking for another supplier...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lardman
post May 9 2004, 08:47 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 464

I bought my c750 from them.

I had no problems.

Si

+Quote Post
pgas
post May 9 2004, 10:06 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,210

Same thing for me.
I didn't pay toll taxes. very nice people

+Quote Post
Laze
post May 9 2004, 11:09 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 20

Bought my C760 there - very nice indeed and they sent it as birthday presents = no taxes.

+Quote Post
lardman
post May 10 2004, 02:00 AM
Post #5

The only thing I would say, not paying taxes and all, is that it's sent in the normal post (though they insure it I think...?), this means that it just gets left on your doorstep (or in your little cupboard) if you're not in (well in England this is what happens).

Just a thought - if you don't live in a nice area make sure you're in to recieve the goods.

Si

+Quote Post
zbones
post May 10 2004, 12:45 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 1,114

The only thing I would say, not paying taxes and all, is that it's sent in the normal post (though they insure it I think...?), this means that it just gets left on your doorstep (or in your little cupboard) if you're not in (well in England this is what happens).

Thankfully they have *never* (GPO or delivery companies) done that with me. I always had to collect it the next day because "It's still on the van mate! and the van won't be back untill after we close.".

City link are the worst, as they retry delivery 3 times! ie day one delivered when I am at work, day two I go down to their office to pick it up on my way to work to find it's on the van again due for delivery at 12:30pm, guess where I will be then :shock: This is then repeated for the next two days even though I have told them "don't put it on the van tomorrow as I will collect it at 08:00am tomorrow morning".

I did have a catalogue company delivery bloke leaving my parcel in my WHEELIE BIN! Damn good job I found the note before I put the bin out that night I can tell you!!

Yes you may have guessed, I order lots of stuff for delivery and get really p****d off with them when they give me the run-around.

I would love the option of the delivery company holding the item for me to collect. It saves them a wasted journey (or in citylinks case 3 wasted journeys) and it saves my frustation at having to wait an extra day (or 3) to get my stuff.

Ohh sorry, to stay on topic I haven't ordered anything from Japan direct, but they do come highly regarded.

Peter

+Quote Post
DrWowe
post May 10 2004, 01:38 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1,468

Not to ruin your punchline (or stray even more OT, god forbid), but what's a wheelie bin?

Um, Japan Direct, yeah. My only experience is I sent them an email for a 6000W quote. Never got a reply.

+Quote Post
dh
post May 10 2004, 01:56 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 3,076

The ebay guy has a couple of 860s available for $677.00.
Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...3095143122&rd=1

I've ordered mine from him and he has been very responsive so far. Should be shipping just about now (with any luck) biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
lardman
post May 10 2004, 02:44 PM
Post #9

Wheelie bin = 'trash can' with wheels ;-)

Yeah, I suppose it's my fault - the box fitted in the little cupboard I have for such things (which are usually low value if sent by normal post rather than parcel force/courier), so I came home to find my £350 toy sat out pretty much where anyopne could have 'borrowed' it.

The solution is to not have a place for the postie to put parcels, then they'd have left a note, etc.

Si

+Quote Post
zbones
post May 11 2004, 05:57 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 1,114

normal post rather than parcel force/courier

Where I live we call them parcel farce.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that normal letters may tail off with the onslaught of email, but parcels will pick up as more people buy goods online.

Oh and whackin the damned thing in your dustbin (wheelie bin/ trash can/ dustbin/ refuse receptacle) is just plain stupid! They should be trying to encourage this *new* trend not trying to put you off buying over the net.

+Quote Post
david.furniss
post May 21 2004, 12:02 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 2,960

I bought my C860 on ebay a couple weeks ago from ryouma (kaysuke@hotmail.com) for $670 plus $35 shipping. Paid with PayPal. Delivery was amazingly fast - ordered Thursday afternoon, delivered Monday midday. From Japan to NJ in less than 90 hours. I wait longer for delieries from the next town.

+Quote Post
whit
post May 21 2004, 12:52 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 3,240

I bought my C860 on ebay a couple weeks ago from ryouma (kaysuke@hotmail.com) for $670 plus $35 shipping. Paid with PayPal. Delivery was amazingly fast - ordered Thursday afternoon, delivered Monday midday. From Japan to NJ in less than 90 hours. I wait longer for delieries from the next town.

But see http://www.zaurususergroup.com/index.php?n...iewtopic&t=2121 towards the end - ryouma is at present out of touch and not fulfilling orders, nor listing new items on his eBay store. All reports on him are good, but his current misfortune is being in a small way shared with customers awaiting shipment.

I did exchange a couple e-mails with the guy at Japan Direct before ordering from ryouma instead. He seemed relatively straightforward, with a dash of high pressure sales and spendy shipping fees, but likeable enough I would have ordered from him if ryouma weren't both less expensive and well reputed. If ryouma never comes through, Japan Direct is where I may turn next.

+Quote Post
ChrisZaurus
post May 21 2004, 01:37 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 3,172

When I orderd my precious Zaurus from Amazon.com, those animals (UPS) left my unprotected Zaurii sitting in a big brown "smiley-face-arrow-logo" box. With the subliminal message stamped to it: "THIS IS A BOX FROM AMAZON.COM, FEEL FREE TO TAKE ME" luckily I have trusty neighbors, so the box was sitting there when I got home from werk... I'm goining to hold off on the clamshell models until they come down to the 300 price range, just because, if I ever lost/(or in my case...broke) a $700 peice of equipment (plus accesories) That would probably stop me from buying future PDA's... :?

+Quote Post
leodegranz
post May 21 2004, 02:14 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 3,376

I purchased my C860 from Mercantile Computer Shop for around $635 to the door.

http://www.mcljapan.com

+Quote Post
LilMikey
post May 21 2004, 02:35 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 1,957

Wow, any idea how much mcljapan charges for a 760? They 860/760 pages are in all Japanese, di you mail someone over there or am I not looking in the right place?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 05:38 PM