Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How about start a 'beijing' ZUG
zhanght
post Jun 20 2004, 03:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,748

AFAIK, Zaurus series like sl5500/5600 already very popular in beijing.
and a lot of people own even C7XX, even a lot of ipaq user refalash their ipaq 36/3800 to run 'familia'.
Anyway, porting simplicity chinese inputmethod and convert 'simsun' font will unite a lot of people join 'beijing' ZUG.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zhanght
post Jun 20 2004, 03:56 AM
Post #2

BTW: There is a 'fantastic' Chinese Zaurus Fourm in taiwan for a long time.
http://zaurus.cis92.net/plps
Admin of that fourm, named 'monoldo' (nick:Captain of Traffic),
he lead a group of hacker there, they already done a lot of contribute
like 'traditional chinese inputmethod' and Big5 support for most of QT applications.
They even maintained a Traditional Chinese ROM with a kernelpatched 'preemtion feature' for sl5500.

+Quote Post
zhanght
post Jun 20 2004, 04:23 AM
Post #3

To my own point of view:
Zaurus is a Personal Mobile Tool, Not a traditional PDA only used for PIM.
It's also a good device to help youngman or students in college to learn linux!
but as we know CEC sell both sl5600c and sl7500c in such a high price with out any reason!
eg. You can buy a sl7500c from 'CEC' but use the same money you can get a brand-new C860 with a CF Wifi card together!
AFAIK, except chinese localizaiton/handwriting input method and CF GPRS driver, CEC almost do Nothing!
So... a lot of protential zaurus users will lost the chance to get in touch with it and lost chance to learn qt/java/kernel/embedded development on Zaurus.
My last words : beijing ZUG will help most of people in China who get Zaurus not from 'CEC' do simplicity chinese localization work. and supply optimized kernel.

+Quote Post
craigtyson
post Jun 22 2004, 04:04 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,698

ts not only people in Beijing who need a CN localised Zaurus. I live in the UK but use my Z as a quick lookup from Chinese to English and back using Pinyin and simplified characters. Its been a big frustration to me that the only Chinese input methods I can find for pinyin all are based on the traditional character set. A Beijing ZUG might just be the thing to get some proper CN localisation going and also bring the Z to a larger audience

+Quote Post
chyang
post Jun 22 2004, 08:53 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 156

nice to meet guys also in beijing here.
I prefer the ZUG of China.
tongue.gif

+Quote Post
chyang
post Jun 22 2004, 08:57 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 156

QUOTE(craigtyson @ Jun 23 2004, 08:04 AM)
ts not only people in Beijing who need a CN localised Zaurus. I live in the UK but use my Z as a quick lookup from Chinese to English and back using Pinyin and simplified characters. Its been a big frustration to me that the only Chinese input methods I can find for pinyin all are based on the traditional character set. A Beijing ZUG might just be the thing to get some proper CN localisation going and also bring the Z to a larger audience

http://sourceforge.net/projects/qpe-zh-tools/
try here, there is a pinyin input method available in simplified Pinyin.
I think that Zhanght must have some better input method. Perhaps we can share with him. smile.gif If it is not compiled for SL-5600C's pxa250/pxa255 specifically, I can use it on my StrongARM 1110 based sl-5500. smile.gif
Zhanght, How about it?

+Quote Post
murphytalk
post Jul 20 2004, 06:16 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 3,507

QUOTE(craigtyson @ Jun 23 2004, 09:04 AM)
ts not only people in Beijing who need a CN localised Zaurus.  I live in the UK but use my Z as a quick lookup from Chinese to English and back using Pinyin and simplified characters.  Its been a big frustration to me that the only Chinese input methods I can find for pinyin all are based on the traditional character set.  A Beijing ZUG might just be the thing to get some proper CN localisation going and also bring the Z to a larger audience

I just released a pinyin inputmethod under GPL, have a try laugh.gif
murphytalk pinyin inputmethod

but it is a version dedicated to C7xx/C8xx.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th December 2014 - 07:42 PM