Luke-Jr2 doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Gender Not Set
Joined: 14-July 04
Profile Views: 211*
Last Seen: 25th November 2006 - 04:00 PM
Local Time: Jan 18 2017, 10:54 PM
28 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
31 May 2005
I'm having problems getting to my home partition--
1. at boot, I need to Ctrl-C, or it will never finish
2. after this, /home is unmounted
3. I don't notice any problems in dmesg
4. mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock3 /home <-- hangs and uses 100% CPU as a zombie (unkillable) process
2 Oct 2004
My OZ 3.5.1 freezes quite often for some reason. Anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? If I'm lucky enough to have focus in a terminal, I can usually use it to chvt 1 and restart Opie. Then it will continue to work until it freezes again. This suggests it is an issue with either Opie, QPE, or the touchscreen drivers.
I can reproduce the freezing quite predictably by:
1. enable wireless
2. have wireless applet updating the signal line every 0sec
3. wait for wireless applet to die
4. use ?? applet to eject wireless card
5. Z is frozen: no input works, suspend button is ignored, and turning the switch on the bottom to remove battery is also ignored (Z is on until battery is removed)
1 Oct 2004
OZ 3.5.1 (Opie) is working nice so far. Installed Konqueror, but I can't login to my SquirrelMail for some reason. I am guessing this is a cookie issue (I get a "you're not logged in" immidiately after logging in). Anyone else experience this or know how to fix it?
9 Aug 2004
Is anyone using Linux 2.6 on their Z? How does it compare to the 2.4 kernels included in most (all?) ROMs?
What configuration works?
8 Aug 2004
I recently began looking into finally installing OpenZaurus/Opie on my C760... First, however, I want to back it up...
dd-ing to my PC via netcat shows a ton of:
. . . dd: /dev/mtd3: Input/output error
In the kernel log, there's lots of:
. . . sharp_sl_nand_read_ecc: Failed ECC read, page 0x0002ffe0
Via the service menu, there's a flash tester... it suggests 1 byte is bad.
The errors begin around when there is 37 MB saved on my PC and continue until about ... well, it doesn't stop... =p
Is this semi-normal (like bad pixels) and likely to have been there when I got it? Will the Z workaround the bad area and continue to function with just a bit less flash space?
Will installing another ROM (C860 or OZ) be risking making my Z unusable as a result?
On a side topic, am I even backing up the proper device (mtd0-3) or should I be looking elsewhere to get an entire backup?
Luke-Jr2 has no visitors to display.
Other users have left no comments for Luke-Jr2.
There are no friends to display.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 18th January 2017 - 10:54 PM|