zauruspimp doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Gender Not Set
Joined: 10-March 06
Profile Views: 141*
Last Seen: 16th March 2006 - 11:36 PM
Local Time: Dec 2 2016, 10:27 PM
8 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
10 Mar 2006
No matter what I've tried I can't seem to connect to my SL-5500 from my PC.
1. Tried both wifi and cradle connections with no success.
2. I can ping in both directions
3. In terminal mode, executed ps -ef and determined both samba processes, nmbd and smbd are running.
4. Reconfigured the smb.conf file to match the workgroup name and changed the interfaces = to my pc ip with no success (also commented out the interfaces line with no success as well).
5. Performed the required file changes, as stated in the How To section, to get a connection via wifi (with netbios line additions) with no success.
6. Changed the ip address to that noted in ipconfig with no success.
7. Hard booted the unit and reperformed the above with no success.
In short, the connection is up since I can ping each way. And Samba is running when the unit is in the cradle since nmbd and smbd are running. I've probably tried a lot of other things not listed above to no avail.
I'm sure I don't have a hardware problem as I did the above on different PC's both running Windows ME.
Any advice would be appreciated. I'm a novice to Linux and terminal commands and learned everything I know via this website.
zaurusstan posted the above in september of last year and got no replies. I have the exact same problem except I'm running WinXP-SP2 on my machines. Also i dont have the CFWI-FI yet so that hasnt been tried. I am running ROM 3.10 And i realize that doing ANYTHING with it (move files to/from, sync, ROM Update) requires that i get this working first. so..... suggestions?
zauruspimp has no visitors to display.
Other users have left no comments for zauruspimp.
There are no friends to display.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 2nd December 2016 - 06:27 PM|