Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - mibry

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
31
Cosmo Communicator - Hardware / Rooting the Cosmo Communicator
« on: March 26, 2020, 06:34:44 pm »
Quote from: mibry
I was wondering if someone could help me. I was trying to be smart by deleting google system files off my cosmo. When I try to apply the v20 patch it fails. I have downloaded the system dump files from post 83 and when I try to restore my cosmo from the scatter files it is missing some files. So far I have been able to resolve some of the error I am getting but I have hit a road block. I seem to be missing the bin files for scp1, scp2, lk, lk2, logo, tee1, tee2, cache and userdata. If I am able to restore without these file please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mibry

Reply to my own post. I was able to fix my problem by using fastboot to restore the system.img file from the dump that was done by Ninji. Thanks for the dumped files.

32
Cosmo Communicator - Hardware / Rooting the Cosmo Communicator
« on: March 26, 2020, 11:03:40 am »
I was wondering if someone could help me. I was trying to be smart by deleting google system files off my cosmo. When I try to apply the v20 patch it fails. I have downloaded the system dump files from post 83 and when I try to restore my cosmo from the scatter files it is missing some files. So far I have been able to resolve some of the error I am getting but I have hit a road block. I seem to be missing the bin files for scp1, scp2, lk, lk2, logo, tee1, tee2, cache and userdata. If I am able to restore without these file please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mibry

33
Cosmo Communicator - Linux / Newly installed Debian: no Bluetooth
« on: March 18, 2020, 12:30:49 pm »
Quote from: gemini_user_j
Quote from: mibry
Quote from: gemini_user_j
Quote from: manthis
Hi,

I have installed Debian provided by Planet Computers last night but unfortunately I can’t get the Bluetooth on to connect my mouse. Am I the only one to have this issue?
Hey, have you tried the following which worked for my Debian on Gemini?
https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=35142
Wont work, the cosmo gemian linux doesn't have bluetooth support in the kernel at present.
Sounds like an uphill battle, good luck.

I hope not. Given the way the gemini linux development went I think that the guys working on the kernel and gemian should be able to get it all running. Just going to take time. We need Planet to release the new boot loader which will allow the modem to be accessible by the kernel which should mean bt and the phone modem will accessible.

34
Cosmo Communicator - Linux / Newly installed Debian: no Bluetooth
« on: March 17, 2020, 06:52:30 pm »
Quote from: gemini_user_j
Quote from: manthis
Hi,

I have installed Debian provided by Planet Computers last night but unfortunately I can’t get the Bluetooth on to connect my mouse. Am I the only one to have this issue?
Hey, have you tried the following which worked for my Debian on Gemini?
https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=35142
Wont work, the cosmo gemian linux doesn't have bluetooth support in the kernel at present.

35
Quote from: cam1965
Quote from: mibry
Quote from: cam1965
Quote from: mibry
Ok I see what you mean. No wifi is worst than not having the other modules. We will have to wait on Nokit and Adam for full kernel. Thanks for the files.

Yes. It is true.
The kernel update from repository also has no wifi support.
I've asked here the sources for vendor modules. No answers yet.
Please see
https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=36163

Silly question, when you compiled the kernel did it compile the modules correctly? Did you try compiling a monolithic kernel?
The kernel config has support for modules. But it has only 2 modules enabled and also this binfmt module that I have enabled .
This module was compiled  correctly. When I boot with my compiled kernel it loads the binfmt module correctly. I don' t have time to dedicate to cosmo. I will not compile a monolithic kernel ( for the reasons below ).
As my other question, the vendor modules are not in the kernel source  tree ( this modules are necessary to wifi support ). Please see below:

https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=36163

Note : these vendor modules work only with the kernel image provided by Planet. The updadted kernel from repositories ( apt-get update and apt-get upgrade ) don't load them correctly.

Looking at the latest posting from Planet hopefully a new kernel will be forthcoming that will allow a kernel to be compiled.

36
Quote from: cam1965
Quote from: mibry
Ok I see what you mean. No wifi is worst than not having the other modules. We will have to wait on Nokit and Adam for full kernel. Thanks for the files.

Yes. It is true.
The kernel update from repository also has no wifi support.
I've asked here the sources for vendor modules. No answers yet.
Please see
https://www.oesf.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=36163

Silly question, when you compiled the kernel did it compile the modules correctly? Did you try compiling a monolithic kernel?

37
Ok I see what you mean. No wifi is worst than not having the other modules. We will have to wait on Nokit and Adam for full kernel. Thanks for the files.

38
Quote from: cam1965
Quote from: cam1965
Quote from: mibry
Quote from: cam1965
Hi,
after a long journey compiling kernel inside cosmo ( I did a lot of changes to compile it , really a pain ) , the kernel was compiled.
But only vmlinux was generated . Not the Image.gz-dtb.
Please see the error in the attached photo.
( dtc_overlay exec format error ).
Please developers help me.
I think Adam Boardman can help me.
Thank you all.

Updated : the error persists inside cosmo, but if compiled in my mac ( with dual  boot mac and linux ) the image was generated correctly.

There was a comment I read somewhere stating that compiling kernel on the cosmo was not work at present due to MISC_BINFMT was not enabled in the initial kernel. This in turn effects when the kernel compiles as it tries to call some x86 functions during compile time. I think this is correct.
Ok. Thank you so much.

Compiled a kernel in my mac with linux  (with binfmt_misc support ) and tried to compile a new  kernel in cosmo ( booting the kernel with binfmt_misc support enabled ), but the problem persists. The kernel was compiled generating vmlinux, but not  generating Image.gz-dtb.

Anyway thank you

Can I ask if you can share you boot.img with bindmt_support, I have been trying to compile a kernel with same and namespaces without much success. Thanks in advance.

39
Quote from: cam1965
Hi,
after a long journey compiling kernel inside cosmo ( I did a lot of changes to compile it , really a pain ) , the kernel was compiled.
But only vmlinux was generated . Not the Image.gz-dtb.
Please see the error in the attached photo.
( dtc_overlay exec format error ).
Please developers help me.
I think Adam Boardman can help me.
Thank you all.

Updated : the error persists inside cosmo, but if compiled in my mac ( with dual  boot mac and linux ) the image was generated correctly.

There was a comment I read somewhere stating that compiling kernel on the cosmo was not work at present due to MISC_BINFMT was not enabled in the initial kernel. This in turn effects when the kernel compiles as it tries to call some x86 functions during compile time. I think this is correct.

40
Cosmo Communicator - Linux / Battery life, telephony and CoDi
« on: February 25, 2020, 09:45:28 am »
Quote from: TomJ
Quick couple of questions for those who've taken the plunge with Linux on the Cosmo: what's the battery life like, does it have cellular access and, if so, can you use it with the CoDi?

Phone calls, sms, bluetooth and power management don't work at present.

My battery will last about 4 - 5 hours of continual use, in order to close the lid I power off or boot the device into android.

CoDi is also not useable for now.

41
Cosmo Communicator - Linux / Beta Linux Testing
« on: February 23, 2020, 05:34:24 am »
Quote from: mibry
Quote from: mmbika
Can someone please make and post some videos with this latest Linux stuff ... there is nothing on the web yet about it and results point to months old links, want to see how this Android and Linux lives side by side and if anyone did manage to get it over the external monitor it would be even better ... if someone could use just USB monitor

I will post a video in the next couple of days.

Video of Linux running on the Cosmo. Warning, the file is 183mb.

 https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ag51c2D8JaCgtg0St-k...MngY4L?e=si9gYC

42
Cosmo Communicator - Linux / Beta Linux Testing
« on: February 19, 2020, 08:15:43 am »
Quote from: mmbika
Can someone please make and post some videos with this latest Linux stuff ... there is nothing on the web yet about it and results point to months old links, want to see how this Android and Linux lives side by side and if anyone did manage to get it over the external monitor it would be even better ... if someone could use just USB monitor

I will post a video in the next couple of days.

43
Cosmo Communicator - Linux / Beta Linux Testing
« on: February 13, 2020, 07:34:39 am »
Quote from: irukandji
Did someone test linux image? Does it do anything regarding linux phone calls, sms, mobile network?
Calls, SMS, bluetooth and mobile data don't work at present.

44
Cosmo Communicator - Linux / Beta Linux Testing
« on: February 12, 2020, 03:37:32 pm »
I would suggest jumping onto telegram and go into the planet group and ask on there.

45
Cosmo Communicator - Linux / Beta Linux Testing
« on: February 12, 2020, 03:16:38 pm »
Quote from: szopin
Quote from: mibry
Quote from: szopin
Anyone managed to get their keyboard layout working? Followed instructions (removed _apt user from passwd, did apt-get update/upgrade, added cosmo to model), but layout stays us no matter what, ctrl-alt-k just displays 'us' even after removing 'us' from layouts

Go into the settings -> input devices -> keyboard. In the keyboard model select Planet | Planet Computers Cosmo Communicator.

Then select apply.

This worked for me.
Yeah, still having the default (US?) layout, no luck with adding/changing layouts, so trying to find any special keys like -_" etc is a bummer

Did you do an apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade? The image is from about the 21st Jan. And then reboot.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5