May 25 2005, 12:28 AM
Joined: 8-December 04
Member No.: 5,839
i wgetted guylhem-rom and the corresponding feed, in order to test it.
sorry, but the main thread is getting to big to be read, so i opened
a new thread. a lot of the below is mentioned in the main thread:
1. first surprise: the image is bigger than 64mb. this was really bad.
i had a 64mb cf (fat) and 256mb sd (ext2).
question: why is the no-gui version also 66mb? can i repackage the
image(s) dropping some applications etc.? is it possible to rip my
personal installed qtopia files and use it with the no-gui version?
i bought me a 1gb cf, but in near future this will also be ext formatted.
this will be a problem to flash big files.
2. too man errors/warnings while booting. no problem as long the rom is stable..
3. the animal behind guylhem!:-) nice shot, i will use it as a wallpaper..
4. who needs these applications? its overloaded with applications i dont use
resp. will not use. a minimal installation would be nice, see 1.
5. package manager only installs to flash, so there should be infos about
flash storage in "system information".
6. i tried mplayer (from my binaries on the sd card). it works great!
very fast compared to the stock rom even using low speed.
7. where is a backup tool? this tool is the main cause why people are turning back
to the stock rom, because it allows experimenting.. so guylhem rom should also
have a backup tool.
8. guylhelm personal configurations have to be removed (opie-reader etc.)
8. a pdf viewer would be nice, also kopi/kapi as pim applications, mplayer + gui,
a wifi sniffer?
summarizing i think that all owners of a tosa should be interested in this rom,
it is fast and seems to be stable!
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 28th March 2017 - 02:18 AM|