IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Pledge Donation
the_oak
post Dec 9 2005, 07:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,794

In case Guylhem did not see it in the thread about video acceleration in 6000 >> hardware, I would like to donate to Guylhem's rom, but I need assurance that he has not lost interest in his rom development. I will donate $50.00 thru PayPal to get him going again. And another $50.00 once the network setup apps work, right-handed fonts in rotation, and power button (hardware) button suspends. Anyone else?

But, please let us know we are not donating to a project that has been abandoned. Just say the word, and $50.00 is set aside for you. I realize that you need a reason to provide such a generous gift to people you do not even know, and I, for one, am willing to put my money where my mouth is.

I feel that others would also be willing to donate to development of a better rom. I think your rom holds the most promise for 6000's.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
neuroshock
post Dec 10 2005, 12:45 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 4,562

Absolutely,

It's sooooo close to having its rough edges polished off. I'll contribute $50usd to this. Just get those things that Oak listed knocked out. And since I made my first donation to him before I had even tried his ROM, I would think there's no need for anyone to doubt whether I'll deliver or not. =)

Guylhem- whether you continue to be a SL-6000 series owner and/or developer or not it would simply be a tradgedy after all the work that you have poured into it to stop just before it's completely done. Your work has been such a magnificent monument to this platform! I wouldn't want to look back at it as an unfinished "Mona Lisa", it deserves to be a completely finished work like Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel.

So, see this through my friend. It will be your legacy to the users of a device that had something in common with you- you were both way ahead of your time in comparison to your peers! And I mean that as a heartfelt compliment.

Having said all that, I've appreciated the work that you've already done for us immensely- and I've always appreciated your friendship as well. So if this simply cannot become a reality please realize that we won't think any less of you personally and we will still hold you in high regard. I don't want you to feel like we're twisting your arm too hard, because you deserve better than that for all you've done for us. Instead we've taken the incentive approach. If some income would buy you the time and opportunity to put a few more hours into this then I will GLADLY contribute- before or after you're done with the ROM. Just let us know that you're intending to finish it out and PayPal will be raining a bit of money on you!

Thanks Guylhem,
-Dan

+Quote Post
loc4me
post Dec 10 2005, 04:49 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,538

I will glady donate as well. I will make the donation not to intice him to work on it more but b/c of the great work he has already done.

Last i talked to Guylhem, he said that he was really busy. I seriously doubt that he has abandoned the ROM. Like every other Zaurus App/rom developer out there, they do these projects in their spare time and have to work normal day jobs like the rest of us. I would like to see Guylhem spend more time polishing out the bugs in the ROM but you know what they say about programming/developing/coding. The last 10% takes 90% of the time.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 10:58 PM