OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Most "alive" Rom/image For The Sl5500 Right Now?
torpor
post Feb 16 2006, 03:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,106

hi all .. i recently dug my sl5500 out of the closet and booted it up to find that the old OpenZaurus 3.1 setup i had on it wasn't gonna work without the pilfered SD card that used to be in it no more, so .. i'm looking for suggestions about what to boot on this happy little sl5500 now? i'd like to put it to use for interesting things .. okay, so its gotten a lot less attention since i got a few GP2X's around, but .. along those lines .. whats a good distro for the sl5500 right now?

anything with emu pkg's easy to install?

i've got a WLAN card for it too (old Sony Clie one) and it works, and i could put a 256 SD card in it .. any particular suggestions about how to set it up these days for 'easy/general use'? 64/0, /home on SD? is cacko the only decent image for doing this ...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Ferret-Simpson
post May 29 2006, 08:01 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,295

GPE apps WILL NOT work on QT based (Opie, Qtopia) systems. GPE is based on a cut down X-server with a built in Windowmanager, Matchbox.
GPE gives you access to stuff like Firefox, Thunderbird, OpenOffice.org (Although all old versions) as well as Gommunicator, and any other X apps that have been ported |shrugs| look at the feeds, or pdaXrom feeds.

OPIE gives you access to all the old apps that you're used to.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 03:06 PM