+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
amrein
post May 10 2007, 03:48 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,950

adf, why do you need to talk about Windows mobile instability to explain the current situation of the Zaurus distro? Why should I think about Windows synchronization while I only use Linux desktop. Why did you talk about other successful devices and distro instead of the Zaurus ones? Thinks about all this.

I wouldn't use Linux as my only and main desktop if someone used those arguments to explains bugs and instabilities. And yes, I tested them all, as I tested other external synchronization solutions. The facts are there.

Ubuntu? A new hope! This is how I see this. A new hope even if they won't target the Zaurus Line without external contributions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
adf
post May 10 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,572

POssibly I misunderstood you? I use ubuntu desktops and a debian server.
I thought you were saying that handheld linux was dead and that it somehow died because of developer centered zaurus distros. That didn't seem to me to be the case. I also thought you were pointing out widows mobile as a good alternative, which also didn't seem to be the case.
Finally, I think you should give a version of Meanie's pdaXii13 a spin, if it runs on the 760 (I think it does)., You might be pleasantly surprised.

Finally, I agree that handheld ubuntu is a good thing. I thought you maybe had reservations?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 02:40 AM