OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Complete Backup Of Zaurus?, What is the perfect method?
xamindar
post Jun 26 2008, 12:39 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,368

I'm getting the itch to mess around with some other distros out there for my c3100 but I do not want to lose the exact setup I have now. I am using the original sharp rom heavily customized to exactly my needs. So I want to know what you guys out there recomend to do to back it up so that if I want to go back to it I can restore it completely as if nothing had happened.

I am thinking first of all to go into the D+M menu and use the tool in there to backup the internal 4gig drive onto an external 8gig cf I have...then do a NAND backup. But that leaves the actual installed and currently running os in flash...how do I back that up? A NAND is just a backup of the original rom as if I reformated back to factory defaults right? Or does it backup EVERYTHING?

Or, can I just dd the whole thing onto my f card? But that leaves the trouble of how do I restore it.

Thanks for any help...I hope to eventually get a dual boot setup so I can have a more modern os on my zaurus for doing certain things and then still be able to go back to my old sharp rom for the japanese/pim/music stuff I have come to love on the zaurus.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th December 2014 - 02:56 AM