OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sd/mmc Mod Process, i'm going to try it...
d2a
post Aug 12 2008, 02:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,175

So i'd like to try adding space via the SD/MMC mod. having read the various wiki entries and forum posts, if i understand correctly, I need:
  1. SD card
  2. cheap SD -> USB adapter (optional?)
  3. ribbon cable 0.5mm pitch 20 pin ?
  4. adapter - this? or this?
  5. wire and assorted soldering bits and bobs

I'm happy dismantling the Simpad, and am competent at soldering small components. Is this all I need, or am I missing something?

Secondly, does anyone know a UK firm that has the ribbon cable components? alternatively, would someone be wiling to order the parts on my behalf, and then post them to the uk? the lc-design site did not seem to offer international sales.

Thirdly, what is the most recent recommended bluetooth module? I am less interested initially in this mod, but would probably try it if there was a cheap module.

Thanks in advance for any help
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Eazee
post Oct 19 2008, 03:44 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,363

Hey all!

@Martin: Yes, I tested Angstrom 2.6er images and the Familiar0.8.4 with kernel 2.4.
I use a BTM 222 bluetooth module from 1-2-3 bay ;-) and just soldered a microSD socket.
Software: I browsed the feeds and there a few "missing", sometimes you can use the packages from the familiar feeds when there are no problems with libraries.

@mr_nice: Thanks, I didnīt want to be rude, just hoped you get an email that there is a PM here, so that your answer is coming faster ;-)
Are there images with kernel 2.6 with working driver for sd?

Regards,

eazee
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 01:54 PM