OESF | ELSI | pdaXrom | OpenZaurus | Zaurus Themes | Community Links | Ibiblio

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Multiboot With Sharp Rom
post May 29 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,025

I am trying to get my 3200 to multiboot with the Sharp ROM. I flashed NAND to my original Sharp back up, installed the kexec boot loader (from Cortez IIRC) and have Zubuntu 1 and 2 on two SDHC card partitions, working fine.

Currently, the HDD has the original layout so that shouldn't be a problem. Which kernel do I use to boot from kexec to Sharp ?

I had a kernel, downloaded from someone on OESF I guess, and it boots into QPE but the SD card driver doesn't work, dmesg shows lots of messages
pxa_sd_wait_id_response: responce time out (cmd=01 MMC_STAT=0x2142)
At first I thought this was due to the SDHC card but when I swap to a 1 GB SD card it isn't recognised.

Thanks in advance
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Start new topic
post Jun 8 2010, 12:26 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,368

Wow, it worked the first try. Was able to use the kexec kernel to boot my sharp kernel into my sharp rom installed on nand. Only thing is it scans the nand partitions which for some reason takes FOREVER. Anyone know of a way to tell it not to sense I don't have any kernels there? I imagine it probably involves compiling a new kernel. Also, the sharp kernel gets stuck on the multipartition SD card and I have to eject it to let the boot process finish. Also can't read that SD card once booted either, I'll have to look into that. Still able to read all my other, normal SD and SDHC cards though so no big loss. Now to install as many roms as possible on the SD card and try them all out!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2015 - 10:30 AM