OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio


Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> qtopia sdk problem, Trying to follow the HOWTO!
post Nov 8 2004, 01:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Posts: 125
Joined: 5-October 04
Member No.: 4,882

My goal is to get the qtopia sdk going so I can start playing with code.

I'm on redhat 9. I've followed the HOWTO to the letter, but when I get to the point where I try to compile the example...

[root@localhost root]# source dev-x86-qpe.sh
Altered environment for Sharp Zaurus Development x86
[root@localhost root]# cd example/
[root@localhost example]# tmake -o Makefile example.pro
[root@localhost example]# make
gcc -o example main.o example.o examplebase.o moc_example.o moc_examplebase.o -L/opt/Qtopia/lib -lqpe -lqte
main.o(.text+0x1d): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `QPEApplication::QPEApplication[in-charge](int&, char**, QApplication::Type)'
main.o(.text+0x3e): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `QPEApplication::showMainWidget(QWidget*, bool)'
main.o(.text+0x46): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `QPEApplication::exec()'
main.o(.text+0x59): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `QPEApplication::~QPEApplication [in-charge]()'
... etcetera etcetera

Any ideas?


howto link: http://zaurususergroup.com/modules.php?op=...ompiler%20Setup
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Start new topic
post Nov 9 2004, 12:45 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Posts: 125
Joined: 5-October 04
Member No.: 4,882

Just a followup. I have gotten the example application to compile and run on my C860 after spending most of the day banging my head against my desk.

If anyone needs a hand, I'll try and help.

The gist of it was, use the dev-x86-qpe.sh and dev-arm-qpe.sh files from the HOWTO, but use the qtopia 1.7 sdk. Since I improperly removed 1.5 before installing 1.7, I got all kinds of BS, until I got rid of them both completely and forced a reinstall of the 1.7 rpm. Then, although I could compile for x86, compiling for arm gave me all kinds of reference undefined errors. I had to add libs in the tmake.conf (thankfully I found a post in google cache that lead me to it), and then finally it compiled for arm, but wouldn't run on the C860. I had to remove -lqtopia from the tmake.conf.

Now I'm flying high, with the equivalent of hello world running on my z! wink.gif

Good luck.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:


RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd April 2018 - 02:27 PM