burned doesn't have a personal statement currently.
Gender Not Set
Joined: 19-March 06
Profile Views: 98*
Last Seen: 20th March 2006 - 12:39 PM
Local Time: Oct 22 2014, 03:23 PM
4 posts (0 per day)
* Profile views updated each hour
20 Mar 2006
I've been intently following the development of 3.5.4 and just installed it yesterday on my 3.5.3 collie/5500. What follows is a list of things that are marvellous.
- card manager instantly recognizes & configures my cards. AMAZING; wifi magically works, Opie Mediaplayer2 even populates its list properly and the Documents tab has everything. wasn't so in 3.5.3 and it was a big pain and now it's magically fixed! My SD doesn't show up in "slot 1" when it's mounted, but I think it's because it's ext2 and not vfat, so once I find where mkfs.vfat got off to, that'll be sorted.
- reload icons icon. greatly appreciated.
- the reorganized o-menu is sweet
- altshell is a very nice addition (what is the password I set on first boot? i know it's not the rootword, but it's never asked me for it again so i'm a little confused)
I guess there isn't that much to this list, but I'm basically in awe that it's working already since reflashing yesterday. 3.5.3 was never this smooth... it rocks.
BUT: my one beef is that SD packages (like opie mediaplayer2, my killer app) still get installed to /media/sd/packages/usr, while "ipkg-link mount /media/sd" looks for things in /media/sd/usr. I have to make a symlink every time I reformat, which is annoying, but at least I know (took about a week of sporratic research to find out...). That's my only problem, really; a path reorg a while ago seems to not have proliferated as far as it should've.
All in all though, totally rad. Maybe it's psychosomatic, but everything feels smoother and less, well, linuxey. Thanks devs!
burned has no visitors to display.
Other users have left no comments for burned.
There are no friends to display.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 02:23 PM|