OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> support page / reporting Web Site
maki.jouni
post Nov 27 2019, 11:05 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 850,543

Planet Computers have told at IndieGoGo, that they will advise a reporting Web Site and support pages this week.

"
Planet Computers 1 minute ago
PROJECT OWNER
We will advise a reporting Web Site and support pages this week.
"

Also there will be FW update upcoming at next week

"
Also, there is a firmware update planned for next week, with initial fixes and also with the landscape mode GUI for the cover display.
"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
alix
post Dec 4 2019, 12:49 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 860,444

@vader: the critical problems are the following ones:

- battery drain: some users (me included) report a battery drain while using the cosmo normally (without battery saving, and with wifi, localization, outer screen on, mobile data etc.); in my test, if I am using the cosmo in usual cases (installing apps, browsing the web, fetching and pushing emails, working through ssh, listening to mp3 etc.), I am out of battery after 6 hours; in comparison my huawei p30 pro lasts 10 hours under the same usage conditions;

- peripherals not fully working: for me it is the front mic which will be muted when the case is closed (I can not place calls without opening the shell), for others this is the jack which does not output sound correctly (in both cases, probably a switch issue), some have experienced sticky keys, random behaviour as if the TAB key have been constantly pressed, some incorrect key assignments (shift+key output sometimes 2 signs);

- outer screen: screen freezing sometimes, screen slow, icons have to be activated by pressing them bottom left (calibration issue), image distortion on the outer screen when you want to take a picture or make a video, image rendering on the outer screen very slow;

- power-on: sometimes it does not power-on when you press the silver button at the top -- in my test, I have to press the silver button, then I have to open the case, press the ESC key, press the silver button again; when it does not work, I have to plug in the power supply in the USB-C and renew the procedure in order to start the cosmo.

These are the major pitfalls at the moment. But this said, we have to do with a complex hardware, and it is not sure that all these issues are related to the cosmo -- some can also be related to Android 9. This has to be sorted out by the team at PC which should deliver firmware updates and patches for Android 9 on the cosmo. In my case, the inability to place calls without opening the case makes that I can not use the cosmo as my daily driver at the moment. So it remains mostly in its box until the issues have been addressed. It is very sad, because I see the potential of the cosmo and can imagine how it could be nicely integrated into my workflow.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2020 - 02:29 PM