OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Testing TP2, lock-on-close-lid and brightness not working
psionlover
post Mar 25 2019, 11:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 825,001

A year ago I did a lot of testing on my gemini linux device and finally left it alone, because it did not work for the (very limited) use case I need it for. After a year I had some spare time and blew the dust from my gemini. The good news is that I made some progress and have more hope to use the gemini for my daily life. I want to use the gemini just offline and sync it with my desktop while being at home:
- agenda, contacts, tasks
- notes taking and text editing
- basic (osm) maps (foxtrotgps seems to fit the bill)
- music listening
- reading and annotating books and articles
Syncing is really a pain in the arse. Many progs don't like interference with their data from external systems. Other programs (like evolution) just refuse to work if there is no connection with a (caldev or carddev) server. I finallly found some very down to earth progs which just take what they are offered as data (calcurse, abook, wikidpad) and I succesfully using them for a while now. But I still have quite a few hick-ups which I hope you can help me with. I have TP2 installed and as far as I know I installed everything like I should. I did not use the flashtool to make a new image. Just upgraded from TP1. My main problem is that lock-on-close-lid is not working. I made sure 'enable lid watcher' is off as I understand it would interfere with 'xss-lock gemian-lock'. Another thing is that brightness is not working (not by 'Lxqt settings', nor by using Fn-N/Fn-B ). It used to work, I am not aware to have changed something.

If someone can give me hints I would very much like to hear.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2019 - 08:31 AM