OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Way to save image/photo from MMS?
Alius
post May 15 2018, 11:58 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 815,867

I might be missing something, but I do not seem to find an option to save a picture from an MMS message. The share function is there, so i can send the picture to another MMS recipient or to email, etc. But this seems like a very roundabout way of saving a picture that was sent to me. Does anyone else have this issue or am I just neglecting to see a widget someplace?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Varti
post May 16 2018, 11:58 PM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 21,713

It looks like the save functionality is not implemented in Android, so you need to install a third-party app to do this. I find it strange that such a basic functionality has never been included in the OS...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...vemms&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...evmon.backupmms

Varti

+Quote Post
Alius
post May 17 2018, 11:55 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 815,867

Thanks Varti! That is strange, I guess I was spoiled to an extent, as my Samsung Android phones had this feature.

+Quote Post
Sunyavadin
post May 21 2018, 01:15 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 821,211

QUOTE(Alius @ May 17 2018, 08:55 PM) *
Thanks Varti! That is strange, I guess I was spoiled to an extent, as my Samsung Android phones had this feature.

Yeah, this is among the many features which seem to have vanished in newer versions of Android (Or as I discovered with a few core functions, been buried nested away under developer options)

+Quote Post
Ifanafi
post May 21 2018, 06:20 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 817,726

Did you fix that function via "developer options"; if yes, will you please share the steps you took?

Thank you.

QUOTE(Sunyavadin @ May 21 2018, 05:15 AM) *
QUOTE(Alius @ May 17 2018, 08:55 PM) *

Yeah, this is among the many features which seem to have vanished in newer versions of Android (Or as I discovered with a few core functions, been buried nested away under developer options)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th February 2020 - 01:49 AM