OESF Portal | OESF Forum | OESF Wiki | LinuxPDA | #planetgemini chat on matrix.org | #gemini-pda chat on Freenode | #zaurus and #alarmz chat on Freenode | ELSI (coming soon) | Ibiblio

IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> QR Code Scanning
SwordfishII
post Feb 26 2020, 11:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 865,555

I use Google messages for sms/mms. It has a neat feature that allows you to scan a qr code on a computer browser and use the computer to respond to messages.

Problem is the cosmo camera seems to distort the qr code which is the only means of authenticating.

Anybody know how to tweak the camera distortion?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vistaus
post Feb 26 2020, 02:21 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 850,627

I've scanned various QR codes with a few different apps, including my banking app, and it's never distorted. So I think there might be something wrong with your lens. Try cleaning it.

+Quote Post
Daniel W
post Feb 27 2020, 07:00 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 823,019

If you scan other QR codes, with some dedicated barcode scanning app, do you see the same distortion there? If so, there may indeed be something off with your camera hardware, in which case you might have to open a support case and perhaps have your device repaired.

If other apps scans QR codes fine, it would seem the Google messages app might have a problem. If so, you may have to hope for a bug fix from Google.

+Quote Post
NormMonkey
post Feb 27 2020, 09:34 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 860,015

You might find that the distortion is due to the rotation. I've seen this happen in several apps on my Cosmo, including a QR reader app along with other apps.

Have you tried to force-rotate the app when the camera image is distorted?

+Quote Post
Jeffers
post Mar 15 2020, 07:18 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 817,961

I've logged a bug for this because I'm having similar problems with other apps.

For example, in Telegram, if I try to take a photo within the app, the scaling of the live view is all distorted.

I use another app called Zipgrade that scans test papers, but I can't use it on Cosmo because the camera view is so distorted that I can't get the boxes in the camera view and on the test papers to line up.

In both cases, rotating the screen does nothing to help - sometimes it just makes the distortion even worse.

+Quote Post
SwordfishII
post Mar 16 2020, 10:35 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(NormMonkey @ Feb 27 2020, 09:34 AM) *
You might find that the distortion is due to the rotation. I've seen this happen in several apps on my Cosmo, including a QR reader app along with other apps.

Have you tried to force-rotate the app when the camera image is distorted?

Yes

+Quote Post
SwordfishII
post Mar 16 2020, 10:36 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Jeffers @ Mar 15 2020, 07:18 AM) *
I've logged a bug for this because I'm having similar problems with other apps.

For example, in Telegram, if I try to take a photo within the app, the scaling of the live view is all distorted.

I use another app called Zipgrade that scans test papers, but I can't use it on Cosmo because the camera view is so distorted that I can't get the boxes in the camera view and on the test papers to line up.

In both cases, rotating the screen does nothing to help - sometimes it just makes the distortion even worse.

Same. I'm not super concerned because that is a minor issue to me

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th April 2020 - 02:46 PM